medical spin down card

medical spin down card

Posted in the Hazard Forum

need to know

Eubank, KY

#1 Sep 4, 2012
Hi,
I need some info. My daughter does not qualify for medicaid, and any insurance from the state, bacause my husband makes to much money. She has no insurance coverage. She is in the need of a surgery. Does anyone know what the qualifications for a spin- downn card, and how it works. My duaghter is underage. Thanks!
just me

Louisville, KY

#2 Sep 4, 2012
For a spend down you have to apply after the fact, you take the itemized bill in from the hospital with your pay stubs from the month of service they then put on a spend down application and they take the bills and your pay and determine how much the state will pay and how much is your responsibility and then if you qualify the state will issue a spend down card for the hospital to bill to pay the states portion of expenses, you can not get it before services to cover the surgery only after the surgery. You have 3 months to apply for a spend down, so if you get the surgery in September you have to file for the spend down by December, they will not go back any further then the 3 past months. Hope that helps :)
Dump Truck

Bolivar, MO

#3 Sep 4, 2012
contact the homeplace program at the uk center in front of the falling down arh hospital

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women can't drive semi trucks 1 hr BIG JOHN WILLY 1
Fallen King's MC (Sep '14) 1 hr lol 43
Big Ed that works city water 2 hr Shirtless-Jerry 5
PCC Cheerleaders disrespecting the BULLDOG prayer (Aug '15) 2 hr Oh Yeah 19
Sasha woolum ask brandon 2 hr Truth 17
Dog Blaming in Vicco 2 hr Really 3
Hazard city workers slug it out downtown 2 hr Deepdirtguy 52
New city manager 3 hr lives in vicco 42
County election 2018 who's running for what? 12 hr knows him 146

Hazard Jobs