estill neace fired??
Parent

Mount Vernon, KY

#22 Jan 19, 2012
I hope this isn't true. I have had to deal with Mr. Neace at AB Combs and at PCC. We didn't always see things the same way but I have to say that he made a good change in both of these schools. If this is true, it is a sad thing. I think he done a good job. I have substituted at that school and there are some rough kids there. No one person can control all of them. It is impossible. I do believe Mr Neace tried to make a change. He interacted with the kids. He wasnt perfect but noone is nor ever will be in that position. If this is true, good luck Mr Neace.
well

Bolivar, MO

#23 Jan 19, 2012
tkm wrote:
I am sorry but kids can be poor test takers or have a fear of testing. The ACT had nothing to do with this.(This is to Well) Don't you care more about a child than a score? I have taught for many years and I have had students that can verbally tell you the anwsers to a test and write and answers then on test day get tore up and fail the test. I am sure you would want someone to give your child a chance. That is what I am saying. I hope (well) is not a teacher cause you care nothing about the children. You only care about a TEST SCORE.....Also God is watching and the Karma everyone is talking about comes back to those who Judge.
Not a teacher, but what I am trying to say is that the only way for the state to find out if the children are learning is through these types of test. It is a reflection of the teacher and the student. I agree there has to be a better way to determine if students are learning. I talk to parent that have students in all the local schools and most of the teachers around here are not good teachers and kids do not have to work for their grades like previous generation, and guess what these students who make good grades are not very good college students or their first year is in college ready courses. If a student is not a good test taker then they must practice because college class are not padded with homework grades and to get into college you must score high enough on ACT test. Maybe a student makes good grades but how do you determine if he or she is actually learning?
tkm

Stanford, KY

#24 Jan 19, 2012
Loki wrote:
Tkm
Didn't you just judge someone for judging? Seriously? Back on topic please.
I've heard the rumor but does anyone have info to back it up? I can't say I'm surprised if he got fired, was always good to me, but wasn't strict on teachers while I was there. We could do whatever in every room pretty much.
I did not judge I said you should not and god would be watching. I pray for you too!
strike three

Bolivar, MO

#25 Jan 19, 2012
tkm wrote:
Also, I did not read in the paper that any cheating went on the CATS testing. The ACT data was all I saw so you may need to read that paper again and get those facts right before you lie on top of judge. Two strikes against you with God. I pray that life is good for you and all who pass judgment. I pray that you have a great and wonderful future and you see that not all men are evil.
Looks like you are judging everything, and everyone. Not nice to tell others not to judge and you are doing it. Even if that idiot got the facts wrong about CATS and ACT, does the ACT data bother you? Someone or something change answers for one reason to cheat, and the ACT bases scholorships off of those scores. Some could have gotten extra money that did not earn while others have to pay more for college or not go at all
sofedup

Stanford, KY

#26 Jan 19, 2012
I think well on here Hates Estill Neace. What do you think. I thing TKM is a Precher! Estill lost his job. What about the Hazard High Principal who lets kids get high. Is he next too. This is just the begining. I went to PCC and I always got the grade I deserved. I got C's I went there in 2003-2007. I took the ACT and I scored like a 17 then went to HCC and took a Comp test did good and I took classes there for 2 years Then went to Eastern. I have a degree in Geology. PCC not bad to me. I liked Estill sorry man. This I agree is not fair but you people on here will have something bad to say about that one too. I live in Lexington now and hear about PCC stuff all the time. I hear about bad teachers all time from buddies here that say schools here are same. Go to bed.
sofedup

Stanford, KY

#27 Jan 19, 2012
strike three wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you are judging everything, and everyone. Not nice to tell others not to judge and you are doing it. Even if that idiot got the facts wrong about CATS and ACT, does the ACT data bother you? Someone or something change answers for one reason to cheat, and the ACT bases scholorships off of those scores. Some could have gotten extra money that did not earn while others have to pay more for college or not go at all
Go to bed trouble maker. I bet you cheated on tests too. Ha.
heck

London, KY

#28 Jan 19, 2012
All the school boards members need to go. If I was Estill, I would take a few with me. I wouldn't be by myself on this one.
scapegoat

London, KY

#29 Jan 19, 2012
Looks like somebody had to take the fall, and we knew it wouldn't be the super.

Ole Estill should tell what he knows, take em to court and collect a big fat consolation prize.
strike three

Bolivar, MO

#30 Jan 19, 2012
sofedup wrote:
I think well on here Hates Estill Neace. What do you think. I thing TKM is a Precher! Estill lost his job. What about the Hazard High Principal who lets kids get high. Is he next too. This is just the begining. I went to PCC and I always got the grade I deserved. I got C's I went there in 2003-2007. I took the ACT and I scored like a 17 then went to HCC and took a Comp test did good and I took classes there for 2 years Then went to Eastern. I have a degree in Geology. PCC not bad to me. I liked Estill sorry man. This I agree is not fair but you people on here will have something bad to say about that one too. I live in Lexington now and hear about PCC stuff all the time. I hear about bad teachers all time from buddies here that say schools here are same. Go to bed.
No dont hate anybody. I never said the PCC principal changed those scores, I have not mentioned his name and dont plan on it. From what I know I like him he has been good to my family. I dont think he had anything to do with it to be honest, but somebody did and all this will fall in his lap because it happened on his watch. I hope the principal spills his guts and tells what actually happened and then we can get rid of the real people who cheated. I am glad that school made you earn your degree, and you had to work at it, students are a different bred today, but today students are getting more A's and with nothing to show for it but a grade on transcript, if you dont know the basic stuff in college you will be lost. I also agree there are bad teachers everywhere, PCC, Hazard, Knott, Leslie, that getting made to look like good teachers because of how easy their classes are and the good grades coming out of it.
Wild welder

Ivel, KY

#31 Jan 19, 2012
Estil is good man & principle I doubt he got fired but I will find out tomorrow first hand & let all u haters no
r u kidding

Harpursville, NY

#32 Jan 19, 2012
hearing that paiges grades were falsified too and kshaa is looking, estill will talk there!!
STOP

Stanford, KY

#33 Jan 19, 2012
what is the evidence wrote:
I dont know if this is the same evidence that the earlier person was talking about, but go get a copy of the paper when this made the news, go talk to a school board member and ask how many erase marks where found on the tests. According to people in this community that I have talked to there was close to 100 erase marks on wrong answers and the correct answers were filled in.This was on a bunch of test, not just one. Cant believe you are a parent of a student that goes to this school and you dont know about this.
Did you also know that some of those erased answers were right and changed to be wrong. I think they interviewed those students with erase marks and they said they messed up missed one had to go back erase and make changes. that was on the report too... I talked to a kid that said the people that interviewed said that has never happened before. What? I have taken tests where I missed one had to go back and never got accused of cheating. All I got to say is don't erase on a test. Take a pencil with no eraser cause if you erase you are a cheater. ACT should have a target on their head that DUH...
OMG

Stanford, KY

#34 Jan 19, 2012
Sorry Estill! I like you! You have been through alot this year. I hope you the best! Dont worry about what people say on here. They don't care about anything other that making people feel like crap! I want to say (What comes around goes around) To the people that started this ACT stuff I hope someone shits in your cornflakes.
mike

London, KY

#35 Jan 20, 2012
Who is his replacement?
chancy

Rockholds, KY

#36 Jan 20, 2012
Wild welder wrote:
Estil is good man & principle I doubt he got fired but I will find out tomorrow first hand & let all u haters no
he got caught just like your uncle dam shame it dont carry jailtime william all them neaces are dirty sobs
Unknown

Bolivar, MO

#37 Jan 20, 2012
I missed over forty days of school in 2009. Still made the honor roll.

I think Estill is the fallout guy. The teachers really were lackluster at that school. Estill really cared about the school, and kids. He broke down crying at my graduation, and he graduated many of my classmates twice.

It was a good run. If it's true, hat's off to the man.
EMPLOYEE1

Somerset, KY

#38 Jan 20, 2012
WELL WE ARE SURE LUCKY TO HAVE THE FINE OUT STANDING SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS TO FALL BACK ON FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING.
THESE FOLKS ARE A JOKE , WHAT EVER HAPPENED FOR TAKING AND PUBLIC SERVICE JOB AND DOING IT FOR ALL THE RIGHT THINGS.
AND NO PADDING YOUR OWN POCKET FIRST, OR PADDING A LITTLE HINE END SECOND.:-)
cdog1

United States

#39 Jan 20, 2012
tkm wrote:
I think this is a problem. People this is a man's life you are talking about. What if you lost your position because people who came in a stayed a week made that decision and all they care about is a test score. That is what people should be concerned about. That the state dosen't care about your child they are concerned with a score and that test score is way more important than your individual child. Do you think that the state cares if the children here have a safe place to stay after school or if they eat or if they are being abused. No! They care about a stupid test. What if you child makes good grades and works hard and they are just a bad test taker. The state and federal government cares nothing about the people. They only care about what looks good on paper. That means the Principals, Teachers, cooks, Janitors, aids and anyone else is just someone to blame for the State and federal governments problems. That means your children will suffer everyday because they are pushed toward a test that is the last thing on their minds.
if he is not doing his job he should loss it,every body has to make production whether its mining or teaching,ACT scores are production for teachers.The teachers where my kids go to school set at their desks and text and talk on the cellp. allday,band cellphones from the class room,it would be a good place to start.
nono

Green Forest, AR

#40 Jan 20, 2012
Estill Neace is a good educator, cares for the students, not perfect, but who is.
he is not to blame for the scores, he is a good principal but somebody had to go, just not the right one going! don't be hard on Mr. Neace.
students

Lancaster, WI

#41 Jan 20, 2012
There are a group of students standing in the parking lot at PCC. Anyone know whats going on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kaytlin Stevens 16 min Leat 6
Justina and Dylan 20 min Tim 3
Need a good attorney 36 min Dar 9
Looking for somewhere to rent in Perry Co. 1 hr Haz41701 3
Tiffany combs 2 hr Kekd 1
Fireworks? 2 hr Tracey 5
Bub 2 hr I need to kno 3
Who set themselves on fire 3 hr Sherry 11
Ace and Lisa FOUND GUILTY Thu Broke 172
More from around the web