Arch coal laying off
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sad

Virgie, KY

#1 Mar 8, 2012
They layed 44 off again today in hazard complex.
arch

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Mar 8, 2012
44 from the hazard complex, how about flint ridge, any word on if it will hit them?
worried

Mount Vernon, KY

#3 Mar 8, 2012
It does make you worry.
bad times

Rockholds, KY

#4 Mar 8, 2012
Did they lay off from all the jobs in Perry County? Did they close any jobs down. Did they lay off men from Breathitt and Knott also? That is so sad that people are losing their jobs and the worst part is there are no jobs available in any of the coal mines.
show me jackson ky

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Mar 8, 2012
closed rowdy mt job layoffs on all jobs. kept all old miller bros. men that had been hired in the last two years.laid off men that had been there for three to twenty years.
wondering

Rockholds, KY

#6 Mar 8, 2012
What about the trucks on the Rowdy Mountain Job, did they get laid off?
lol

Doniphan, MO

#7 Mar 8, 2012
i find it strange that they let the more experienced ones go and wonder what the reason really is
Idiots

Manchester, KY

#8 Mar 9, 2012
The shut down that job. That job has really bad quality from what I remember so it makes sense that it would be one of the first to idle. They didn't specifically target any workers. The workers on that job were laid off. Period. Really tough situations, so don't make things harder on these folks and their family my making shit up. Blame President Obama and EPA chief Lisa Jackson.
yeah

Georgetown, KY

#9 Mar 9, 2012
who can we blame for the men not getting there 60 day pay when the get laidoff i think that would be arch and not obama or the epa
office me

London, KY

#10 Mar 9, 2012
yeah wrote:
who can we blame for the men not getting there 60 day pay when the get laidoff i think that would be arch and not obama or the epa
They have got to lay off more than 100 men before you get that,and you say they got 44-we don't have to pay less than 100
clcetis

Red Jacket, WV

#11 Mar 10, 2012
47 got the axe at arch east ky in pike coutny. kept just a few to reclaim. worked here for almost 12 years. sucks pretty bad
coal dust

Manchester, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2012
Arch closed a coal tipple in Knott County on Friday...current rumor is they will also close a mine in Knott County as well...my heart goes out to all of the miners and their families who have lost their jobs in Eastern KY...
yeah

Virgie, KY

#13 Mar 10, 2012
clcetis wrote:
47 got the axe at arch east ky in pike coutny. kept just a few to reclaim. worked here for almost 12 years. sucks pretty bad
I heard that they made some superintendents that was old enough to retire. forced them to retire an replaced them with other bosses. in hazard division arch?
Dr Darcy

Greenbrier, AR

#14 Mar 10, 2012
coal dust wrote:
Arch closed a coal tipple in Knott County on Friday...current rumor is they will also close a mine in Knott County as well...my heart goes out to all of the miners and their families who have lost their jobs in Eastern KY...
Always heard Arch would do this, they always said they didnt care about their KY mines just the WV ones.
yeah

Georgetown, KY

#15 Mar 10, 2012
office me wrote:
<quoted text>
They have got to lay off more than 100 men before you get that,and you say they got 44-we don't have to pay less than 100
that just shows me what type of company arch is when enterprise laidoff 50 people they got there money for 60 days
Miner on Job

London, KY

#16 Mar 10, 2012
Ill tell you what kind of company arch is ,They let hall & Son trucking hall coal when 5 drivers and three women passengers walked off the hill and would not take a drug test, We are all scared that his drivers will kill our loved ones,Arch could care less,This is crazzy for arch to let this go,Says a hell of a lot for hazard management! I work on this job and i am scared,They need to fire hazard management for letting this go,Thats what arch is people.Hazard to.If one of them hits my family,They better hope they are not loaded with arch coal.
MSHA

London, KY

#17 Mar 11, 2012
When one of Hall & Son trucks kill someone loaded with arch coal then hazard management will be gone babby and you just watch and see,If you want to know about hall trucking just ask MSHA to show you there fines that they owe,Just go back 5 years and you will not believe your eyes,Arch dont care.Hazard dont care,I know,I care,Sometimes i feel like that i am wasting my time checking out these trucks,They totally ignore any citations that myself and any other inspector write.Go to msha,Then mine data retrieval system,Then go to contractor ID# K261 OR AZK You will be shocked to see what you will find,So if one of these trucks hit you,Arch let this go on and so did MSHA! He has 2 federal ID#,How about that? I am going over my bosses head,Believe me i want get fired.
Sunny Day

London, KY

#18 Mar 11, 2012
Miner on Job wrote:
Ill tell you what kind of company arch is ,They let hall & Son trucking hall coal when 5 drivers and three women passengers walked off the hill and would not take a drug test, We are all scared that his drivers will kill our loved ones,Arch could care less,This is crazzy for arch to let this go,Says a hell of a lot for hazard management! I work on this job and i am scared,They need to fire hazard management for letting this go,Thats what arch is people.Hazard to.If one of them hits my family,They better hope they are not loaded with arch coal.
WOW!
Sunny Day

London, KY

#19 Mar 11, 2012
WOW!
Back Burner

London, KY

#20 Mar 11, 2012
Miner on Job wrote:
Sounds like someone is getting there palms greased with lots of cash,Hast to be top management in Hazard,This is going to cost ARCH millions!They need to look into this shit, I have kids and family on this road also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thelma michelle gibson (Sep '13) 2 min Noneyabuisness 8
Johnny Gibson (May '12) 6 min Noneyabuisness 10
Cordia fired Roderick Rhodes 1 hr Bla bla blah 11
Hazard ARH ER (Aug '10) 1 hr haha 85
Who Gives The Best Head??? 1 hr haha 23
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 148,178
Greg Campbell, who lives between Vicco and Haza... 2 hr Reallyis 3
Ace and Lisa FOUND GUILTY 8 hr Federal Budget 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages