Perry co. schools fires a fake teacher and then hires him as an assistant

Posted in the Hazard Forum

Amanda Lou

Sheridan, AR

#1 Apr 2, 2011
Our Perry County Board of education hired a teacher to teach history around 2007 and then finds out that he didn't even have a teacher degress and didn't even go to college and then a few years later hires him at A.B Combs as an assistant. Who gets the credit for this? John Pumpkin or Amis? That's what is in charge of our children.
hmm

Franklin, OH

#2 Apr 2, 2011
who was the teacher?
concernedmommy

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2011
Who is the assisstant?
leave it

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Apr 2, 2011
this is old news. obviously somebody dont like the boy. Hes a really good guy and the kids love him!
NRW

Nancy, KY

#5 Apr 3, 2011
lol the big black guy who taught at perry entral lmao
JMO

Williston, SC

#6 Apr 3, 2011
He seemed to be a pretty good guy And he did go to college, just hadn't had his boards yet. I'm not sure about his status as of now. Wish him the best of luck.
faker

Sheridan, AR

#7 Apr 4, 2011
they have fake teacher assistance at walker town
meand3

London, KY

#8 Apr 6, 2011
They need to hire some that will take the time to TEACH these kids instead of taking their break cause they don't know who to do it.I was told it is MY job to teach them and I agree that to a point it is my job but it is also their job to teach in the class room. I can only do so much and god for bid you don't know how to do something cause your child will have their break took the next day when they go back and say I didn't get this done cause I didn't know how to do it can you help me it's like they get mad cause they gotta do something.
Amanda Lou

Somerset, KY

#9 Apr 7, 2011
leave it wrote:
this is old news. obviously somebody dont like the boy. Hes a really good guy and the kids love him!
We expect our kids to do the right thing and behave. This doesn't apply to the adults. Our lesson to the kids then would be it's o.k to lie and pretend to be something you're not as long as you are nice doing it!!
too much

Somerset, KY

#10 Apr 7, 2011
yell, it's rediculous that adults can be so deceiving and some how look good. Teachers get certificates. They go to school 4 years and then they take a big test to get their certificate. It doesn't matter if the kids like him. He's a lier, a fake and is suppose to be a role model for our kids. If this is the best role model we can find to hire in the school system, we are all in trouble.
OH MY

East Bernstadt, KY

#11 Apr 7, 2011
WHY THAHT SCHOOL
Jealous

Hazard, KY

#12 Apr 8, 2011
Amanda Lou wrote:
Our Perry County Board of education hired a teacher to teach history around 2007 and then finds out that he didn't even have a teacher degress and didn't even go to college and then a few years later hires him at A.B Combs as an assistant. Who gets the credit for this? John Pumpkin or Amis? That's what is in charge of our children.
Sounds like Amanda Lou has a personal problem with someone and trying to make a good person look bad. Fix you problem and stay out of the schools business, I am sure they know what they are doing and don't need you to talk trash about a good. kind and caring person. Get a life!
agree

Hazard, KY

#13 Apr 8, 2011
leave it wrote:
He is a very good person, but you can't please all the people all the time just like any other human being. Leave it alone and leave him alone!
talk to the hand

Hazard, KY

#14 Apr 8, 2011
Amanda Lou wrote:
You are in charge of your children Amanda Lou, is this how you talk to them. Did you ask if they liked this person? Or do you just want to talk trash about someone that you really don't know? Judge not for thy will be judged!!!
hummm

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Apr 8, 2011
I agree he is a nice person. But he also lied and thats wrong, especially when it comes to an authority figure who is supposed to be a certified teacher. By hiring him back as an assistant the BOE is saying its ok to lie as long as you're nice. Thats setting a double standard for the school children and YES, its teaching them to lie.
Children are like sponges, they soak up every bit of knowledge they can. It was wrong to hire him then and its wrong to hire him now. If he had the childrens best interest at heart, he'd not of accepted the position as an assistant.
Dunno

London, KY

#16 Apr 8, 2011
Always something to talk trash about. Don't you people ever get sick of it? Is your lives so pathetic that all you can do is talk trash about someone else? With all of the problems our school system has, you're gonna complain about this? Half the darn kids at PCC/Perry County school system are juvenile delinquents who have no respect for teachers or anyone else for that matter. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to teach those kids as horrible as some of them are. And I would bet the ones on here talking trash are the very same ones who have delinquents in the Perry County School system.
you think

Hazard, KY

#17 Apr 11, 2011
hummm wrote:
I agree he is a nice person. But he also lied and thats wrong, especially when it comes to an authority figure who is supposed to be a certified teacher. By hiring him back as an assistant the BOE is saying its ok to lie as long as you're nice. Thats setting a double standard for the school children and YES, its teaching them to lie.
Children are like sponges, they soak up every bit of knowledge they can. It was wrong to hire him then and its wrong to hire him now. If he had the childrens best interest at heart, he'd not of accepted the position as an assistant.
How do you know he lied? Did you see his application? Maybe you don't know nothing and just repeating gossip?
sos

London, KY

#18 Apr 11, 2011
doesnt the boe do any research on possible candidates for any position? did he commit fraud by lying about his credentials, did he break the law? The boe should have terminated him asap and not rewarded him by giving another job to him. Sounds like this con man has some moral and ethical shortcomings as well as the board member who rewarded him with another job. This is so typical of all of shit that Amis and the boe are continously involved in. Wow, what an example they are setting for the kids.
Dunno

London, KY

#19 Apr 11, 2011
Sounds like you have a bone to pick with someone and are hell bent on doing so...
Cassie

London, KY

#20 Apr 12, 2011
Amanda Lou wrote:
This is the first time I've ever heard about this. Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min yeah man 5,497
Black gold hits a new low 6 min Nan 17
HCC Financial Aid 9 min Broke 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
Swap Shop 14 min nope 4
Shame of Hazard 1 hr ezra 55
Perry Co Animal Shelter (( out of money )) 1 hr visitor 9
Black Gold Festival 2014 4 hr yeah 39
Perry Circuit Judge Election 7 hr waiting 62
•••
•••
Hazard Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hazard Jobs