Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,730)

Showing posts 94,581 - 94,600 of127,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why rich? Do you not know that the rich cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven?
Matt. 19:21-24
21 Jesus answered,“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples,“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
Our life of poverty is as necessary as the work itself. Only in heaven will we see how much we owe to the poor for helping us to love God better because of them.*Mother Teresa
Matt. 5:3 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
yes I was only using that as a saying, I wish health to everyone if I could.. I do not long to be rich, I already am with my life and my family.. Please don't judge me , so quickly.. Great day
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I don't care which came first chicken or the egg,,, love them both ..:) we tend to take things out of content at times.. Great day y'all smart ones.. Enjoy reading you all, when I am not being condemned , for the fact I do believe or the fact that I'm not living perfect. We each cook our own eggs, and for now ill take mine easy., day
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
To quote curious "My faith is not based on factless theory, as I have posted previously,it is your opinion that is based on factless theory."
No your faith is based on factless faith duh tinkerbell will come back if you believe, just clap your hands and and duh I believe I believe
Take your medication
Evolutionists believe that non intelligent matter(dirt)spontaneously trasformed itself into intelligent matter.You need to find out how that process works.
Seems you are still at the nonintelligent stage
dumber than dirt
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
To quote curious "My faith is not based on factless theory, as I have posted previously,it is your opinion that is based on factless theory."
No your faith is based on factless faith duh tinkerbell will come back if you believe, just clap your hands and and duh I believe I believe
Take your medication
Evolutionists believe that non intelligent matter(dirt)spontaneously trasformed itself into intelligent matter.You need to find out how that process works.
dumber than dirt and no medication to cure it

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
dumber than dirt
And what does that have to do with you having facts to back up your faith?
How is your faith anything more than a illusion?
As far as evolution goes, it has been explained to you many times and is not my fault that you can not understand simple concepts

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, are you angry that we will not let you force your cult on to little children?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like total speculation to me
What about the scripture that says: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Does that mean Jesus is equal to almighty God or was the writer trying to say he was God himself?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Is your faith strong enough curious?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call factless theory,is based on your opinion,based on the fact that you don't believe in God.
My faith is not based on factless theory, as I have posted previously,it is your opinion that is based on factless theory.
Since YOU have not tested GOD"S word,because to you,it's nonsense,then your opinion is null and void,...factless
Those of us who have tested God according to his Statement
" IF you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me" have found his word to be accurate and true.So we base our faith and belief on those facts,not on someones opinion on a subject that they are unable to understand.
What "facts"? The fact that you believe in your god is not evidence he exists. What evidence do you have that supports creation?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
dumber than dirt
Like a broken record you are.

The theory of evolution does not describe the origin of life. They are two separate topics.

That aside, your "theory" does no better a job of explaining it(how life originated).
For you it's a case of " I don't know how this happened, so god must have done it". And that is intellectually lazy, in my opinion.

You seem intent on trying to rationalize an irrational view.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:
Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....5
What all can we learn from this ancient (and rather unsympathetic) reference to Jesus and the early Christians? Notice, first, that Tacitus reports Christians derived their name from a historical person called Christus (from the Latin), or Christ. He is said to have "suffered the extreme penalty," obviously alluding to the Roman method of execution known as crucifixion. This is said to have occurred during the reign of Tiberius and by the sentence of Pontius Pilatus. This confirms much of what the Gospels tell us about the death of Jesus.
Cornelius Tacitus(AD55-120) Roman historian: Most acclaimed works are the Annals and theHistories. The Annals cover the period from Augustus Caesar's death in AD14 to the death of the Emperor Nero in AD68, while the Historiesbegin after Nero's death and proceed to the reign of Domitian in AD96. In the Annals, Tacitus alludes to the death of Christ and to the existence of Christians at Rome. See Annals XV,44: But not all the relief that could come from man, not all the bounties that the prince could bestow nor all the atonements which could be presented to the gods, availed to relieve Nero from the infamy of being believed to have ordered the conflagration, the fire of Rome. Hence to suppress the rumor, he falsely charged with the guilt, and punished with most exquisite tortures, the persons commonly called Christians, who were hated for their enormities. Christus, the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius: but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, but through the city of Rome also." (The misspelling of Christ as "Christus" was a common error made by pagan writers). It is interesting that Pilate is not mentioned in any other pagan document which has survived. It is an irony of history that the only surviving reference to him in a pagan document mentions him because of the sentence of death he passed on Jesus the Messiah.
A.D. 64....A.D. 55-120.... As I said...

Not one mention, not one scribble on a wall of a person that we are told walked on water, healed the blind, turned water to wine, fed the masses with 2 fish and a loaf of bread, rose from the grave and did all kinds of miraculous stuff... After 2000 years of people searching ever wall, every pit, every tunnel we can find from the followers then, the Templers, through the holding of the Holy Lands through 12 Crusades...... And yet we find writings of how the wheat crops did, where to get laid, who is the best Gladiators were, census reports and all manner of trivial mention... 20 to 40 years after the time at hand we are told of such feats.... but Believers B'Leve...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evolutionists believe that non intelligent matter(dirt)spontaneously trasformed itself into intelligent matter."

No they don't... It's been explained to you several times... All anyone can do is explain it to you, No One can understand it for
you....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain how a fish laid an egg that produced a chicken? Was there an amphibious chicken in the interim?
Obviously there were many intermediates. Just look at the fossil record for evidence of them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..hmm.... I was looking at a chicken one day-and the next day I was looking at the chicken AND an egg.
(You don't know either!)
So you only know what you can see?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
No excuses (and THAT is an excuse)
I've never seen a critter read a book.
Worm.
What critter needs to read a book to survive and reproduce?
I really cannot see my response as an excuse.
I showed your claim as false, so no excuse needed. Evolution does not claim humans are better than other animals, religion does. So what is religions excuse for claiming man is superior to other animals? What is your criteria for superior, reading? If so, why did Jesus not write any words for us to read?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No he is Not a Republican ... He maintains no party affiliations.. and has views based on years of study and logical, rational positions on a host of subjects... He is always willing to have his views changed if presented evidence of sufficient nature and argument of sufficient rational to refute his positions...
Maybe if he is capable of making rational, logical argument on positions in agreement he may be correct on the issues in disagreement...
He has made it Clear he has No Preconceived Beliefs, he has stated ad nauseium he Never Believes.... He basis his views and positions on Evidence and Historical example.... Hence Faith, Belief are never a consideration in his positions....
Glen Beck also claims not to be a republican. I do not believe him either.

Penn Jillette had to school Beck on how a libertarian keeps religion seperate from government.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Some farmers would like to marry the farm animals and get all the tax exemptions they needed. Maybe a rabbit farmer?
Well they can wish in one hand..........
Only humans can be claimed as dependents. Now start treating homosexuals as humans or stop calling yourself Christian.
Farmers get plenty of tax breaks already.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Herod look like?
Is anyone worshiping Herod?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Ceasar look like?
Does anyone worship Ceasar? Well they once did, but of course he was no god either.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I "againit" and it has nothing to do with men having sex or any religious positions... I'm against it because what Ever argument you make for it is the same argument that can be made for 2 men and a woman, 3 women and a man or 10 men and 10 women getting married... Such a move on a Federal Level to redefine the term Marriage allows for the next bump in culture that leads to 4 men and a Goat once goats are given equal status by the PETA folks.... I have not a homophobic thought in my head, have gay friends and could give a crap about who does who in their private lives.... I would have Just as much of a issue with a Heterosexual Pride Parade as a Gay Pride Parade as I not only don't give a crap who does who I think it should not be made a public display...
But Marriage has been defined as One Man and One Woman and to redefine it allows for a toe in the door for three women and a horse....
So you do not care what homosexuals do in their private life, yet seemed to very concerned what they do in public life.
Animals do not have constitutional rights, so that slippery slope argument is insane and has no foundation.
Now the multiple partner thing may be valid, but just what is the problem with the multiple partner marriage?
BtW, just because you feel, for some undisclosed reason, homosexuals should not make a public display, should we respect your wishes that infringe upon others freedom to pursue happiness?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,581 - 94,600 of127,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

160 Users are viewing the Hazard Forum right now

Search the Hazard Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min HarHarHar 144,808
justice for larry trent 25 min larry trent rottin C0RPSE 10
Drop a word and add a word (Dec '12) 42 min _Zoey_ 847
Lisa Potter, lesbian??? 45 min Ron Jeremy 12
Worms everywhere (May '12) 51 min Mike 80
joey hacker (Mar '11) 54 min Seriously 40
4 tickets to Kings Island for sale 1 hr ill take em 9
To the Arab in the red Mercedes 12 hr stupid 25
•••
•••
•••
Hazard Dating

more search filters