'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
45,101 - 45,120 of 146,156 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
whitehair from Louisville

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, there is no such thing as the Tea Party - it is nothing more than a chaotic collection of, mostly half-backed, notions how to run the Gov't.
As you know and as I agree there is no seperate Party called the Tea Party.However the Tea Party did not want to divide the Republican Party so they joined and are trying to get good people in office.You really should read the platform of the Tea Party and understand the good people involved.You might even find it would be a good thing.

It believes in the Constituion and in Capitalism.Nothing chaotic of half baked in something this Country has so wonderfully stayed with over 200 years.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

The chair from the WH will pass on the United Nations Open Ceremonies and go to 'the View'.
It is the reason the Middle East is on fire, he does not want to face those fans.
whitehair from Louisville

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, there is no such thing as the Tea Party - it is nothing more than a chaotic collection of, mostly half-backed, notions how to run the Gov't.
As you state,and I agree,there is no seperate Party as the Tea Party.However it was decided that they do have a platform,and joined the Republican Party to get good conservative people in office.Please read their platform.It might change your mind.Could you not like to get back to following the Constitution and Capitalism?You would find no chaotic or half-baked ideas in their thinking.

Not like Obama.He did not protect our embassies,nor kept this Country`s laws about the Border,and has lied every time he makes another speech.My opinion on that.
truthwillsetyouf ree

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

whitehair from Louisville wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know and as I agree there is no seperate Party called the Tea Party.However the Tea Party did not want to divide the Republican Party so they joined and are trying to get good people in office.You really should read the platform of the Tea Party and understand the good people involved.You might even find it would be a good thing.
It believes in the Constituion and in Capitalism.Nothing chaotic of half baked in something this Country has so wonderfully stayed with over 200 years.
Thye may not have had intentions of dividing the republican party but thats exactly what they did from within by joining them, they knew they couldn't stand on their own two feet, and thats why there is infighting within the party now

“I don't remember you”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup just like the one's who wrote that darn old U.S. Constitution!

The one that guarantee's you the right to say such ignorant $#it!
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

truthwillsetyoufree wrote:
<quoted text>Thye may not have had intentions of dividing the republican party but thats exactly what they did from within by joining them, they knew they couldn't stand on their own two feet, and thats why there is infighting within the party now
Not exactly right. The Tea Party members were elected by their constituents to push the addenda of those who elected them, which is "adherence to the U.S. Constitution by reducing U.S. government spending and taxes, and reduction of the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit". I don't know what you mean by "standing on their own two feet" but the Republican Party is not split, if it is then please provide some proof of this other then what you saw on MSNBC or CNN. Also as far as "infighting" goes every politician in every party will always have people who donít agree, it is only when you have the majority of people who don't agree does it become a "split" and that hasn't happened to the Republican Party for some time (1912 Taft). Now liberals will tell you itís splitting and they have been doing it for years (as far as I can remember). What you should do is look for you by looking at facts and not biased reporting but infighting is as they say ďHow the sausage is madeĒ you want the outcome but you don't want to see how itís made.
Personally I hope it splits for the simple reason that some politicians who claim to be conservative but really aren't ride the coat-tails into office but if there is a split then it will give Americans another choice at the ballots. Also the party to worry about splitting is the Democrats because of what happened in 2008 that Obama chocked the "Blue dog Democrats" into voting for Obama care that the repercussion was losing the House of Representatives.
Wondering

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Why is it that we can find the money for all these wars and the billions of dollars we give away in foreign aid each year but can't find the money stolen from Medicare and Social Security ? It seems like American seniors are not very high on the priority list.
Are You Kidding

Robbins, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

RayOne wrote:
The chair from the WH will pass on the United Nations Open Ceremonies and go to 'the View'.
It is the reason the Middle East is on fire, he does not want to face those fans.
Very disturbing! All these leaders in OUR country, on OUR soil and Obama does not have the time to meet with any of them. This meeting has been scheduled for at least a year, but Obama prefers to appear on The View.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Obama called on Mitt Romney to clarify his position on Iran and Syria, raising the prospect that his Republican presidential challenger might want to start another war in the Middle East. If that's what Romney/Ryan want, then volunteer Romney's 5 sons first!
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Call Me Justin Case wrote:
Obama called on Mitt Romney to clarify his position on Iran and Syria, raising the prospect that his Republican presidential challenger might want to start another war in the Middle East. If that's what Romney/Ryan want, then volunteer Romney's 5 sons first!
If you hadn't noticed but Syria is already in a war and Iran continues to push its nuclear agenda with the United States and Israel as targets. When do you think it's a good time that we engage them militarily? Or not at all? How about after they attack first, would that be good for you, unless you're busy doing the 'View?
Whats Up

Robbins, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Don't jump to conclusions! Obama has to talk about something and it can't be the economy.

“I don't remember you”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
Why is it that we can find the money for all these wars and the billions of dollars we give away in foreign aid each year but can't find the money stolen from Medicare and Social Security ? It seems like American seniors are not very high on the priority list.
Whenever Republicans mention "fixing the broken systems" Democrats scream "They want to do away with Social Security!" etc. etc. etc.

The donkey should be replaced with a picture of Henny Penny...or Robin from the Hood!
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Very disturbing! All these leaders in OUR country, on OUR soil and Obama does not have the time to meet with any of them. This meeting has been scheduled for at least a year, but Obama prefers to appear on The View.
Maybe he knows something we don't, like the election is in the bag for him and he doesn't have to do anything, just raise more campaign money. He cheated his way in last time, he will again. That's when we should all protest in front of the White House.
firstofthemonthe r

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

IMvaguelyFamiliar wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever Republicans mention "fixing the broken systems" Democrats scream "They want to do away with Social Security!" etc. etc. etc.
The donkey should be replaced with a picture of Henny Penny...or Robin from the Hood!
The Rs have never supported those systems and you expect me to trust them! It is obvious to me that they have been using those so called systems to fund their right wing agenda at the expense of everyone else, I dont have to go any further than Romneys Taxs to prove my point. He paid 10%, but that is not enough they want more, as a BABY BOOMER I know that I have been robbed, but at least it gave the greatest generaton some dignity in their Golden Yrs.

“I don't remember you”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

firstofthemonther wrote:
<quoted text> The Rs have never supported those systems and you expect me to trust them! It is obvious to me that they have been using those so called systems to fund their right wing agenda at the expense of everyone else, I dont have to go any further than Romneys Taxs to prove my point. He paid 10%, but that is not enough they want more, as a BABY BOOMER I know that I have been robbed, but at least it gave the greatest generaton some dignity in their Golden Yrs.
Your choice is :
A: leave everything as is and it will be broke in a very, very few years.
B: Let Democrats continue to run it "as is", and it will go broke faster.
C: Trust the party that reformed Welfare, and gave us these success stories:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying_Disclos...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Highway...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxpayer_Bill_of...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_Quality_Pro...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Respons...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_Business_J...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resources_...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_Marri...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiterrorism_an...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

As President the WH can use this opportunity to clarify its position on issues of the Middle East and the m.Brotherhood.
He must be getting the feeling that people don't trust him. And, why should we?
Are You Kidding

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Check out this site.

Statistics related to the 2012 Military Times Poll of soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines, active duty, reservists, guardsmen, veterans and retirees.

In politics today, do you consider yourself a:
Democrat - 9.72%
Independent - 27.9%
Libertarian - 5.43%
Republican - 43.81%
Other - 3.79%
Decline to answer - 9.34%

Overall, do you approve or disapprove of the way President Obama is handling his job as commander in chief?
Approve - 24.68%
Disapprove - 44.3%
Neutral - 20.51%
Decline to answer - 10.51%

http://www.militarytimes.com/projects/polls/2 ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

MSM has an Agenda, just as
Institutional Education has a Desired Outcome.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

When the debate time happens, Romney can ask BHO, why he did not 'Answer the Phone'.
LOL

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Poor..poor Mitt, he's being treated unfairly!

Romney doesn't even have a job! He is just living off his investments. He has no idea what it's like in the real world! His wife even has that elitist air. She says "you people", like she is above all the commoners.
"You people, won't be seeing anymore of my husbands tax returns".

Poor..poor Mitt! Don't mess with him or Ann will get upset. "This is hard......stop it!,,just stop it," LOL

Tell Ann to get bact to drawing up them plans for that new car elevator in that other new mansion they are building. It's obvious they are over their heads on this Presidential thingy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Hazard Forum right now

Search the Hazard Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 min Teacher 1,012
Daniel Boone Tavern/Steakhouse!! 50 min Disagree 20
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 56 min Yiago 128,587
UFO sighting on Big Creek (Dec '11) 58 min mother load 8
Shannon stidham child molester in walkertown 1 hr chacha 8
To the Arab in the red Mercedes 1 hr freddy 83
Info on Rod Gross 1 hr EttaBrown 1
Shocking new revelations Wanda Campbell 8 hr becky 19
Who will be new principal at Hazard Middle School 11 hr question 38