|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

you are so right wrote:
<quoted text>These are the most arrogant, rudest people I know. I quit going there a long time ago. I don't know how these people expect to run a business. GOODBYE, MONKEY PUNCH, you will run your own self out of business. Oh, and by the way, they can't take checks. Wonder what's up with that? Trying to cheat the IRS. I have no problem writing checks anywhere else. Go figure.
They likely do not take checks since, checks are an older form of currency, and you really wouldn't accept a check from just anyone. Everything in form of payment has basically gone plastic. If you get a bad check, you're stuck with a lot of hassle. Most people that have checking accounts, have a debit card for that account.

And if they wanted to cheat the IRS, they wouldn't have a barcode system set up there to log their transactions or keep track of inventory. To cheat the IRS, it would be a simple as their counter accepting cash, and not reporting profit for that item.

I do though, agree with Monkey Punch's arrogance. There is a lot of arrogance from some of the workers. There is usually one good egg out of the rotten bunch. I absolutely hate how if you trade in a game, they get on Amazon and look up what they accept for trade in values right in front of you. Sure that is how they know how much to offer, but it really just seems unprofessional from the consumer side of the counter. Even worse when they slightly undercut what Amazon offers and you see the price.

Their prices are also pretty bad on some of their services. Some of their games are priced really well.

There are pros and cons for any business. Monkey Punch could be so much more popular if they just made the customers feel valued and were friendly to them. Also wouldn't hurt to slide on prices on repairs for returning customers. That little shop used to get packed whenever I went in there.
Home Body

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Well, I had a family member in HARH and the nurses on the floor were rude as could be. One nurse worked her ass off while the others sat at the nurses station with their feet propped up....literally. It was easy to tell who really cared about the patients and who was there for a paycheck!
Agree or Not

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Beach girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they are nice to all the customers.I guess maybe you are just bored an need some drama.I wirjed there last summer an the owners an the whole family is extremely nice.They make everyone feel welcome from the time you walk in until you leave.Madison is one of the nicest girls I have ever meet.
. What world are you living honey? You are either deaf , blind, or a relative.. They talk really nice to you to your face, but as soon as your feet hit the black top they are all snickering about either your weight or your looks!! Look I know from experience. I was sitting there and I saw it with my own damn eyes and my own ears.

They think their shit doesn't stink. I am sorry to inform them that EVERYONES shit smells, even theirs..
hahafunny

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

cheater wrote:
Janice king at community trust bank
Agreed...
Truth

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Hillside theatre is pretty bad
Thatonegirl

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Monkey Punch doesn't accept checks because people aren't honest enough not to write checks they know are going to bounce. And as for looking up values of games that people trade in on Amazon, that's a load of crap. The way the pricing system is set up is determined already in the software. The only things they look up on Amazon are prices of laptops, tablets, smart phones or any other system that isn't in their software. They do a price comparison to make sure they aren't going in the hole by giving the customer more money than the item is actually worth. That DOES NOT apply to video games. When it comes to people that work there being rude, well, I guess it all depends on who you're talking to and it isn't fair to lump all the employees in together based on one persons attitude. Did you ever stop to think about if the customer is being rude and the employee is simply defending themselves? Of course not, because you're too busy playing the victim. All I'm trying to say is make sure you're crap's straight before you post stuff and make yourself look like an idiot. Shop there or don't. They've still been going strong for four years and its with or without your rude behinds.
King

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Thatonegirl wrote:
Monkey Punch doesn't accept checks because people aren't honest enough not to write checks they know are going to bounce. And as for looking up values of games that people trade in on Amazon, that's a load of crap. The way the pricing system is set up is determined already in the software. The only things they look up on Amazon are prices of laptops, tablets, smart phones or any other system that isn't in their software. They do a price comparison to make sure they aren't going in the hole by giving the customer more money than the item is actually worth. That DOES NOT apply to video games. When it comes to people that work there being rude, well, I guess it all depends on who you're talking to and it isn't fair to lump all the employees in together based on one persons attitude. Did you ever stop to think about if the customer is being rude and the employee is simply defending themselves? Of course not, because you're too busy playing the victim. All I'm trying to say is make sure you're crap's straight before you post stuff and make yourself look like an idiot. Shop there or don't. They've still been going strong for four years and its with or without your rude behinds.
Why would I lie and make that up about their price check system? That makes absolutely zero sense. Predetermined software? Maybe a web browser with Amazon's trade in search opened. Nothing wrong with that at all. Amazon offers a bit more, but it is credit to their site. Monkey Punch will actually offer more than Gamestop for games. Monkey Punch is a business. They're open to make money. They make a lot of it too.

Saying people play the victim isn't exactly always true, especially when you have said nothing offensive to the employee. Is there any need for attitudes when asking a fairly basic question? Have you ever tried calling that place for information regarding a service? These are people trying to GIVE you money. Zero reason to be rude.

Customers can affect employees and get on their nerves, then again, what place doesn't have customers like that? Customers are also the reason that those employees have jobs, and get paychecks. Customers are also the reason that the business is able to stay open and profit! When you are a local business competing against a commercially backed business, you need to stress to your employees they need to be kind to customers, no matter what the situation is.

I am not exactly sure how I made myself look like an idiot. I am going to assume you were talking to the other lady. Then again, since you were insulting somebody else's intelligence, I am just going to assume that you are an employee of that store.

Nothing against them whatsoever. I am happy to see a local business do as well as they are in today's economy. The store has moved three times, each time moving into a larger and larger building. They could do even better is the part that kills me.

Four years and running strong. Remember, all it takes is somebody getting a cheaper lease and undercutting Monkey Punch on the services that they offer to end that.
summer lover

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Beach girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they are nice to all the customers.I guess maybe you are just bored an need some drama.I wirjed there last summer an the owners an the whole family is extremely nice.They make everyone feel welcome from the time you walk in until you leave.Madison is one of the nicest girls I have ever meet.
thanks for saying. Something these people are so rude omg
Another place

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Is The decorating center they are the rudest people around I can't believe there still in business by the way they treat people they must have a second source of income and I guess they can't fire the rude workers because they are family!!! AND I WILL NEVER BE BACK IN THE PLACE AGAIN!!!
decorating center

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

you said it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 70 of70
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Hazard Forum right now

Search the Hazard Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min curious 122,873
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min freelancehobo 138,759
sykes is a total disaster 45 min Emma 24
Tiny Doors 47 min Dexter 90
Hazard's Mayor Race 1 hr simple man 66
Drop a word and add a word (Dec '12) 1 hr texas pete 611
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Ancient Wolf 81,213
any good gossip out there 2 hr Hum 51
$500 egg hunt (Mar '13) 6 hr Denny Ray N 95
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hazard Jobs