Locust Grove
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Layoff

Brodhead, KY

#1 Dec 28, 2012
How many lost their jobs, sorry to hear that
tim121174

London, KY

#2 Dec 28, 2012
Heard 20 or more were laid off including men who had been with them for 20 yrs! I have to hand it to them for one reason, they did hold out till after christmas but the doors of this company will be closing soon as will many others im afraid!! Good luck to these men.
mother earth

London, KY

#3 Dec 28, 2012
another job well done by the epa and the obama camp one of the best presidents in the history of this wonderful nation!
Wow

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Dec 29, 2012
They aren't shutting down completely. It wasn't 20 & yes some had been there a long time.
Working Man

Brodhead, KY

#5 Dec 29, 2012
When did this happen.
downshut

London, KY

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Shut down the job on big creek told the workers yesterday about the layoff, just trimming the fat to become strictly a highwall miner contractor imo, if they can make it till june that will be a long time.
pakistanee

London, KY

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Wow wrote:
They aren't shutting down completely. It wasn't 20 & yes some had been there a long time.
They are just slowly shutting down completely!! My wifes cousin works there and they laid off about 20, when you layoff 18 men thats about 20!! They assume the foremen and supers are going to be running equipment now because if they are going to strip coal they dont have the men!! The hiwall contract post sounds about right a few dozers benching a drill and a small spread is about all they will need to stay ahead of that miner!!!
Wow

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Dec 29, 2012
pakistanee wrote:
<quoted text>They are just slowly shutting down completely!! My wifes cousin works there and they laid off about 20, when you layoff 18 men thats about 20!! They assume the foremen and supers are going to be running equipment now because if they are going to strip coal they dont have the men!! The hiwall contract post sounds about right a few dozers benching a drill and a small spread is about all they will need to stay ahead of that miner!!!
It was 17 actually. My whole family works there. The Formen won't he doing it they lost their jobs also...
employee

London, KY

#9 Dec 29, 2012
No foreman lost their job you got bad info the mechanic boss lost his job clyde, but the 2 foreman stayed vernon and johnny. Dont know who told you the foreman got cut they didnt.
Wow

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Dec 29, 2012
Clyde is a Forman & what so you call the other two bosses laid off to?
Well

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Dec 29, 2012
employee wrote:
No foreman lost their job you got bad info the mechanic boss lost his job clyde, but the 2 foreman stayed vernon and johnny. Dont know who told you the foreman got cut they didnt.
So your employed there? Whats your job title?
Working Man

Brodhead, KY

#12 Dec 29, 2012
I work on this job and yes vernon and johnny should have got it to.
Well

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Working Man wrote:
I work on this job and yes vernon and johnny should have got it to.
Your still employed...you didn't get laid off? There were two other men and veron and Johnny aren't if.
Working Man

Brodhead, KY

#14 Dec 30, 2012
Jim noble needs to go that is a wast of money,also earl dean is another.
Well

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Dec 30, 2012
Working Man wrote:
Jim noble needs to go that is a wast of money,also earl dean is another.
What do you do on that job?
Working Man

Brodhead, KY

#16 Dec 30, 2012
Tell the all the names that got layed off.
Sorry

Ivel, KY

#17 Dec 30, 2012
Did any if the mechanics/ welders or people in the shop get laid off.
Well

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Dec 30, 2012
I'm not putting their names on here. That's disrespectful. A welder, parts driver, the one you mentioned, one that runs a dozer were let go & many more. If you work there whats your job title?
Working Man

Brodhead, KY

#20 Dec 30, 2012
I load coal what does it matter what i do.
Doesnt matter

Campbellsville, KY

#21 Dec 30, 2012
It doesn't matter who got laid off...me close their jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True love never dies 1 hr Misty 36
Bevin Implies Teacher Protests Caused Child Ass... 2 hr Democrat shenanig... 25
3 questions for teachers 2 hr Democrat shenanig... 30
Social workers 3 hr Katie 10
Crack heads 3 hr hillbilly 15
EKU Troubles 4 hr Frances 14
Impeach Matt Bevin 4 hr Stevie 38

Hazard Jobs

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages