Teco lay off today
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
So sorry

Lexington, KY

#1 Nov 8, 2012
Saw it on WYMtT ...."..
Hopeful

Macon, GA

#2 Nov 8, 2012
This is terrible news. I really hope it gets better. I'm expecting our first child and I'm terrified my husband is going to lose his job and I'm not sure what we'll do if that happens...
yes

Pippa Passes, KY

#3 Nov 8, 2012
Thank you mr president. Are you happy he was reelected now
Obama supporter

Sheridan, AR

#4 Nov 8, 2012
I am very happy he was reelected, I am so sick of hearing about COAL,,it's as if thats all Kentuckians rely on. Go to school, go to college, get a degree, I mean my God people....it all boils down to money plain and simple. I live in Kentucky however I DO NOT SUPPORT COAL....PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 8, 2012
see yu in da foodstamp line b!tches
lurch out loud

Somerset, KY

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Obama supporter wrote:
I am very happy he was reelected, I am so sick of hearing about COAL,,it's as if thats all Kentuckians rely on. Go to school, go to college, get a degree, I mean my God people....it all boils down to money plain and simple. I live in Kentucky however I DO NOT SUPPORT COAL....PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!
U obviously don't live in a town that makes it way on it either, if u do, then not for long..like the other guy said, its the cheapest, i love working in it...but we'll start fracking the fuc* outta your groundwater as soon as coal is done away with, like u said, money, i'll do whatever pays, energy gotta come from somewhere...as far as elections go, they are all puppets set out to destroy us, but i know an imposter when i see one, so no, i didn't vote for him, just based on that.
yes

Pippa Passes, KY

#7 Nov 8, 2012
Obama supporter wrote:
I am very happy he was reelected, I am so sick of hearing about COAL,,it's as if thats all Kentuckians rely on. Go to school, go to college, get a degree, I mean my God people....it all boils down to money plain and simple. I live in Kentucky however I DO NOT SUPPORT COAL....PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!
You obviously do not understand how much this region relies on this industry. You don't understand that without it there is nothing here. No matter how educated we are. Without the money from coal all other business leaves this area. How can you not care about so many families.
nutforobsms

Pippa Passes, KY

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Obama supporter wrote:
I am very happy he was reelected, I am so sick of hearing about COAL,,it's as if thats all Kentuckians rely on. Go to school, go to college, get a degree, I mean my God people....it all boils down to money plain and simple. I live in Kentucky however I DO NOT SUPPORT COAL....PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!
Obama supports coal he buys from China but not US. I don't understand anyone supporting him.
dazed

Manchester, KY

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Obama supporter wrote:
I am very happy he was reelected, I am so sick of hearing about COAL,,it's as if thats all Kentuckians rely on. Go to school, go to college, get a degree, I mean my God people....it all boils down to money plain and simple. I live in Kentucky however I DO NOT SUPPORT COAL....PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!
First of all, people with degrees can't find jobs. They are working in the mines or Wall-Mart and some of them have Masters degrees. NO JOBS HERE! It is also called the domino effect. No Coal jobs...Then people move...Then other businesses fold...They leave....and so on and so fourth....
jojo

London, KY

#10 Nov 8, 2012
I hope like hell people that dont support coal freeze to dath thi winter.

Since: Nov 12

Hyden, KY

#11 Nov 8, 2012
I hope coal stays around forever!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 8, 2012
You say you don't support coal. I am thinking about all the businesses in this community that make a living because people have money to spend that they have earned because of coal. We are all going to be in trouble now. I hope you own your own land and can hold onto it. Four MORE years of hell to pay.
Clarification

Jeffersonville, IN

#13 Nov 8, 2012
The main reason for the decrease need for coal is the increase assumption of gas. A couple years back a new method wad discovered yo drill for gas and the method is much cheaper yo perform which greatly lowered gas prices. Companies switched from coal to gas because it is know cheaper. This accounts the majority of decease need got coal.
A warm winter and Obama's safety restrictions account for the other.
I pray for Coal country. They need to bring in other jobs hoe these men to work at. Coal can't last forever, they need really need manufacturing jobs.
Comment

Corbin, KY

#14 Nov 8, 2012
Were pink slips already handed out?
lol

Sheridan, AR

#15 Nov 8, 2012
I live in a small in Eastern Ky and I as well am sick of hearing about coal. My husband has a degree and doesn't have trouble finding a job. People r too dependent on coal these days....I am also sick of hearing miners wives talk and show pics of all these nice things they have and rubbing it in but u better believe when their hubby's lose their job.... They want u to feel sorry for them. It's like they think their men work harder than anybody else's. My hubby saves lives everyday but I don't sit and brag about it.
Derp

Hazard, KY

#16 Nov 8, 2012
Obama isn't causing the coal mines to lay people off. Why don't you people search about it and try to learn the real reason.* but yeah, a flip-flopping idiot who tried to have a coal plant shut down himself (watch the video!) would have been so much better for you all. You would have lost your jobs AND had no government help while searching for a new one.
Teco Wifey

Greenbrier, AR

#17 Nov 8, 2012
I don't want to see anyone lose their job whether they are working at mc donald's or in the coal business. That's called COMPASSION. You ppl that say you don't support coal do not support your community, friends, and family that live here in Eastern Kentucky. My husband does not work any harder than any other working husband or father. He or myself have never thought he deserved more recognition for working. We only want to provide for our children and coal happened to be the job he got first. He's put in 10 long years and I'm just as proud of him as I would be if he were digging ditches because he loves his family enough to provide for us. If he lost his job tonight, yes times would be hard, but there's not a doubt in my mind that he'd find a way to get us the necessities we need. Thankfully, we never lived beyond our means and we won't be near as bad off as some of his coworkers will be. My GOD bless us and our TECO family.
WHAT

West Liberty, KY

#18 Nov 8, 2012
lol wrote:
I live in a small in Eastern Ky and I as well am sick of hearing about coal. My husband has a degree and doesn't have trouble finding a job. People r too dependent on coal these days....I am also sick of hearing miners wives talk and show pics of all these nice things they have and rubbing it in but u better believe when their hubby's lose their job.... They want u to feel sorry for them. It's like they think their men work harder than anybody else's. My hubby saves lives everyday but I don't sit and brag about it.
He is one of the few that have a degree that has a decent job. There are a lot of us that don't and have been looking. We are told that we are over qualified for a job or the job isn't full time and doesn't have benefits. I am not against working several jobs because at one time I held one full time job with benefits, one temp job and one part time job.
I am going to ask you this though, what does the company your husband works for make? Think about if they didn't have coal for energy would they still be in business? Would you be able to afford to be a stay at home mother or would you have to go to work to pay the bills? Do you even think you could find a job that would make it worth your time to go to work?
Natural gas in the only alternative that I know of that is cheaper than coal. ALl the other sources are to expensive. We don't have enough wind to generate a windmill type energy. SOlar panels don't see a return for about five years and by that time you have to replace them. Geothermal energy doesn't see a return for at least ten to twelve years. So what is left?
Mister Hall

London, KY

#19 Nov 8, 2012
Who cares ??? Coal is NASTY !!! It is bad for the environment !!! BYE COAL !!!
Teco Wifey

Greenbrier, AR

#20 Nov 8, 2012
lol wrote:
I live in a small in Eastern Ky and I as well am sick of hearing about coal. My husband has a degree and doesn't have trouble finding a job. People r too dependent on coal these days....I am also sick of hearing miners wives talk and show pics of all these nice things they have and rubbing it in but u better believe when their hubby's lose their job.... They want u to feel sorry for them. It's like they think their men work harder than anybody else's. My hubby saves lives everyday but I don't sit and brag about it.
Being in the medical field is a job to be proud of. However, if there are no jobs, there won't be any medical insurance to pay for the services your husband provides. I hope that you never have the burden of worrying how you are going to provide for your children. It's a terrifying thought. When coal leaves, it will effect EVERY occupation in this town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
o Boone 23 min She on fleek 5
Who is dat guy???? 51 min Hey 9
EKY idiots duped by mcconnell again 1 hr Good riddance 81
Toney Adams and Sonny Caudill caught again 1 hr BBJs 11
Tin Shorts & Love for Trump. 1 hr GetChecked 2
Trump party in clerks office 2 hr Rektumm 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr CriminalForever 158,137
Madeline Lewis aka Red Feather Fan 2 hr Not buying it 76

Hazard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages