Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#58566 Jun 23, 2012
RDC has the stuttering mumbles, looks like the other perverts have moved and did not leave him the forwarding address.
Hempburn

Pine Knot, KY

#58567 Jun 23, 2012
ReallyDontCare wrote:
Fellow Posters, don't pay any attention whatsoever to the funny farm escapee below:
<quoted text>
Here we have the atypical American hating controlist telling new and old posters what to pay attention to, sorry terdjockey but in this country we encourage people to read and write what the please.

Now for some social redeeming quality;
Some people have noticed a reduction in Hummingbirds in KY. I have not and do have a good band of rubys in my yard. "Hummers" like insects as their primary food, nectar is the quick fuel to allow their search for tasty air trolls (bugs). Post several feeders with sugar water and keep them clean and you will have hummers. They begin to migrate in late July thru the first early frost. Fear not to leave your feeders active, you will not intice them to stay longer as their internal clock will kick in for the migration.

have a nice day, trolls,, not so much.
Hempburn

Pine Knot, KY

#58568 Jun 23, 2012
ReallyDontCare wrote:
Then this thread should be just like the birds, DEAD!
<quoted text>
No captain astro-glide, it should continue on with open forum allowing, even your sickbutt to freely talk about interst until another unfortunate bird occurance happens to bring the topic back full circle. Sad your only interest is men's butts, but hey, that's your thing, still you may wish to leave this forum and persue your butt interest on more appropriate sites.

Social redeeming section:
The Brown Thrasher has one of the largest song repertoires of any North American bird. Boldly patterned, it is conspicuous when singing on its territory, but is hardly discernable during the rest of year. They enjoy brush near mowed areas of fields like hedgerows.
Have a great day,,, trolls, not so much.
Hempburn

Pine Knot, KY

#58569 Jun 23, 2012
Ok, so I'm half watching a bass fishing show this morning, and one of the pros hooks a 3lb hawg and muscles the poor thing in faster than a fatchick on a zipline with his 40lb spiderline then jerks it out of the water some ten feet from his boat so the poor fish sails like a javlin into the boat. I fly fish, to me it's about skill. I'd much rather catch a three pound fish on a one pound leader. People do not respect nature anymore. If I hunt or fish, the animal must always have the edge or what is the point and where is the skill.

Social redeeming section:
The rufous-sided towhee is about seven inches in length. It has red-brown eyes, long black tail feathers and a small pointed black bill. The male rufous-sided towhee has a black head, neck and shoulders, a white chest and rust-red wings and sides. Again this is a brush loving bird, so do not cut out all the ugly looking brush piles near your property, this is habitat, and key to bird attraction.
Have a good day,, trolls,, not so much.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#58570 Jun 23, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey witch I knew you would dump the sock pretty quick. Don't you just love to talk to Blueminer? Quick switch back and nobody will notice!
You really ARE stupid. I'm not anyone else here. YOU night be, in fact I'm SURE you are, but I don't need to be.
Get a brain cell and get the clue I've given you. Dummy.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#58571 Jun 23, 2012
ReallyDontCare wrote:
Fellow Posters, don't pay any attention whatsoever to the funny farm escapee below:
<quoted text>
What!? Nothin for me?...Appalling. Now I reckon I'll just have to type bad about ol roam. You think all our fellow posters will just clam up now?

Scotts Vegas

#58572 Jun 23, 2012
What timing!!! I think we have a psychic link. Would you mind coming over and let me slap this bridle on you and slap you on the butt a few times?

Scotts Vegas

#58573 Jun 23, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>You really ARE stupid. I'm not anyone else here. YOU night be, in fact I'm SURE you are, but I don't need to be.
Giving yourself good marks is cheating! I caught your clue. You prefer bareback as opposed to a saddle...Sounds like fun.

Scotts Vegas

#58574 Jun 23, 2012
Besides this one brain cell needs more than one itsy bitsy clue.

Scotts Vegas

#58575 Jun 23, 2012

Since: Jun 12

Vine Grove, KY

#58576 Jun 23, 2012
? blueminer..

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#58577 Jun 23, 2012
Bluewhiner, changing avafarts again, obsessive compulsive disorder, very much so. Is Mother trying to take control again, Norman?
HENRYETTALYNN THUDPUCKER

Lafayette, TN

#58578 Jun 23, 2012
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>Henryetta I dont worry about the spelling. I don't post alot because of my spelling, a year or so ago I had something happen to me and I can't spell some words that are easy for some people. It seems you get bashed for misspelled words but I won't do that. I have a theroy on the hummingbirds but I will post it later.
I DONT WORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING OR GRAMMER , THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY GRAMMAR COPS HERE , AND THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS , BUT ANNIEHOO , I READ UP ON THE CARDINALS AFTER READING SOME OF THE COMMENTS ON HERE , CARDINALS DO NOT MIGRATE .. I HAVE FOUND SOME GOOD LINKS WITH SOME INFO ON IT IF YOU WANT TO READ IT , THE LINK STATES THAT THEY DO ATTACK MIRRORS ,IT ALSO IN THE LINK ,I HATE COPY AND PASTE SO HERE IS THE LINKS TO BACK UP MY COMMENT .. http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Kentucky/bird_... http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/northern_c...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#58579 Jun 23, 2012
danalovefeel wrote:
? blueminer..
Don't pay any attention to Bluewhiner. He's battling between Norman and Mother Bates this morning.

Scotts Vegas

#58580 Jun 23, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Bluewhiner, changing avafarts again, obsessive compulsive disorder, very much so. Is Mother trying to take control again, Norman?
Hmmmm. The darndest things bother some people. There's gotta be a little variety in everything. I wonder if una eats poop stew for supper every single night.

Scotts Vegas

#58581 Jun 23, 2012
danalovefeel wrote:
? blueminer..
Yes?

Scotts Vegas

#58582 Jun 23, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>You really ARE stupid. I'm not anyone else here. YOU night be, in fact I'm SURE you are, but I don't need to be.
Can we get a Denial Accountant please? That must be a hundred denials on the same issue.

You know what I always say. The more one denies something that cannot be proved one way or the other, it's a sure sign of guilt.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#58583 Jun 23, 2012
HENRYETTALYNN THUDPUCKER wrote:
<quoted text> I DONT WORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING OR GRAMMER , THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY GRAMMAR COPS HERE , AND THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS , BUT ANNIEHOO , I READ UP ON THE CARDINALS AFTER READING SOME OF THE COMMENTS ON HERE , CARDINALS DO NOT MIGRATE .. I HAVE FOUND SOME GOOD LINKS WITH SOME INFO ON IT IF YOU WANT TO READ IT , THE LINK STATES THAT THEY DO ATTACK MIRRORS ,IT ALSO IN THE LINK ,I HATE COPY AND PASTE SO HERE IS THE LINKS TO BACK UP MY COMMENT .. http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Kentucky/bird_... http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/northern_c...
So what you are saying is Cardinals pretty much stay and nest in the same location? I have more Cardinals around my place than anyother bird, but they aren't as many as there used to be. I have seen two Hummingbirds, but we have to keep in mind that not all flowers & bushes are blooming yet. My Butterfly bushes flowers just opened this past week. There are a pair of Doves here every year. I don't know if they are the same ones or not. Ky. used to be lousy with English Sparrows, but I rarely see one anymore.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#58584 Jun 23, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. The darndest things bother some people. There's gotta be a little variety in everything. I wonder if una eats poop stew for supper every single night.
Only if I swallow any of the schitt you post. Which I don't.
HENRYETTALYNN THUDPUCKER

Lafayette, TN

#58585 Jun 23, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is Cardinals pretty much stay and nest in the same location? I have more Cardinals around my place than anyother bird, but they aren't as many as there used to be. I have seen two Hummingbirds, but we have to keep in mind that not all flowers & bushes are blooming yet. My Butterfly bushes flowers just opened this past week. There are a pair of Doves here every year. I don't know if they are the same ones or not. Ky. used to be lousy with English Sparrows, but I rarely see one anymore.
I HATE COPY AND PASTE UNA , BUT I AM GOINT TO PASTE SOME INFO HERE ,, THEY DO NOT MIGRATE ,, I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY REDBIRDS/CARDINALS AT ALL IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS ,, IF YOU HAVE THEM ,, YOU NEED TO SHARE THEM WITH ME DARNIT !
Kentucky Cardinal:

From more than 300 bird species that inhabit Kentucky, the cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) received top honors when chosen state bird by a joint resolution of the General Assembly in 1926. The cardinal is also the state bird of Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia.
Only the male cardinal possesses vivid red plumage. While a reddish color appears on the female's wings, crest and tail, she is less conspicuous with her brownish back and pale brown underparts. Though neither are bandits, both males and females wear black masks above large cone-shaped and pointed, coral-colored bills. Adult birds measure about eight inches in length and both sexes have a pointed crest which can be raised and lowered at will.
Since cardinals don't migrate, they can be seen and heard year-round, singing their cleat, whistling notes. A sharp click is the call note, but listen for melodies to increase in intensity during mating seasons.
Return to Kentucky Unit Study

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you Hazard 29 min trumps boner 15
POS 5 driver Derika Prater Morris released! 30 min Tracking 13
Jett needs to leave perry county schools 40 min Woodman 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min Traveler 148,982
Shane Cornett 1 hr Shut up 16
Lady arrested and charged by City Cop on rainy ... 1 hr Bigsexycheif 38
Jeremy Moore is a murderer 1 hr Dave 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages