The Pill Mill Bill
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
please

United States

#3 Apr 21, 2012
I sure hope so.I don't know really what its about,though.I'm hoping it'll keep people from going across state lines to "pain clinics" that's just ridiculous.you should only be allowed to cross state line for medical are if you live within so many miles of the state line,or if you're terminally ill.
arhmbh

Rockholds, KY

#4 Apr 21, 2012
The biggest pill mills are right here in ky. Just come to leslie co. since arh has bought the hospital it looks like a pain clinic . I even saw a couple of people passed out in the waiting room. Dr.Vargee is the biggest dealer in all of ky. Guess ARH needs the money though, seems like thats all they care bout.
sad

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2012
What is the pill mill bill just wondering if any one could tell me
Why does

Lexington, KY

#6 Apr 21, 2012
When is it voted on and when does it go into effect ?

Since: Mar 12

Lexington, KY

#8 Apr 21, 2012
when this bill passes there will be a big boost in shoot gun and pistol shells so we can blast oh yeah
Huh

Mount Vernon, KY

#9 Apr 22, 2012
ButtonPusher75 wrote:
when this bill passes there will be a big boost in shoot gun and pistol shells so we can blast oh yeah
What?
madison

Waco, KY

#11 Apr 22, 2012
this bill is not going to help get pills off the street. it will however, let the attorney general see your personal information about meds you take and make assuptions based on that. if they feel that a person gets to many meds then they notify the police. it is a violation of hippa laws. the only people this will hurt are the people who need medications for pain. addicts will just get pills on the street somewhere else. don't let the politicians fool you. if they really wanted to help they would set up treatment facilities for addicts instead of methadone clinics. i wonder if it is doctors that own the methadone clinics i think not. politicians only care about money in their own pocket and that is it!
Garden-Planter

Mount Vernon, KY

#12 Apr 22, 2012
More Suboxone Clicics would all but solve the pill problem. Suboxone works if the body can tolerate it and it's used the way it's supposed to be. It has seemed to do wonders for those who got it from their doctor legally and used it properly.
Garden-Planter

Mount Vernon, KY

#13 Apr 22, 2012
More *Suboxone Clinics* would all but solve the pill problem, I meant to say.
gravedigger

Rockholds, KY

#14 Apr 22, 2012
This law will not keep people from getting the medicine they need. It will keep track of drug dealing doctor's. Just because they have MD in front of their name does not mean they are not a drug dealer. They should have been tracked by the attorney general a long time ago and maybe we would not be in the shape we are in now. Oxycodone was suppose to be used for people with cancer and terminal pain, not people who are able to run to walmart and doctor shop.Do you really think your doctor cares that much for you that he gives you pain pill's because he believes that you are hurting that bad? No, it gives him a customer for life once you are addicted.
Concern Citizen Here

Viper, KY

#15 Apr 22, 2012
Damn druggies are destroying every thing. I think they should be stricter on them when they get caught doing it they should get a yr for the 1st offense. There are innocence children that are hurting from these crack heads and they need to be held accountable for their stupidity.
I hate DRUGS..The affects of it has bad outcomes. I don't understand why people want to use them. I know it's for the high, but when you come down from that high, the problem you're running from is still there and now worse than ever.
So, I think if anyone you know use drugs, you should offer them help , if they refuse than turn them in.
Drugs kill so many a yr, it's high time to put a STOP to it. It's too late when they O.D!!
Concern Citizen Here

Viper, KY

#16 Apr 22, 2012
Yea it is too easy for people to go and DR shop. It's like TRICK or TREAT every day. I really wish there was a way to stop drugs use but in reality there isn't. It's sad tho, to know that people would rather turn to drugs, instead of the one who created them for help.
gravedigger

Rockholds, KY

#17 Apr 23, 2012
The doctors are the biggest dealers, they are at the top of the chain. They start the process,once the prescription is written then the pharmacy , then the patient who then distributes them throughout the communities. They are getting rich off our misery. I can't wait for them to end up in the jail.Where they have to spend a few years with the monsters they have created. I know a few I'm going to call the att. general about. Please join me in calling, maybe we can get some honest doctors back. And save a few lives.
all

West Liberty, KY

#18 Apr 23, 2012
All this bill will do is bring more drugs in from out of state. Until there is a FEDERAL KASPER like system that ALL states and doctors are required to log into then nothing will change. I think all Doctors that prescribe meds should have to log into the system to make a note saying they prescribe that med and all pharmacies need to log in saying they filled that script.
Most states don't even have a system like ours in place and even if they do they don't share info with other states. It only stays within that state.
all

West Liberty, KY

#19 Apr 23, 2012
All this bill will do is bring more pills in from out of state. Until we have a FEDERAL KASPER like system it will not get better. I think ALL doctors should have to log into a federal system what drugs they prescribe and who to. I think ALL pharmacist should have to log into the system and do the same, including what doctor is on the script. Until this is done nothing will get better.
MORE CRIME MORE DIEING

Charleston, WV

#20 Nov 14, 2012
all the pill mill bill is doing is causing more crime and breakins and is relley hurting thoes who are older and need pain meds to prevent them from suffering and killing themself from day to day pain ,look at veterns who come home cant get help from the va each day a vetern takes his life by sueside because of the pain ther in from combat wonds along with other nightmares the dea is threating dr and pharmacys and all they had to do is put a age limet of about 35 on class 1 and 2 medications for the pill mill started when the dea made a black market on the street of up to 50 dollars a pill now for outlaws to sell them to thoes that cant get their medication filled and now even a lorietab will be doing the same thing in the future while people who relley need this type medication cant get it because of the pharsmacys not haveing it in stock or the dr afred to write it causing people to go out of their state and outlaw pharmacy selling them for cash up to 1500 hundred dollars to fill now thoes under 35 who has cancer or has been in a bad assident can get a waver from the dea to recive these class of drugs but this would have made to much sence; law makers didnt think this law threw yes it has good points but it has ITS BAD too this law is just going to hurt the old and cause a huge crime wave you can all ready see it happening the states in these united states are being controled by the government more and more what happen to be on vacation and need your medican filled written by a federal aproved dr but yet you cant get it filled because of threating and regulating your medical careand your dr from another state in these united states of america is this not one country under god.more homes will be broke into more will be killed all because a huge blackmarket of pills is being born by the government not letting pharmacy have enought medican on hand for older people
Former Rehab Worker

London, KY

#22 Nov 15, 2012
Garden-Planter wrote:
More Suboxone Clicics would all but solve the pill problem. Suboxone works if the body can tolerate it and it's used the way it's supposed to be. It has seemed to do wonders for those who got it from their doctor legally and used it properly.
There problem is a lot of people can't tolerate suboxone well, and many people abuse suboxone too.
Former Rehab Worker

London, KY

#23 Nov 15, 2012
Garden-Planter wrote:
The problem is that a lot of people can't tolerate suboxone well, and many other people abuse suboxone.
a good friend that quit

London, KY

#24 Nov 16, 2012
lmfao i thought u were tlkin about billy ray that sells down combs
What about those who need

Washington, DC

#25 Nov 19, 2012
gravedigger wrote:
This law will not keep people from getting the medicine they need. It will keep track of drug dealing doctor's. Just because they have MD in front of their name does not mean they are not a drug dealer. They should have been tracked by the attorney general a long time ago and maybe we would not be in the shape we are in now. Oxycodone was suppose to be used for people with cancer and terminal pain, not people who are able to run to walmart and doctor shop.Do you really think your doctor cares that much for you that he gives you pain pill's because he believes that you are hurting that bad? No, it gives him a customer for life once you are addicted.
I agree with you, but it does keep those who deserve it from getting medication. All the druggies on my street--and unfortunately there are a lot--still get there pills --minus one. Which one less is great, do not get me wrong. But one other person on my street who was denied is a 84 year old lady, that I sit with. An 84 year old lady whose emotional loses this year alone are more than I could comprehend and her pain--makes me wonder why God would put so much on such a kind decent person. She was denied medication because of the new laws-now albeit, the doctor did not say she would NEVER get medication--but it was going to be almost impossible. She has never been in trouble, NEVER NEVER sold or abused medicine-she refused it the first 5 years she really needed it-because she didnt want to be a druggie. Now I see her suffer( and she is not the only one this is happening too) and I dont believe the bill was worth it ,if one person like her has to suffer. The dealers are still in business, getting high--it is all good for them. It pi$$es me off--how can we get her help--if those who honestly need the medicine(and see is WAY beyond just a bad back) cant get it??? Do we turn into new customers for dealers, for somebody who obvisouly doesnt need meds???because they seem to have no problem getting theirs. Or do we let someone like her suffer mentally and physically(which if we did to an animal we would be arrested). We are still trying to find her a doctor--so far no luck--and we are being talked to like we are the bad ones. My sincere thanks to all the dealers and junkies out there, I sincerely hope you drop dead or rot in prison. But of course the second one doesnt happen anymore, a slap on the wrist and back out they come. Kill the pill mill law and make a new one--make the dealers lose their income and actually have to work for a living and give those who really need them some relief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POS 5 driver Derika Prater Morris released! 8 min Hahaha 12
Shane Cornett 17 min Shut up 16
Thank you Hazard 38 min Laughing 13
Lady arrested and charged by City Cop on rainy ... 40 min Bigsexycheif 38
Jeremy Moore is a murderer 57 min Dave 16
Brittany Hurley's kid KAITLIN is Bobby Erskine'... 1 hr Gutstomp 11
Lawn care 1 hr Ffb 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages