food stamp office
wanna know

Monticello, KY

#1 Oct 28, 2011
i was wondering if the people at the food stamp office can tell if you're working without someone telling on you. like can they type in your ss number and it shows where you work? i have a few family members that are using every dime of their stamps to buy and sell pop when i can barely even afford to feed my children and i've been contemplating calling in and telling on them but i'm afraid they will tell her how they found out.
JACK SPRAT

Windermere, FL

#2 Oct 28, 2011
See, right there is whats wrong with the world, people need to mind there own DAM BUSINESS. Look those folks buying pop with food stamps are not hurting you or your children. You are the problem, not them, I don,t get food stamps but if I did I would get Awful upset with a NOSEY NEIGHBOR causing me trouble...This kind of stuff is why we are all in the shape we are in.
Hamer Head

London, KY

#3 Oct 28, 2011
Take pictures of what is going on,if nothing is done,sind the pictures to frankfort,let them know what is going,you can also put this in the paper they dont wont to be in the paper.
wanna know

Monticello, KY

#4 Oct 28, 2011
JACK SPRAT wrote:
See, right there is whats wrong with the world, people need to mind there own DAM BUSINESS. Look those folks buying pop with food stamps are not hurting you or your children. You are the problem, not them, I don,t get food stamps but if I did I would get Awful upset with a NOSEY NEIGHBOR causing me trouble...This kind of stuff is why we are all in the shape we are in.
yeah well youre probably one of the druggie idiots doing this kinda thing, while your kids go hungry for the whole month,
Hamer Head

London, KY

#5 Oct 28, 2011
No you are wrong,i work for a living,and my kids are grone,i worked for them i had the guts to work,you are the one that wont work asking for help,you lay on your ...looking for a hand out.
Lol

Versailles, KY

#6 Oct 28, 2011
JACK SPRAT wrote:
If someone is using a program that MY TAX money pays for then you better believe it's my buisiness and if someone is abusing this program then they are taking money away from people who actually need it.

So for a quick run through, if you pay taxes then abusing this program is your buisiness. And if you depend on food stamps to support your family then, well, it's your buisiness too.

So basically when your cheating the government your cheating EVERYONE. Thus it's everyones buisiness. So stfu.
wanna know

Monticello, KY

#7 Oct 28, 2011
Hamer Head wrote:
No you are wrong,i work for a living,and my kids are grone,i worked for them i had the guts to work,you are the one that wont work asking for help,you lay on your ...looking for a hand out.
Yeah, I bet you havent worked a day in your life.. or it would piss you off too that you're throwing your tax dollars out the window so people can do this kinda thing. Nobody asked you anyways! And fyi, I DO work AND i go to school so I can get an even better job. If you don't have anything useful or helpful to say, stfu.
ADVICE

London, KY

#8 Oct 28, 2011
CALL THE FRAUD HOTLINE AT 1-800-372-2970. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME. PLEASE REPORT ANYONE WHO IS ABUSING OUR TAX DOLLARS!
nemesis

London, KY

#9 Oct 28, 2011
They have computers that match up with every working person's social in kentucky. They can tell how much money you made every three months. It is what employers report into the state taxes for your wages. It will show the worker if you have been working. It will show if you get unemployment. It will show any government money you receive also. How my tax dollars that are deducted out of my paycheck are used , is my business, who elses business is it. I wish they would stop allowing pop all together. Its not a necessity of life. That is my personal opinion. And for those of you going through the line with your entire foodstamp amount in nothing but pop that your going to trade in for cash...trust me everyone behind you is talking trash about you behind your back, but then you know it and dont have any pride about yourself. They dont believe you as your checking out saying your elderly mother just loveeeeeeeeeees pop.
nemesis

London, KY

#10 Oct 28, 2011
Also, back years ago when most people did have pride.. if they couldnt find a job here they would move to Ohio,or Indiana. YOu even mention moving to look for work to some people jobless, they just say shoot.. im not going to loose my free housing voucher, my welfare, my medical, my foodstamps, my freebees that go on and on to work?? are you kidding me????
well think a sec

Viper, KY

#11 Oct 29, 2011
what difference does it make they won't lose a month of foodstamps anyway so why chance them finding out. Until u people live in the same world the rest of us do please don't give hot headed advice! I know several foodstamp office social workers cops and others that work and are dirty as the informants to these dealers and hilbilly gambling houses and u are setting yourself up for trouble by saying anything. I live my life by minding my own business and I learned a long time ago u best not stir up a stank if it ain't bothering u and yours cause u may get more trouble than u want. I live In the real world and I see all that same stuff u see honey but give it another 5 yrs and it willbe worse.. I hope the best to all and Peace to all!
well think a sec

Viper, KY

#12 Oct 29, 2011
I have been there and when u turn a person in for those things it gets back and I honestly believe unless it's causing direct problems for u and yours why get in it. These people are dangerous and I believe in standing up for myself or a good cause but I believe in minding my own biz too. If a person has a problem why don't families handle it inside their family anymore. If I had a loved one starving their kid buying drugs with FS I would take care of it not call in on them. I just don't get that. That's what's wrong with the world today
I know

Sheridan, AR

#13 Nov 5, 2011
wanna know wrote:
i was wondering if the people at the food stamp office can tell if you're working without someone telling on you. like can they type in your ss number and it shows where you work? i have a few family members that are using every dime of their stamps to buy and sell pop when i can barely even afford to feed my children and i've been contemplating calling in and telling on them but i'm afraid they will tell her how they found out.

Yes they can look that stuff up on the computer. They can put you in prison and give you A big fine for fraud.
tax dollars

Hazard, KY

#14 Nov 5, 2011
We are taxed to death, do you actualy think if you said something about the ones buying the pop you would stop having to pay taxes, NO. Your still going to pay taxes, so why bitch about it. And if you don't make much maybe you can get foostamps too.
Lol

Versailles, KY

#15 Nov 7, 2011
tax dollars wrote:
We are taxed to death, do you actualy think if you said something about the ones buying the pop you would stop having to pay taxes, NO. Your still going to pay taxes, so why bitch about it. And if you don't make much maybe you can get foostamps too.
Congratulations. That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.
Curious

Hazard, KY

#16 Nov 7, 2011
Doesn't matter about reporting someone there. You can't get workers off drugs to work on anything. One of the workers has been arrested and is on what they call desk duty. When u go in to see her you will see another person. So don't think you can go in there and get anything done.
quit

Hazard, KY

#17 Nov 7, 2011
wanna know wrote:
why dont you tend to your bussines these people need food stamps
eastern ky is so inbred and retarded they need all the help they can get if you dont belive me go to walmart on the first of the month and watch the idiots that come there
ladylulu

London, KY

#18 Nov 13, 2011
quit wrote:
<quoted text>
why dont you tend to your bussines these people need food stamps
eastern ky is so inbred and retarded they need all the help they can get if you dont belive me go to walmart on the first of the month and watch the idiots that come there
lol
ladybug

Lewisport, KY

#19 Nov 15, 2011
look, I am on foodstamps and if I was to see someone using them to buy pop for resell you better bet I would call and report it. They don't deserve it if they can't use it for what it is for. I have a hard enough time making ends meet now, I don't need some low life person committing fraud and making it hard on the ones who are honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who owns Dilce Combs Gym? 8 min Hesten 6
Word Association (Dec '12) 10 min cathouse cowboy 942
Word Association 11 min cathouse cowboy 155
drop a word.......add a word (Apr '10) 12 min cathouse cowboy 2,989
Drop a word and add a word (Dec '12) 13 min cathouse cowboy 3,008
cocaine 21 min Dillon terry 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min what u think 141,353
wreck 7 hr Cat 39
Perry county is officially broke 10 hr Sheila 69
Teco coal 10 hr Rolling on two 126
Missing : Natasha Fugate Jones Tue friend 103
More from around the web

Hazard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages