Contract Bids with local Government

Posted in the Hazard Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justice4All

London, KY

#1 Sep 22, 2012
How many think that the Fiscal Court and others should have to explain the bids that have recently been granted? Officials can't just call up and order vehicles there should be bids! These should be available to the citizens! One of the vehicles bought for the Judge and Magistrates would have funded the homeless shelter for the winter with money to spare!
Agree

Mount Vernon, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Agree
go figure

Greenbrier, AR

#3 Sep 23, 2012
you think the city's bad - omg - you should see what PCC's been doing!
Truthnation

London, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2012
Every tax payer in the county should call the attorney general,the Federal Bureau of investigation as well their representatives in the Frankfort and Washington!!

This has gone on long enough!
little squid puddle

Greenbrier, AR

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Justice4All wrote:
How many think that the Fiscal Court and others should have to explain the bids that have recently been granted? Officials can't just call up and order vehicles there should be bids! These should be available to the citizens! One of the vehicles bought for the Judge and Magistrates would have funded the homeless shelter for the winter with money to spare!
i've searched kentucky's statutes, and cannot find the law requiring bids. can you tell me where it's at? and can you clarify your statement regarding what should be made available to citizens? is it the bids, the explaination, or the vehicles. i'm not smart enough to understand your rant i guess...and please! don't try and sway the government to get involved in something like homeless shelters. they steal enough of my money to fund what some lazy bum should be supporting. if they'd punish deadbeat dads enough to take care of their own kids - taxpayers would not have to. government has yet to do anything responsibly. if you can't answer my questions regarding the laws i understand, my ex lied every breath too*
Truthnation

London, KY

#6 Sep 24, 2012
424.260 Bids for materials, supplies, equipment, or services.
(1) Except where a statute specifically fixes a larger sum as the minimum for a requirement of advertisement for bids, no city, county, or district, or board or commission of a city or county, or sheriff or county clerk, may make a contract, lease, or other agreement for materials, supplies except perishable meat, fish, and vegetables, equipment, or for contractual services other than professional, involving an expenditure of more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) without first making newspaper advertisement for bids.
(2) If the fiscal court requires that the sheriff or county clerk advertise for bids on expenditures of less than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000), the fiscal court requirement shall prevail.
(3)(a) Nothing in this statute shall limit or restrict the ability of a local school district to acquire supplies and equipment outside of the bidding procedure if those supplies and equipment meet the specifications of the contracts awarded by the Office of Material and Procurement Services in the Office of the Controller within the Finance and Administration Cabinet or a federal, local, or cooperative agency and are available for purchase elsewhere at a lower price. A board of education may purchase those supplies and equipment without advertising for bids if, prior to making the purchases, the board of education obtains certification from the district's finance or purchasing officer that the items to be purchased meet the standards and specifications fixed by state price contract, federal (GSA) price contract, or the bid of another school district whose bid specifications allow other districts to utilize their bids, and that the sales price is lower than that established by the various price contract agreements or available through the bid of another school district whose bid specifications would allow the district to utilize their bid.
(b) The procedures set forth in paragraph (a) of this subsection shall not be available to the district for any specific item once the bidding procedure has been initiated by an invitation to bid and a publication of specifications for that specific item has been published. In the event that all bids are rejected, the district may again avail itself of the provisions of paragraph (a) of this subsection.
(4) This requirement shall not apply in an emergency if the chief executive officer of the city, county, or district has duly certified that an emergency exists, and has filed a copy of the certificate with the chief financial officer of the city, county, or district, or if the sheriff or the county clerk has certified that an emergency exists, and has filed a copy of the certificate with the clerk of the court where his necessary office expenses are fixed pursuant to KRS 64.345 or 64.530, or if the superintendent of the board of education has duly certified that an emergency exists, and has filed a copy of the certificate with the chief state school officer.
(5) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply for the purchase of wholesale electric power for resale to the ultimate customers of a municipal utility organized under KRS 96.550 to 96.900.
Effective: June 20, 2005
Truthnation

London, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2012
This would be a start to it! We can also look into any bonds concerning funding of police vehicles! Also I think that the taxpayers should have the information that the tax payers are going to have to eat the loses from the sheriffs office(stolen money) because someone neglected his duties and let the time lapse on recovery!
Bought

London, KY

#9 Sep 25, 2012
If these vehicle were bought with federal funding then it is FBI territory! Also if these vehicles can be traced back to anyone that has any profit from the sale of these vehilcles to the Fiscal Court or city they can be other cahrges, Also as with Sherman this can be considered Mail fraud! Call the Louisville office of the FBI. I would say that you can call the county attorney but with the family connection to the bank that profitted from this sale probably won't get anything done locally. Also seeing the wife of the board chairman for the bank signed one of the Magistrates papers to run again nothing local!
Bought

London, KY

#10 Sep 25, 2012
"The Perry County Ambulance Authority opened bids for a new ambulance during the fiscal court meeting, however, Matthew Couch, director of the authority, said that he would like time to review the bids before asking the court to vote."

If this is a non profit that is seperate from the Fiscal Court and county then why are tax payers paying for the ambulnaces, and why is the county judge allowed to sit on the fiscal court and the board of the ambulance service? Seems someone may be profitting from this ??? Why is only one dealership getting all the vehicle contracts? Why do we need new crusiers for the county partrol we have a sheriff, and his depsrtment why is the tax payers paying for two departments?
advice

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Sep 25, 2012
Never try to get anything of this nature taken care of locally, most of Southeastern Kentucky is corrupt. Contact the FBI, the U.S. Attorney and the Attorney General. It would also be a good idea to contact the State Auditor. Things of this nature will never stop until the citizens take a stand against corrupt people and their actions.
simple as that

East Bernstadt, KY

#12 Sep 25, 2012
Truthnation wrote:
no city, county....may make a contract, lease, or other agreement for materials, supplies except for.....equipment
there it is - the truck is allowed. no bids required
Bought

London, KY

#13 Sep 25, 2012
No not simple as that u retard! This is a gross over spending by the court, and considering who all is connected to certain board members it is obvious as to who porfited from the bank to the court!
Whatabout

London, KY

#14 Sep 25, 2012
What happened to his other truck? If the county [aid for it shouldn't it be in the county garage? Shouldn't it be part of the fleet of county vehicles? Isn't there a process that has to be followed when county property of any kind is transferred or sold?
ahhh I see

Clayhole, KY

#15 Sep 25, 2012
simple as that wrote:
<quoted text>
there it is - the truck is allowed. no bids required
So you're saying it's legal to buy an elected official a truck for his personal use.
all eyes

East Bernstadt, KY

#16 Sep 26, 2012
it appears there's no law requiring a bid for it. but there should be a law requiring "bought" to use her retarded brain once in a while
alleyes

London, KY

#17 Sep 26, 2012
I can't read law! The intent or the actual full law as written. I just want to defend this cause I am sucking Denny Rays pecker, and cashing big county checks!!
alleyes

London, KY

#18 Sep 26, 2012
You know if the county doesn't have to do bids on vehicles why is it in the paper this week that they have to take bids for an ambulance? Why is Denny Ray on the Fiscal court and the Ambualnce service buying more vehicles? Why do we need to pay for two county law enforcement departments? Why doesn't he just fund the sheriffs office?
DerBol

London, KY

#19 Sep 26, 2012
Why are so many of Stan Begleys family working for the county when he was the first one that talked on Denny Ray!When they caught the black top ol" Stan laid down at his GF's he ratted so long they didn't think they was gonna shut him up!! If ol' Hansen had done his job Denny Ray would have been indicted!
Children

London, KY

#20 Sep 28, 2012
Maybe a certain blogger should let it out that the judge was the one that put him up to the on-line political attacks that he carried out? Sure the Democrats would love that news!
Just Wondering

London, KY

#21 Oct 2, 2012
I know the blogger, and the stuff is true. They need to look closer at the city Police on whos getting paid what and from what departments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll who is the sexiest man in combs (Apr '10) 11 min Tonya 29
Hazard and Whitesburg population growing 22 min Yes 23
Donald Trump Clearly Won That Debate 34 min Chris 28
illegal Gamerooms 46 min U skanky trash 2
C.J. Tanning Salon, maybe in Vicco? (Oct '14) 49 min wtf 56
Black Gold Festival 2015 (Aug '15) 1 hr Greg 19
Hoochies dancing at black gold on lil boy 1 hr Another girl 41

Hazard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance