Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
76,721 - 76,740 of 128,950 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80086
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I'm not up on my Egyptology. The idea of tunnels under the Giza Plateau is interesting but my Google searches don't turn up much. Can you point me to the good stuff?
I believe it's more like a natural cave system.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80087
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it's more like a natural cave system.
I am sure man has added tunnels and rooms to the caves.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80088
Jun 12, 2012
 
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it's more like a natural cave system.
It raises my skeptical hairs because I keep seeing links to New Age sites and people such as Stephen Mehler. Links to star charts and space fish people and stuff like that.

I was hoping for some real, genuine tunnels with cool glyphs and stuff. But caves are cool too.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80089
Jun 12, 2012
 
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I'm not up on my Egyptology. The idea of tunnels under the Giza Plateau is interesting but my Google searches don't turn up much. Can you point me to the good stuff?
This little video is pretty good... But as always ignore individual supposition and imaginings and view it for the actual facts of the matter.. The entry was actually noted but ignored and since the whole idea of underground tunnels has been derided by Egyptologist for decades and called kooks and goof balls... And the entrance was found by over laying a
star map of Cygnus and all the stars had a corresponding place on the Plateau except 1 ... So they look there and found a filled in door way ... Since this entrance was finally admitted to by the Head of Egyptology it has been closed and sealed with a steel gate an no one is allowed to explore or investigate it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://youtu.be/Ec8K366fu1E

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80090
Jun 12, 2012
 
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
It raises my skeptical hairs because I keep seeing links to New Age sites and people such as Stephen Mehler. Links to star charts and space fish people and stuff like that.
I was hoping for some real, genuine tunnels with cool glyphs and stuff. But caves are cool too.
It may very well be a natural cave system... But the point was that when told of such it was ignored and required a major effort to get the Scientist to even look...

But look at the what we were speaking of... So many start just like Religion with the mindset... Some Crack Pot site has something, some person makes a claim and shows their evidence... I this thread I such evidence fluffed off because of a set of Beliefs in the existing narrative... After the finding of Gobekli Tepe I tend to the view that the existing narrative is irreparably flawed ....

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80091
Jun 12, 2012
 
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It may very well be a natural cave system... But the point was that when told of such it was ignored and required a major effort to get the Scientist to even look...
But look at the what we were speaking of... So many start just like Religion with the mindset... Some Crack Pot site has something, some person makes a claim and shows their evidence... I this thread I such evidence fluffed off because of a set of Beliefs in the existing narrative... After the finding of Gobekli Tepe I tend to the view that the existing narrative is irreparably flawed ....
I can't really comment on the specifics because my Egyptology is limited.

I agree though that it is always hard to change the existing narrative of any particular science. But in actual science this process is more natural, I think, because the underlying premise of ALL science is informed by peer review. Over time, the ideas that have the most evidence behind them rise to the top and the others get pushed off. In some cases this might seem like a bad thing if you are really invested in an idea that is losing ground. I imagine the folks who followed Lemarck's ideas about biological change over time were not pleased as Darwin's theory overshadowed and ultimately destroyed it.

In the Egypt case, it seems like perhaps there is a very powerful academic who sort of controls the "story" of the pyramids? If so, and if this person is ignoring solid evidence, then over time his ideas will be undermined and the evidence itself will push the new ideas to the top. If not then something fundamental is broken.
trusted

Edmonton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80092
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
trusted

Edmonton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80093
Jun 12, 2012
 
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Apple
trusted

Edmonton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80094
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
The truth sets you free

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80095
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

All of that was answered for you in detail! You have one of two problems, either you cannot read or you don't have the mentality to comprehend what you read. The parable of 'the rich man and Lazurus' was explained to you in simple terms so that a small child could understand. There is no need to try to explain it to you again if you did not comprehend it the first time.

All you know is what false religion has handed down to you. You keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again with no scriptures to back what you are saying. Again I ask, please answer the simple questions I posted for you!
EXAMPLE;
Where does the Bible say we only have 2 choices either heaven or hell?
Where does the Bible say we have an immortal soul?
Where does the Bible say we go to heaven or hell when we die?
Where in the Bible do you find the word 'Rapture'?
Where in the Bible do you find the word 'Trinity'?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80096
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The truth sets you free wrote:
All of that was answered for you in detail! You have one of two problems, either you cannot read or you don't have the mentality to comprehend what you read. The parable of 'the rich man and Lazurus' was explained to you in simple terms so that a small child could understand. There is no need to try to explain it to you again if you did not comprehend it the first time.
All you know is what false religion has handed down to you. You keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again with no scriptures to back what you are saying. Again I ask, please answer the simple questions I posted for you!
EXAMPLE;
Where does the Bible say we only have 2 choices either heaven or hell?
Where does the Bible say we have an immortal soul?
Where does the Bible say we go to heaven or hell when we die?
Where in the Bible do you find the word 'Rapture'?
Where in the Bible do you find the word 'Trinity'?
"false religion" ?

As opposed to your true religion ?

Where does the bible say question another on their beliefs?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80097
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The truth sets you free wrote:
The parable of 'the rich man and Lazurus' was explained to you in simple terms so that a small child could understand. There is no need to try to explain it to you again if you did not comprehend it the first time.
People been Splainin stuff so that a small child could understand for a long time...

Mom where do babies come from.... A Stork flys over and leaves them on the door step...

Dad where did those pretty boxes under that tree come from... A fat jolly guy in a red suit flys down and leaves them....

Mom where did those pretty eggs come from... A little bunny rabbit hops around the yards and hides them for you to find...

Dad why do I have to go to church.... Because if you don't a invisible guy in the sky will drop you in a fire that will burn you forever....

Most people grow up and understand the stories as Dumb... Some not so much....
The truth sets you free

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80098
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"false religion" ?
As opposed to your true religion ?
Where does the bible say question another on their beliefs?
Jesus Christ himself did! Have you never read Matthew 7:15,16
The truth sets you free

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80099
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
People been Splainin stuff so that a small child could understand for a long time...
Mom where do babies come from.... A Stork flys over and leaves them on the door step...
Dad where did those pretty boxes under that tree come from... A fat jolly guy in a red suit flys down and leaves them....
Mom where did those pretty eggs come from... A little bunny rabbit hops around the yards and hides them for you to find...
Dad why do I have to go to church.... Because if you don't a invisible guy in the sky will drop you in a fire that will burn you forever....
Most people grow up and understand the stories as Dumb... Some not so much....
You post the same nonsense as explained before! True religion does not teasch such nonsense!
juggalo

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80100
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The truth sets you free wrote:
<quoted text>
You post the same nonsense as explained before! True religion does not teasch such nonsense!
One thing all cults have in common is they say their way is the only way
juggalo

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80101
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wonder why the Jehovah's witnesses made false predictions about the world ending ? http://m.voices.yahoo.com/danger-jehovah-witn...

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80103
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The truth sets you free wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ himself did! Have you never read Matthew 7:15,16
I did and I think that he gives horrible advice at the sermon on the mount (which is happening during Matthew 7:15).

The section you reference tells us to beware of false prophets. That doesn't exactly say to question another person's beliefs. He goes on to say: "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit" (he's as bad at analogies as YAA), but all trees can have good and bad fruit, and people are certainly the same. That means we would have to follow all prophets that seemed good until we see them do something bad (which seems to be the opposite of questioning another person's beliefs).
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80104
Jun 12, 2012
 
The truth sets you free wrote:
All of that was answered for you in detail! You have one of two problems, either you cannot read or you don't have the mentality to comprehend what you read. The parable of 'the rich man and Lazurus' was explained to you in simple terms so that a small child could understand. There is no need to try to explain it to you again if you did not comprehend it the first time.
All you know is what false religion has handed down to you. You keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again with no scriptures to back what you are saying. Again I ask, please answer the simple questions I posted for you!
EXAMPLE;
Where does the Bible say we only have 2 choices either heaven or hell?
Where does the Bible say we have an immortal soul?
Where does the Bible say we go to heaven or hell when we die?
Where in the Bible do you find the word 'Rapture'?
Where in the Bible do you find the word 'Trinity'?
would you please indicate to whom you are replying, or else we will assume it is yaa. You have asked good questions, which any believer in fundie Christianity should be asked to reply to. But unless you state your own views on some matters, it is difficult to converse with you. so what are your opinions regarding each of the matters which you asked about - or any of them which you would be willing to discuss. just curious. very tired of arguments with yaa. wouldrather quibble with folks I more or less agree with, but not entirely! i think the rapture notion is very popular with some types now, and along with the nonsense interpretation of the book of revelation, is a very bad trend in modern rightwing Christianity.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80105
Jun 12, 2012
 
The truth sets you free wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ himself did! Have you never read Matthew 7:15,16
so are you a JW- I seem to have forgotten what your views are....
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80106
Jun 12, 2012
 
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing all cults have in common is they say their way is the only way
"my way or the highway" - it is the motto of the rightwing GOP too. look what happened to Lugar in Indiana, and watch what is happening in Utah - the rightwingers there are targeting him too. He dared to be friendly with Ted Kennedy and others, in supporting the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other "lefty" measures that showed a modicum of compassion!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Hazard Forum right now

Search the Hazard Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 39 min wtf 146,969
How To Help Improve Perry County 1 hr Castaway 68
next Perry circuit judge (Jul '11) 1 hr Nurse 45
Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes 2 hr Carol 13
hottiest guy`s in leatherwood (Jul '10) 2 hr sexy 212
drug bust today in leatherwood (Jun '12) 3 hr none of ur biz 42
Shooting at Leatherwood 3 hr LOL LITTLE BOY 52
Cordia gets hammered by the KHSAA 8 hr Danny 13
woman in white car 10 hr Huh 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hazard Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hazard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hazard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hazard
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••