Hostess closing!!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deon

Aylett, VA

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Here you go Obama voters....its already started.....its going to get worse....be prepared.
Hah

London, KY

#2 Nov 16, 2012
Deon wrote:
Here you go Obama voters....its already started.....its going to get worse....be prepared.
I guess it's obamas fault they filed for bankruptcy back in 2004 too huh?
wtf

London, KY

#3 Nov 16, 2012
How does Obama have anything to do with that, I mean seriously, you gonna step on a crack in the sidewalk an say "Its Obamas Fault I Broke My Mamas Back"????
so sad

United States

#4 Nov 16, 2012
Munchies will never be the same
unknown

Somerset, KY

#6 Nov 16, 2012
It's because people was protesting, because the company was going to put everybody down to part time, because they did not want to provide people with Obamacare, just like restaurants are going to start charging you 5% on your bill for their Obamacare!!! HAHAHAHA you people are getting what you asked for, now eating out AND eating in is going to be sky high!!!!!! LMFAO you idiots!!!
Deon

Aylett, VA

#7 Nov 16, 2012
Thank you unknown...I'm glad one comments understands what's going on...and you're right, they are idiots..lol.
Hah

London, KY

#8 Nov 16, 2012
unknown wrote:
It's because people was protesting, because the company was going to put everybody down to part time, because they did not want to provide people with Obamacare, just like restaurants are going to start charging you 5% on your bill for their Obamacare!!! HAHAHAHA you people are getting what you asked for, now eating out AND eating in is going to be sky high!!!!!! LMFAO you idiots!!!
Lol... Let me make sure I get this right...

So you say, " because the company was going to put everybody down to part time, because they did not want to provide people with Obamacare"

So by your logic... Hostess was going to drop full time employees, who already recieve health insurance, to part time because they couldn't afford to provide them with healthcare (obamacare)? Lol what a fuckin retard. That makes absolutely no sense. Hostess is closing because they can't afford to provide health insurance to our workers who we already provide health insurance for. God you people will believe anything.

Now, could you please leave the room so the adults can talk, k? Hostess is "closing" because in 2004, when hostess applied for bankruptcy the last time, the brand was took over by some Wall Street investors... Similar to the company we all love, Bain capital. Since then profits have plummeted, they had 6 different CEO's, cut pay for workers, and raised pay for upper management and executives( last year their CEO got a raise worth a couple millions bucks, while they attempted to cut wages and benefits by 25 percent for union workers). Now, hostess plans to follow the business model laid out by Bain capital... Liquidate,walk away filthy rich, and leave thousands jobless. So if anyone is to blame for this mess, it's the man who helped pioneer this buisiness model... Can anyone guess who that is?
justme

Greenbrier, AR

#9 Nov 16, 2012
AMEN to that,Hah.
unknown

Aylett, VA

#10 Nov 16, 2012
Ding ding ding...we have a winner ...that's exactly what I'm saying ding dong head.
justme

Aylett, VA

#11 Nov 16, 2012
Hah, I love your brains. Are you gay?
unknown

Somerset, KY

#12 Nov 16, 2012
http://www.kwch.com/business/kwch-hostess-ceo...

dumbass, it even says because of the striking, and right now it is NOT mandatory for all companies to provide full time employees with insurance, it will be in January when you idiots get your Obamacare, but that's ok, you will feel it even more when you have to pay 5% on your bill at restaurants for Obamacare!!!!
Sanyo

London, KY

#13 Nov 16, 2012
5% is not to bad to get healthcare.
thing is

West Liberty, KY

#14 Nov 16, 2012
The problem is it won't just be fast food. Wait and see if other companies don't follow thier lead. Your local hardware store, food store, gas station, and even doctor's office will be charging you a surcharge to help cover the cost of obamacare.
unknown

Somerset, KY

#15 Nov 16, 2012
you are just paying for their employees not yours, it does not help you at all dumbass
Hah

London, KY

#16 Nov 16, 2012
unknown wrote:
http://www.kwch.com/business/k wch-hostess-ceo-gives-striking -workers-thursday-deadline-201 21114,0,2860295.story
dumbass, it even says because of the striking, and right now it is NOT mandatory for all companies to provide full time employees with insurance, it will be in January when you idiots get your Obamacare, but that's ok, you will feel it even more when you have to pay 5% on your bill at restaurants for Obamacare!!!!
Lol... The sheer stupidity of people amaze me.

Lets try and go over this nice n slow... let me know when it starts to fly over your head, ill try and get some crayons or something to help, k? The striking union workers are already full time employees with benefits... So why in the hell would obamacare have anything to do with the company shutting down? By your logic hostess is closing because they can't afford to provide healthcare to their employees that they are already providing healthcare for... Do you understand now? Your logic doesn't make sense, it's dumb.

The news story you posted even said the strike was over pensions...
"Former workers at the plant in Emporia say they're okay with how things turned out. They tell us the company betrayed them by taking away their pensions. They say they passed up on pay raises in the past in exchange for building their retirement pay."

So here's a little advice, next time you post a news story to try and help you prove a point. Read it first.
justme

United States

#17 Nov 17, 2012
I'm glad that you ones that love your president so much stand by him to the end....just learned an hour ago that Kohl's & jcpenny are closing after Christmas .... the news reporter ask wouldn't the holidays coming up help save these stores?? Lmao...she must be an idiot like you Obama followers ...they told her it would take 5 holiday seasons and the lay off of 5thousand employees to begin to save jcpenny stores .... man things are looking up since we reelected Mr foreigner ....idiots.

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#18 Nov 17, 2012
justme wrote:
I'm glad that you ones that love your president so much stand by him to the end....just learned an hour ago that Kohl's & jcpenny are closing after Christmas .... the news reporter ask wouldn't the holidays coming up help save these stores?? Lmao...she must be an idiot like you Obama followers ...they told her it would take 5 holiday seasons and the lay off of 5thousand employees to begin to save jcpenny stores .... man things are looking up since we reelected Mr foreigner ....idiots.
I Can't Afford To Shop At JCPenny's And Kolh's.....Their Prices are Too High....

Kohl's Keeps The Lights On!!!!....
Hah

United States

#19 Nov 17, 2012
justme wrote:
I'm glad that you ones that love your president so much stand by him to the end....just learned an hour ago that Kohl's & jcpenny are closing after Christmas .... the news reporter ask wouldn't the holidays coming up help save these stores?? Lmao...she must be an idiot like you Obama followers ...they told her it would take 5 holiday seasons and the lay off of 5thousand employees to begin to save jcpenny stores .... man things are looking up since we reelected Mr foreigner ....idiots.
Wow, apparently you people believe the president is god. All powerful, has control over all things. With the snap of his finger companies crumble, with the stomp of his foot gas prices rise... And sorry, hate to bust your bubble, that's just not the case. Anyone who can peck a couple letters into google search would know jc penny's financial Woahs are due to a stupid business strategy that has erupted in their CEOs face. Or have you not read the papers for the last year? Last January jc penny implemented, "everyday low pricing". Removing all special sale days, and offering everyday low pricing... Since then jc penny stock has fallen around 40 percent in one year. I really don't see how you can blame that on Obama.

And if you wish for me to rebut your claim about Kohls you'll need to provide some more information because I can't find anything about what you said.

It's curious that you people demonize the president and accredit him for basically every problem in the world. You would rather blame the president than do a little research and find the truth. Which is very sad, and may be the biggest contributing factor to the sad state of the democratic process these days.
do not blame the union

United States

#20 Nov 17, 2012
I think u need to look around u idiot....your hero is the one that said he would help the united states in one term...we are now in worse shape than ever...and u dumb ass followers go and reelect this clown. Makes me wonder if you idiots have heard the term "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" I mean how dam dumb are you people? I mean really!!
Hah

London, KY

#21 Nov 17, 2012
do not blame the union wrote:
I think u need to look around u idiot....your hero is the one that said he would help the united states in one term...we are now in worse shape than ever...and u dumb ass followers go and reelect this clown. Makes me wonder if you idiots have heard the term "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" I mean how dam dumb are you people? I mean really!!
Ummm... I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, no wait, scratch that. I am sure where you're getting your information from. I think YOU. Need to look around you, and by look around you I mean change the channel off of Faux News.

The recession is over, we've had 30+ months of job growth, we're only fighting one of bush's pointless wars instead of two, bin laden is dead, and unemployment is the lowest it has been since 09. So really, how the hell can you say "we are now in worse shape than ever". Seriously, justify that statement. Provide facts to prove your point. If you can't then shut the fuck up. Damn it's so annoying when people express an opinion that is based on NOTHING. You'd rather spew your brain diarrhea and parrot right wing propaganda than think for yourself, and it is annoying as fuck. so...Please I'm begging you, prove to me that right now is the lowest point in us history. Please...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing you 11 min Backstabber 2
Food stamp store 1 hr What 4
Fallen kings who are they? (Mar '15) 1 hr TakeMeTo 46
Deputy Bullying At Walmart 2 hr DollBabbies 9
Men growing up 2 hr Rebneys mommy 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr SNOKE 170,075
Arrested for "Promoting Homosexuality" 2 hr lucky for you 235
I am a coal miner's daughter 3 hr Buddy 66
What's going on at pcc 17 hr Don Jr 14

Hazard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages