Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
102,721 - 102,740 of 130,307 Comments Last updated 36 min ago
ddt

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

unspoken heart wrote:
I do agree some however , sometimes our hearts lead us to places we should not let it go..
I agree

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike is suggesting they should.
<quoted text>What is "teaching" homosexuality and who says they do?

Nope, that is just you twisting my words as usual. I spoke of teaching not to bully homosexuals. You really seem to blend your propaganda with what we say. The delusion is large in this one.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
I can make the connection....
That you would not understand is quite obvious by your having to ask the question......
If you can make the connection, why can you not explain it? I cannot read your mind, and you cannot articulate what you think.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
One can entertain a thought without accepting it.
When one is consumed by that thought which one claims not to accept,,,, is where your heartaches begin and a rational explanation for such behaviour should be addressed....
Is it that your spirit can not accept that your mind and heart have deceived you?
Could it be that he who judges the heart and mind is dealing with you according to your ways?
Why do you keep posting about our atheism? You must actually be an atheist deep in your heart.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there in lies the rub... And the down fall of a society is the end result of your view.. We have seen pockets within the country where such views have led to their own demise and the falling of entire civilizations in the past due to such views becoming wide spread...
And of course you don't give a damn what I and others think about such things as long as you understand I and others don't give a crap about what you think about such things and will continue to push back against the destruction of the nation...
You have yet to even be specific about what my view is that is so detrimental to society? Still being vague.
I do not care about your feelings when they are being as bigoted as they are. I care about what others think, just not bigots.

You have yet to show evidence for any of your claims. But they are so darn vague, I could hardly even call them claims.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No i.
Strange how you avoided responding to any of my posts from yesterday. Funny how you claim to try to answer all questions asked.
The delusion is large.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

unspoken heart wrote:
I do agree with some of what was said. Although the heart don't lie , it does however cause much harm at times , if it is followed.
Considering "the heart" means "what I want to do, regardless of the consequences," why would you "listen" to it?

Use your mind to make decisions and "listen" to it.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you can make the connection, why can you not explain it? I cannot read your mind, and you cannot articulate what you think.
Logic is a foreign language to mantle.
He apparently can't (or won't) see the paradox in your question and address it.
So he picks a babble quote about a rock and thinks it applies.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Heads up, mantle and I will attempt to explain Mike's question to you.

I'm going to spell it out for you very simply.

IF Yahweh is all powerful, can he create a rock he can't pick up?

"Of course he is all powerful," you say, "so yes, he can."

BUT if he is all powerful and CAN NOT pick up something, then he is NOT all powerful.

By the same token, if he CAN'T create a rock he can't pick up, then he is NOT all powerful.

This is called a paradox.
Since neither answer can be true, we must look to the question to find out why.

The question shows us that Yahweh IS NOT all powerful, no matter what you think the correct answer is.
If he is not all powerful, then the bible is incorrect.

This demonstrates that the bible was just written by superstitious goatherders.
"God" disappears in a puff of logic.

Logical thinking. Awesome, it's it?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
The threats to humanity were posed by the Atheist regimes of Joe Stalin, Benito Mussolini,Mao Ze Dung ,Pol Pot and other Atheists.
These are responslble for the deatha of hundreds of millions of innocent civilians.
History will confirm that it was the Chrisdtian Western World that prevented our planet from being overrun by the heathen hordes...
Whatever all of you might claim as to your excuses for being here,you are wasting your time.
No one knows who you are,what your plan of action is,where you may be reached, what you might hope to accomplish and how that might be achieved.
Your audience is composed of under 10 Christians who will totally disregard the foolishness you are so fond of spouting
So,,,,,,What have you accomplished these many years of spreading foolish ideas to an audience that places your credibility between --0 and O.
It is not our responsibility to provide you with evidence.
If you want evidence,it is your responsibility to search for it.
Good to see you became a registered user "curious" most religies like to stay unregistered so they can denie what they post. If I may ask, what evidence? When something does not exist(god) hard to find evidence. Don't you agree?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering "the heart" means "what I want to do, regardless of the consequences," why would you "listen" to it?
Use your mind to make decisions and "listen" to it.
My heart speaks to me. Usually right after I eat a half pound of bacon.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you can make the connection, why can you not explain it? I cannot read your mind, and you cannot articulate what you think.
I can make the connection.

Based on your recent comments about blind faith and magic made it abundantly clear that the topic of faith is beyond your comprehension..

There are 2 ways of interpreting your comments;
Either you do not understand the basis for our Christian faith or
You mock those who truly believe.

I suspect that you mock that which you do not understand....

In which case,making the connection for you,would serve no useful purpose.

Do not give that which is holy to dogs and cast not your pearls before swine.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your recent comments about blind faith and magic made it abundantly clear that the topic of faith is beyond your comprehension..
or you could go with the interpretation that believers are delusional and/or brain damaged.

Based on the evidence, I have to go with the latter but I kinda like #2 as well. I understand the basis of Christian faith and I mock those who "truly believe."

My dog is more holy than your mental infirmity and your pearls aren't fit for swine.
mock mock mock
Jennifer Workman Bussell

Germantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Our country was founded on religious beliefs....Returning God and the pledge of allegiance to the schools could only be a win/win situation. I respect those who do not want to participate but it gives a better foundation for children that are being raised with rage, drugs and in an environment of no hope.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, curious. You decided to give up a little bit of your anonymity and finally use a registered account eh? Well, good for you. Why choose "mantle" as your moniker? Do you have a penchant for 19th century women's capes? Or maybe you're just fascinated with the Earth's crust and what lies beneath?
In any event, I know it's you because you're the only person I've ever knowingly encountered who thinks the terms "comprehension" and "endorsement" are synonymous. It's a dead giveaway. Well, that and your love of that "pearls before swine" quotation.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Jennifer Workman Bussell wrote:
Our country was founded on religious beliefs....Returning God and the pledge of allegiance to the schools could only be a win/win situation. I respect those who do not want to participate but it gives a better foundation for children that are being raised with rage, drugs and in an environment of no hope.
Another "Uhmerica is uh christion country" post. Good grief, Palin's only been back on for a couple days and already the national IQ average has dropped 2.3 points.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Jennifer Workman Bussell wrote:
Funny thing you seem to miss, fewer kids participate in such things today than ever, yet, violence is down in the US, most crimes are down in the US, even drug usage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>One of the most successful species on earth, has large groups of individuals who never procreate, ants. Ants are the most abundant species on the planet.
Marriage is not just about procreation. Relationships are not just about procreation.
Their are seven billion humans on the planet. Having a few gay persons around is not going to keep the population from dwindling.
If a gay person helps a relative raise a his child, he has been a part of the system that reproduces his genes. You see, our relatives are part of our genetic makeup, thus helping them to survive and reproduce is part of the system. This is why ants have large groups of worker ants that never procreate.
If Bud Bundy helped to raise a child Kelly Bundy produced, he would be propagating many of his own genes by way of helping them to survive. Reproduction needs survival of the offspring for the gene pool to continue. You forget that critical part, survival.
Evolution has two major parts, procreation and survival. Leave half of the equation out and you just make no logical sense. Homosexuals can be integral in that half of the equation.
I have pointed this out before, but as usual, you ignore the facts and points that prove your claims as invalid.
Try actually addressing the points as if you have something solid to stand on. As of yet, you run from them on a regular basis as if your beliefs are weak and have no support.
I see your point on ants, but I don't see the relevance to humans. Do ants have the same sex drive? Do the workers engage in homosexuality? If so, is it because females aren't available?
Are you suggesting the role of human homosexuals is to help raise offspring of heterosexuals for the survival of our species?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to demonstrate what the slippery slope of piercings were.
Piercings on an excessive level in our society have always been problematic for many careers. So I see no slip or slope.

Even if some things do have a slippery slope, which I can agree that it happens, you cannot claim gay marriage will certainly cause one. Now you can worry about it all you wish, but you have yet to demonstrate with logic and reason how gay marriage is comparable to bestiality.

Not all changes cause a negative slippery slope.
Perceived possible slippery slopes are not a good reason to keep rights or privileges unequal.

I have no doubt that those who made up the idea of keeping women out of the priesthood were worried about the slippery slope of women in power this might lead towards.
I thought you would have seen the changes in piercings for yourself so I didn't go into detail.
I watched it go from females with ears pierced to multiple piercings per ear to boys with earrings, then quickly to noses, tongues, cheeks, genitalia, to horns imbedded in foreheads, and eyebrow rings, belly button, lip, to literally all over. And also beauty mark piercings. Maybe you're right, it wasn't a slope, but more of a cliff.
Maybe you think this bettered society somehow?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting the role of human homosexuals is to help raise offspring of heterosexuals for the survival of our species?
Evidence suggests this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Reality 150,191
Daniel Neace and Lea burns goin out ? 26 min Neaces suxk 5
Paul Maggard 46 min Lou 27
Drop a word and add a word (Dec '12) 1 hr Bunny Rabbitt 912
Lea burns & Daniel neace ? 1 hr Ex girlfriend 1
scott alexander 1 hr Ira Hayes 10
Jarriette Hill 1 hr Mrclean 21
Blue Diamond 1 hr shoopy 53
Grimes or McConnell 2 hr Laughable 147
bobby muncy (Aug '12) 8 hr Truth 54

Search the Hazard Forum:
•••
•••