Sykes billboard on hwy 15

Sykes billboard on hwy 15

Posted in the Hazard Forum

Blogger

London, KY

#1 Nov 25, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that the sign used to say, "now hiring permanentt full time positions" now says "now hiring full time positions"?

You can even see the big maroon sticker they put over the word permanent... Writing on the wall maybe?
Wow

United States

#2 Nov 25, 2012
Wow...how can there be that much demand?

I mean, to have a billboard to advertise for full time positions (permanent or not).

It seems that they would run out of room to put everyone that responded to the bill board. Either that, or as many regularly quit as get hired.

But that couldn't be the case....I mean, who would just quit a full time job (especially in large enough numbers for turn over to be common)?

Right ?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 25, 2012
Wow wrote:
I mean, to have a billboard to advertise for full time positions (permanent or not).
It seems that they would run out of room to put everyone that responded to the bill board. Either that, or as many regularly quit as get hired.
But that couldn't be the case....I mean, who would just quit a full time job (especially in large enough numbers for turn over to be common)?
Right ?
They quit as fast as they are hired ther that should tell you how people are treated ...
WOW

United States

#4 Nov 25, 2012
BuggsBunny wrote:
<quoted text>
They quit as fast as they are hired ther that should tell you how people are treated ...
Wow..they must be physically whipping people (literally)...I mean for someone to quit a FULL TIME job in this economy (ESPECIALLY in the Hazard area).

Would they let me work 80 hours if I agreed to put up with the whippings and not quit the FULL TIME job?

**secret: don't say anything...but if they will, I'll just wear extra padding under my clothes**
Sykes SUCKS

New Albany, IN

#5 Nov 26, 2012
They care nothing about you!! No matter what you do it is never going to be good enough for them! Its not how hard you work there it who you know!
justme

London, KY

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Isn't that the way it is everywhere in this county? Just out to make a buck, anyway they can.
Jeeze

Hyden, KY

#7 Dec 7, 2012
i love how they had a meeting to explain our pto. they are going to reward the ones that come to work everyday...you'll get one weeks vacation. lol didn't we have two weeks vacation, so we are going to get rewarded by losing a weeks vacation. thats our reward? wow, please stop rewarding us.
Lori

Hazard, KY

#8 Dec 7, 2012
Blogger wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the sign used to say, "now hiring permanentt full time positions" now says "now hiring full time positions"?
You can even see the big maroon sticker they put over the word permanent... Writing on the wall maybe?
They prob had to take the "permanent" off because that would imply you'd always have your job, and since they have to lay off or fire people, they might've been worried someone would use the sign against them if that ever happened.
Leann

Hazard, KY

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Wow wrote:
Right ?
Uh, they don't exactly have to hire everyone that responds to the ad, so I don't think they'd have to worry about where to put them. Damn, you ppl make my brain hurt with the things you come up with.
Jay

Hazard, KY

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Sykes SUCKS wrote:
They care nothing about you!! No matter what you do it is never going to be good enough for them! Its not how hard you work there it who you know!
Welcome to the work place. It's like that in practically every job you get. There are very few that care about the employees. It's all about the bottom line, making money.
work from home

West Liberty, KY

#11 Dec 8, 2012
Has anyone worked from home with sykes? What kind of experience did you have. I am interested in that aspect as I don't want to have to drive to hazard everyday. Not that I am to good too, it just don't make good economic sense to commute from west liberty to hazard.
PILL BILLY

Georgetown, KY

#12 Dec 8, 2012
Im hiring. If anyone is looking for a well paying job and likes to drive to Florida and back, hit me up. Im always looking for mules to transport my shit to and from the sunshine state!
Do Tell

United States

#13 Dec 8, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to the work place. It's like that in practically every job you get. There are very few that care about the employees. It's all about the bottom line, making money.
SO....the purpose of a business is to care about people. Hmmm...silly me. I thought purpose of a business was to make money (so they could stay IN business...since they actually ARE a business and all).

Hey, but maybe I was misinformed.
Taking advantage of

Lady Lake, FL

#14 Dec 8, 2012
Have any of you employees checked to see what foreign countries they are in now? They have a big plant in Costa Rica where they don't have to pay any insurance or social security taxes....I'm wondering why they are still using people in the US...talk about supporting the US economy! come on...CEO getting richer.....Look at their company profile & decide who you want to work for...
Emily

Lexington, KY

#15 Dec 8, 2012
Do Tell wrote:
<quoted text>
SO....the purpose of a business is to care about people. Hmmm...silly me. I thought purpose of a business was to make money (so they could stay IN business...since they actually ARE a business and all).
Hey, but maybe I was misinformed.
No you don't HAVE to care about ppl to own a business, and the main objective in owning a business IS to make money, however, if you treat your employees well, treat them like human beings, then more than likely they're going to be more willing to do a good job so you CAN make your money. If you treat your employees like crap, they'll do everything they can to make your business look bad. I'll give you an example: I bought a boutique from someone, and I knew it wasn't doing great, but I had been told by several ppl that the reason for that was she couldn't keep employees because she treated them horribly. She blamed it on location, economy, whatever. I had actually seen this lady talk down to her employees, they could never get time off for dr visits and the like. Anyway, I bought the store, gave the employees a much deserved raise, I treat them the way I want to be treated, I don't talk to them like they're beneath me and my business is thriving! I bought it some years ago, and since then I've actually expanded and hired extra employees. The point is, ppl are more willing to do a good job if treated well, and are more willing to make YOUR BUSINESS look good.Because, let's face it, the employees make a big difference in how smoothly or badly a place runs. It costs nothing to be good to ppl and treat them with respect and dignity. And judging from your sarcastic, snotty attitude, you could use some help in that area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Baker 11 min coo coo 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min ChromiuMan 149,978
"COAL COUNTRY for TRUMP" T-Shirts 38 min hero 4
32 D's back in town ! Sasha XXX (Sep '09) 2 hr Lost creek hugs n... 215
Drugs in Perry County 6 hr Cindy 28
Kaytlin Stevens 8 hr Lol2 26
Two-Faced Co-Workers 8 hr User Name 43
Ace and Lisa FOUND GUILTY 12 hr Right 241

Hazard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages