Perry Co. Jailers Pay

Posted in the Hazard Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just someone

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Apr 5, 2012
It truly is a shame that someone can now get paid $68,000+ a year for a job that we no longer need. Nobody in their right mind would say that the new jailer saved the county that much money. Denny Ray and the rest of those clowns keep saying that the county doesn't have enough money to fix the roads among other things in perry county, but yet we can afford to raise the salary of a position that we no longer need. Trust me, I voted for jeanette and am in no way saying anything against her, I voted for her, because Rick Wooten is a craving lunatic. I wouldnt agree with this if it was a member of my own family that held the position. How on earth do we ever get this country moving in the right direction with this stuff going on, much less the other things that happen without many peoples knowledge. I wonder how fast it will take them to lower the pay once again or finally do away with the jailer position if someone gets voted in that the current court doesnt like. Im guessing probably 2-3 meetings is not the first. The citizens of this great county need to stand up to such crazy spending of our tax dollars. Yes she may have started programs, but to say that the inmates grow enough food through the summer to provide for the entire jail throughout the full year, now thats just a little foolish wouldnt you say. Also the new county police, that was a complete WASTE of money also. We, the people of this great county, need to make our voices heard at every election. Do not believe the promises that are made at election time, remember the actions that are taking place right now. I know that what goes on is politics as usual, but at some point it has to stop. I just hope that some of these people who think they run this town soon wake up before this town has tumbleweeds blowing through downtown.
true

Harrison, AR

#2 Apr 5, 2012
The newly formed Perry County Police Department was only started because Denny Ray want's to control every aspect of the county. It is a waste of money to have another law agency when Perry County already has Unite, KSP, HPD, PCSD and DOT. And, I have no problem with Jeanette Hughes but that's a joke about a garden, just where is this fictional garden. I'm sorry but, her salary increase is a waste of tax payer money again, probably one of those closed door Sunshine Law breaker deals, so on so forth.
Happy

United States

#3 Apr 5, 2012
This is a joke. I would like to see that damn garden. I'd say park the county vehicles & save the gas. I see these county vehicles everywhere.
earnit

Somerset, KY

#4 Apr 5, 2012
hahahah keep payin ye hard earned tax money to the no good for nothing jailer she also has a free county vehicle and gets free gas and get free food from were ever she wants to eat every day now tax payers better lube up cause u gettin it stuck to ye ass
Taxpayer

Brodhead, KY

#5 Apr 6, 2012
What about the $1000.00 raise a month the magistrates gave themselves. Don't they now make a $1000.00 a week. This county is sure going backwards.

they don't have gas money for the Sheriff's office.
London

Greenbrier, AR

#6 Apr 6, 2012
$40,000, not nearly $70,000 with benefits, should be more than enough for a jailer's salary in Perry county, especially with a jail adminsistrator also with a large salary,actually running the jail. heck $25,000 would be good enough for most people.
The county must have more money than they say..
Do Magistrates actually earn all the salary and fringe benefits for the amount of time spent doing their job.....
concerned

Barbourville, KY

#7 Apr 6, 2012
They also have a personal vehicle with fuel furnished by taxpayers 24/7. No fuel money for the sheriffs office, if you need them, how are they suppose to get there?
just curious

Wooton, KY

#8 Apr 6, 2012
how much was her salary before the raise?
wouldnt you say

Wooton, KY

#9 Apr 6, 2012
London wrote:
$40,000, not nearly $70,000 with benefits, should be more than enough for a jailer's salary in Perry county, especially with a jail adminsistrator also with a large salary,actually running the jail. heck $25,000 would be good enough for most people.
The county must have more money than they say..
Do Magistrates actually earn all the salary and fringe benefits for the amount of time spent doing their job.....
where do you think the money that goes in the bag on monday night before election day comes from? if your in and want to stay in , you put up your share. the trick is to make sure every player has no excuses when it's time to pony up and believe me they are all willing to pay to stay. ain't no better deal speciallly on a bulldozer or flagging for the state.
faint recall

Wooton, KY

#10 Apr 7, 2012
wouldnt you say wrote:
<quoted text>
where do you think the money that goes in the bag on monday night before election day comes from? if your in and want to stay in , you put up your share. the trick is to make sure every player has no excuses when it's time to pony up and believe me they are all willing to pay to stay. ain't no better deal speciallly on a bulldozer or flagging for the state.
wouldnt you say, you're saying they raise each other's pay large enough so when it's time for election money, everybody has enough to make sure everybody gets back in. well that makes sense. if you have the treasury zipper in hand you can open it and take out pretty much anytime you want. a long time ago a guy named jesse paul engle had the office. he was rare. he didn't want to build an empire. he just wanted to make the best use of the people's money. his kind are not to be found in the ranks of the local office holders today. the guy before him and the guy who followed
him both went to prison.
friend

East Bernstadt, KY

#11 Apr 7, 2012
Did the magistrats also giv them selves a raise?
Curious

East Bernstadt, KY

#12 Apr 7, 2012
Were is watch dog Eddie Campbell?? In bed with Denny Ray Noble.
FreedomInAmerica

Somerset, KY

#13 Apr 7, 2012
Hell if all you have to do is plant a garden to get that kind of money I would have been planting them every where for ol' goodfella Denny Ray! I can't understand why he has all that stuff in his place? Ol' Ronald, and Hurley they said they wouldn't be like the rest, but damn if they ain't worse!
FreedominAmerica

Mount Vernon, KY

#14 Apr 7, 2012
I take it up the a$$!
Joke

Pella, IA

#15 Apr 7, 2012
Where is this big garden?? Do they think people of Perry Co. is this damn stupid? Yeah, I say lets buy the land past Walmart, plant a huge garden, if that kind of return. That may take place of Truss Joist. Economics 101!!!!!!!!!!

Too funny.
FreedomInAmerica

Somerset, KY

#16 Apr 7, 2012
Maybe it is on Denny Ray's property? Maybe that is where they take the chain gang to let the ho! do the garden?
Sharecropper

Pella, IA

#17 Apr 7, 2012
That is halarious!What is that about $ 20,000 per acre. Not bad.
sunshine act

East Bernstadt, KY

#18 Apr 7, 2012
After they eat the corn ya know what you can do with the cob.
Denny

East Bernstadt, KY

#19 Apr 7, 2012
Just my way of keeping everyone is line.
wondering

East Bernstadt, KY

#20 Apr 7, 2012
how much do the magistraits make?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Ren 178,281
POS Steven Morris 16 min chloe 14
Perry county Judge Excuitive 20 min Exactly 65
PCC threat 21 min chloe 50
kathy nickles 42 min Betty 6
New sherif in town 46 min Just Saying 59
West Perry Nuts 47 min Kelsey 11
Peanut arrested 1 hr Ray 31

Hazard Jobs

Personal Finance