Blue Diamond Coal Layoffs

Posted in the Hazard Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Rough Rider

Somerset, KY

#3 Mar 28, 2012
I am a foreman at Blue Diamond yes a big lay off is coming soon.
really

Kittanning, PA

#4 Mar 28, 2012
What mine are u a Forman at?
Coal

Ford City, PA

#5 Mar 31, 2012
Is it true about the money thing? Which mine is shutting down?
Foreman

Somerset, KY

#6 Apr 1, 2012
I am a foreman at one of the mines and i know that times are bad but I havent heard Chris or Hershel say anything about a layoff..

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8 Apr 2, 2012
Rough Rider wrote:
I am a foreman at Blue Diamond yes a big lay off is coming soon.
You're full of it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 3, 2012
I would love to work in the mines if I could wear clown makeup and my high heels.
haha

United States

#11 Apr 3, 2012
My finance works at blue diamond and yes they have cut their hours down some they haven't said anything about laying anyone off!!
haha

United States

#12 Apr 3, 2012
Fiance******
lmao

Manchester, KY

#13 Apr 3, 2012
Which mine does your fiance work at?
Sadly

London, KY

#14 Apr 3, 2012
Spoke to Hershel yesturday an he said 4 mines are going to be shutting down the leatherwood complex.
well

Manchester, KY

#15 Apr 4, 2012
Must not be shutting down all of them! There working over time to fix a few things every night!
beltman

Monticello, KY

#16 Apr 4, 2012
all i know..... chewin skoal.... i mean minin coal
spitty

Monticello, KY

#17 Apr 4, 2012
git ye a jewb fer cowbaly or safarrreee theulll haarreee yeeeeeee

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18 Apr 4, 2012
Yep, I would like to mine coal and signing "Working in a Coal Mine" by Devo. Would they let me work in hot pants?
Low Coal Charlie

Sheridan, AR

#19 Apr 4, 2012
Big Blue I worked there a long time sure hate to see it go.Maybe things will get turned back around after November.I would like see all the miners quit and let the lights go out myself
haha

Hazard, KY

#21 Apr 4, 2012
lmao wrote:
Which mine does your fiance work at?
81 in Leslie county..
concerned

Virgie, KY

#22 Apr 4, 2012
does anyone know if they have sub contracters working for them the reason y the have a few in there thatb doesnt care for the safety of others thats the ones that should go first instead of the men who work there balls off to raise the familys i pray for each and everyone of u and may god bless u all and watch over u while u r underground to try and raise your children and familys we love u all !!!!!!!!!!
haha

Hazard, KY

#23 Apr 4, 2012
concerned wrote:
does anyone know if they have sub contracters working for them the reason y the have a few in there thatb doesnt care for the safety of others thats the ones that should go first instead of the men who work there balls off to raise the familys i pray for each and everyone of u and may god bless u all and watch over u while u r underground to try and raise your children and familys we love u all !!!!!!!!!!
They do gave contractors that are working al of the workers get highered on as contractors before they get on with the company..if anyone gets layer off it will be them because they haven't been there long.
Black Lung

Hazard, KY

#24 Apr 5, 2012
A lay off is a good way to weed out all the dead beats.
really...

Manchester, KY

#25 Apr 5, 2012
Yeah & a lay off hurts families

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southwood girl 1 hr See 56
Big red Robert koolaid stamper 1 hr Little eyes 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Family Man 142,447
Needing to Know 1 hr HMS 2
wymt 1 hr smh 2
Missing : Natasha Fugate Jones 1 hr RedFeatherFan 153
drop a word.......add a word (Apr '10) 2 hr SWAMP WITCH 3,112
Michell Collins fired for stealing from Hazard 4 hr Mayor 8
scott alexander in trouble ? 9 hr Prophet 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages