Why doesn't Willard want to join with...

Why doesn't Willard want to join with A.B Combs?

Posted in the Hazard Forum

County tax payer

Houston, AR

#1 Mar 23, 2013
Heard the girl representing Willard was acting crazy again at the last board meeting. Why doesn't Willard want to combine with AB Combs? Do they think they are to good or do they feel inferior to AB? Just wondering what their reasons are. They all have to go to PCC together sooner or later. What's the big deal? Personally I think they should merge and I don't think it should matter what the people from Willard think. Didn't matter what Lost Creek people thought did it.
support

London, KY

#2 Mar 23, 2013
They have a board member on their side...she is in full support of keeping Willard open...personally, I think AB is better off not merging with them. The school at AB is old, but it is not nearly as old as the other two schools. AB has a lot of room to expand and they have a great group of teachers and staff..When East Perry opens, and a few of the AB students have to go there, they will have some room. Let the Big Creek students and teachers/staff come to AB. They would be welcomed there anytime.
Let me guess

Houston, AR

#3 Mar 23, 2013
It don't really matter the board member from Willard area wants. She is clueless. To many elementary schools in this county and to many principals making a lot of money. Need more teachers and less Chiefs. Combine the schools. I'd like to Big Creek go to AB.
Willard Rox

Houston, AR

#4 Mar 23, 2013
We don't want to be part of AB Combs. It's a corrupt scho. To many drugs and alcohol at the school. To many holdbacks there. Place is bad. Willard is a community school and everyone there is like family.
CLueless

London, KY

#5 Mar 23, 2013
Willard Rox wrote:
We don't want to be part of AB Combs. It's a corrupt scho. To many drugs and alcohol at the school. To many holdbacks there. Place is bad. Willard is a community school and everyone there is like family.
Are you completely clueless??? You would not be coming to AB Combs. It would be a new school in a new location, not Combs. BY the way, have you read all the stuff on here about the stuff that goes on in Willard. You all are not problem free over there in that little holler...just thought I would let you in on that. Travel out to Hazard every now and then and see what is going on in the world.
Warhawk

London, KY

#6 Mar 23, 2013
It's not that they don't want to combine with the other two schools, it's that the size of the new school. If you combine the three there would be a lot of kids that would not be able to participate in sports, academics or other activities that they get to now in the smaller schools. Why not combine two schools any two schools. To the person that said they are going to all go to PCC that is not always the case, a lot of Willard's kids are now going to Buckhorn High School. With the new school opening AB is going to be hit hard and I hate it for them, but we are losing teachers at Willard and Big Creek . Someone said on here that we are a community school at Big Creek and Willlard and we are. That is probably one of the worst things about a big school you lose the community ..... And as for drugs those are in every community Combs and Willard both have there share of drug dealers and they have there share of good honesty people. We all love our schools and want the best for our kids and I personally don't think bigger is better but if that is what happens I hope and pray that the adults in that new school don't treat a kid different just because it is from Willard, Big Creek or AB.
Noble

Houston, AR

#7 Mar 23, 2013
I don't think there's a teacher in Perry County that would give a shit where the kid was from. Perry Counth sucks! The entire county does. Who cares.
Who Knows

London, KY

#8 Mar 24, 2013
According to the newspaper, there are only about 50-60 kids who will be moved in the opening of the new school. 30 some from AB and 20 some from DCW. Now this is from the transportation records that the board uses, so this is not even looking at those who do not ride a bus. The true numbers won't come out until school begins. As for AB, last year and the year before that there was right at 600 kids there and that was too many for that building. I think they are 450-500 right now. I don't think they will loose as many as people are saying. When you consider the drive over on 80 and the inconvenience it will be to some people, I think AB will be fine. Personally, I would hate to see AB close. Many kids there in that community come to the playground in the evenings and on weekends. During the summer there kids there a lot too. Several students even walk to school and home in the evening. It is good for that community. Several of the teachers live within a couple of miles of the school as well and are there a lot on off days working in their rooms. I guess we will have to wait and see what the board does now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post removal 5 min Big m trucker 7
Drugs in Perry County 21 min I love trucks 24
Baby hacker 51 min Someone 3
Hazard will rise again! 56 min Think positive 16
Baylis child molester 1 hr lol 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Pat Henry 149,946
what is peanut dykes phone number? 1 hr seen it 7
Ace and Lisa FOUND GUILTY 7 hr Putting 240

Hazard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages