recruitment for church

Posted in the Hazard Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why

Hazard, KY

#1 Apr 15, 2012
I was wondering why Summit Church is trying to get the youth from other churches to join their church. It puts the youth in a bad spot. Peer pressure should never come like this. maybe they should be trying to get youth that don't currently go to church anywhere to come to their church instead of taking youth from another church. You know build the body of christ "edify" not tear down or bring division between parents already going to church and the youth. wonder if the church leadership knows about this or is encouraging this?
SEND ME MONEY

Manchester, KY

#2 Apr 16, 2012
Economics maybe? What I cant understand is how people sit back and let preachers get filthy rich for something that should be free anyways.
Really

Viper, KY

#3 Apr 25, 2012
I asked my friend to come to Church with me the other day and she has her own Church already.
Should my friends that go to Church already be off limits in other Churches?
Really

Viper, KY

#4 Apr 25, 2012
I know for a fact that one of the guys that used to play guitar at Summit was a member of another Church the entire time.

He used to have long hair and he was on Frontline Ministries' Drama Team while he was at Summit playing music.

I didn't see anything wrong with that.
I'd say there were a few idiots at both Churches that aggravated him about being a part of another Church but aren't we all on the same side anyway?
Rel 101

Somerset, KY

#5 Apr 25, 2012
It is common place for churches to invite other church's' members to come to their church. Many churches fellowship together. Everyone has the right to choose their own church, no one is going to twist arms to bring them in.
george

London, KY

#6 Apr 25, 2012
Just be glad that a youth in Hazard is attending church, no matter where they are going. 4179
are you cereal

London, KY

#7 Apr 26, 2012
Why wrote:
I was wondering why Summit Church is trying to get the youth from other churches to join their church. It puts the youth in a bad spot. Peer pressure should never come like this.
Consider yourself the village idiot. It's hard to believe someone is this clueless. You must have an underlying motive in your question??? "Peer preusure should never come like this"....are you serious!!??!! Have you figured out that you're not that bright?
Why

Hazard, KY

#8 Apr 26, 2012
To "Are you cereal". I don't think you understood the question. It's not a matter of plain peer pressure but pressure for a teen to go to one church and the parents to go to another church. As parents have a responsibility to know what the teen is being taught. If the parent doesn't go to that church, and the teen is being pulled in another direction without the guidance of the parent then how is the parent to know what is being taught. If they are teaching contrary to God's word (I'm not saying they are) how would they ever know since they go to another church. I'm saying it's wrong to pull teens away from parents and other churches when the non-christian field needs harvested.
Obligationary Expectancy

Somerset, KY

#9 Apr 26, 2012
What peer pressure??? Children are to do what their parents tell or expect them to do. So what if "the teen is being pulled" in another direction? It's not their decision where they go to church, school, or otherwise -apart from the parents permission. When I was a teenager my friends "pulled" me to go places my parents didn't allow. Guess what?!?...I didn't get to go. But you stated the pressure was for - The child to go to one place AND the parent to go to a different place. I guess that is not what you mean?
Why

Hazard, KY

#10 Apr 26, 2012
to Obligationary Expectancy- the peer pressure the teen is facing is from the one aking them to come to their church. When one teen asks another teen, and parents say no, then the teen being told no can develope resentment towards the parents for not letting them go. Which is exactly the point I'm making. When resentment comes that tears down the body of Christ, not building up. The teen will inevitably do what the parent tells them to do but with ramifications. I'm just saying the teen should not be put in that position at all. Just ask "do you go to church?" and if they say yes then invite someone else that don't go to church
Just Because

Somerset, KY

#11 Apr 27, 2012
If a member from any church puts 'sooooooo' much pressure on girl to attend a different church that it causes resentment - then it doesn't sound like the kind of church one should attend in the first place. This doesn't appear to be an issue of "body of Christ" so much as silly teenage drama. Let me ask this to rule one scenario out....are the kids of opposite gender?
some guy

London, KY

#12 Apr 27, 2012
Ah, religious people. You bitch at someone because they don't go to church and when they do you bitch at them for going to the wrong one.

Ronnie

Whitesburg, KY

#13 Apr 27, 2012
some guy wrote:
Ah, religious people. You bitch at someone because they don't go to church and when they do you bitch at them for going to the wrong one.

Yeah talk about bitching when they find out it has been all for nothing in the end !
JOHN HALL

Somerset, KY

#14 Apr 29, 2012
My song the carpenter on you tube under gospel music,,you can hear my father is or was till he passed old regular babtist...I went to hear him preach and pray many times but myself being a musician wanted to spread my musical roots in a more updated music so I went to other churches not always his...It matter not when where or how a person worshipes just that they should..I go to Gospel light babtist church,,,and no they don't let me sing every sunday but I do enjoy Chris Fugates messages...How we meet the creator is all that really matters........
Lost but now I am Found

London, KY

#15 Apr 29, 2012
The devil is amongst us, please ignore him. Satan, get the behind me. Now, I really want to say that I feel someone needs to lighten up & let loose of the noose. A leash is not gonna benefit anyone & this denomination picking is ridiculous. When we leave this earth there will be no "neighborhoods" in Heaven. There will be no difference made in ppl. We will not have baptist in the suburbs, Methodist in the valley, Pentecostal in the ghetto, and Jews in the Mansions. We are all one people worshiping the same body of Christ & if our hearts are pure & belong to Christ then that's all that matters. If you push that child away & they refuse Christ in their heart because of something you do then their blood is on your hands. It can happen, it happened to me. My parents were too over protective & to this day I find it hard to forget denying me the right to worship where I wanted to worship, I felt bullied and lost interest. It hardened my heart & it took some doing to undo it. I spent many year as a very bad sinner & I often wonder what if I had died before I could get myself straight... it's not worth it. I'm not saying a child should have no guidance. Be the adult, attend your church & go with them to the other when you can, to show your interest in their interest.
Paul

Somerset, KY

#16 Apr 30, 2012
JOHN HALL wrote:
It matter not when where or how a person worshipes just that they should..How we meet the creator is all that really matters........
Sadly this is what too many churches incorrectly teach my friend. It does matter how one worships. The Bible says there are those who worship in vain.......We all meet our Creator the same way. It's how we live our life on this side of that meeting that matters.
Paul

Somerset, KY

#17 Apr 30, 2012
Lost but now I am Found wrote:
this denomination picking is ridiculous.
Preach your opinion to Jesus. He Himself denounced the false religions of His day!
some guy

Sheridan, AR

#18 Apr 30, 2012
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach your opinion to Jesus. He Himself denounced the false religions of His day!
derp my holy book says all other holy books ain't right derp
Lost but now I am found

Ford City, PA

#19 Apr 30, 2012
Ok, so you're doing to me what so many people do and that is putting words in my mouth and reading into my post only what you want to believe I wrote. I am more than aware of what the bible speaks of and teaches. I was raised in the baptist and penticostal churches and I attended some of the best christian schools. I know what the bible warns us about but I also know we have lots and lots of people who believe they're the only denomination going to heaven and every other denomination is going to burn in hell. What many people tend to forget that it's not where or by whom the gospel is being taught that can be so bad... it's how the gospel is taught that is what can be so critical. If one has a church in the middle of the Congo and this church teaches and preaches Gods word and abides by Gods wishes and will then who are you to condemn them... just because they attend a different denomination. But if that same church is plainly misleading and teaching Gods word out of context and telling everyone... oh its ok to do this now or its ok to do that now... God has changed to meet the modern mans changing lifestyle then I'm going to avoid them at all cost. I feel the biggest misleading we see these days is the fact ppl think Gods rules change witb popular opinion. Like.... its now ok to be anything other than hetrosexual, simply because mans "in the sinners world" opinion has chaned in the past 20 year. It is utter ridiculous that some people think that this is now ok with God. I can see it now.... God saying... " ok, since the US and many industrializd countries now accept homosexuality You may enter into the kingdom of heaven, despite the fact that I have cast multitudes into hell for this in the past... now that my friend is false prophets teaching the likes of that.
Paul

Somerset, KY

#20 Apr 30, 2012
You fool! your very own words betray you! Nobody is twisting your words, or presenting them out of context. It's all there for the proof. You're just trying to backpedal out of your own mistake!

try backpedaling out of this....
Lost but now I am found wrote:
I am more than aware of what the bible speaks of and teaches. I was raised in the baptist and penticostal churches and I attended some of the best christian schools.
If you're so aware of what the Bible teaches, why would you attend a pentecostal church knowing full well that they are the most renown cult of false teaching?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min spaceship 136,707
Jessica Phillips turner drama queen 6 min Amused 2015 5
Nicole Combs 18 min Trouble makers 5
curious shooting n hazard tonite 30 min Lee 13
Where is good looking Bub Miller these days? 42 min Sam C 46
Cheating dogs at the airport 1 hr Curiously waiting 1
Steven Bub Miller 1 hr Jonesy 31
our county clerk 1 hr Detective out of ... 203
Dr. James A. Chaney update after court 1 hr Lower 2nd 349
Airport shooting 5 hr mee 26
Misty dawn gayheart on springer 10 hr What 73
More from around the web

Hazard People Search