Msha shuts down teco
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hungry Man

London, KY

#26 Dec 31, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? Do you think the coal industry should get some kind of special treatment? Do you think a coal miners job is worth more than another job that was lost due to citations from a regulating body? So if a local restaurant gets shut down by the health department are you going to tell those workers that their lost wages don't matter, just coal miners who lose wages because of msha citations?
Gimme a break, this is why I absolutely can't stand these pro coal idiots. You think you're entitled to a job. You think you're special. You're not, I'm glad you work and want to work but damn maybe if you did you're job MSHA wouldn't have found so many citations, you ever think of that? Seriously, ou guys whine like grade school girls.
I think you are just a smart ass that cannot stand yourself,And a tree hugger yourself.
gage creed

Winchester, KY

#27 Dec 31, 2012
See, only an idiot brainwashed coal miner would think being a treehugger is a bad thing.
Hungry Man wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are just a smart ass that cannot stand yourself,And a tree hugger yourself.
anna

Lexington, KY

#29 Jan 2, 2013
gage creed wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I thought I was the only one around here that wasn't brainwashed. I've been saying what you have been posting for along time. All they want to do is whine and complain about made up crap. And the worse thing is they have everyone else around here spouting the same crap have them saying coal is what kees us going and thinking the countrys power grid would shut down without them lol. They are all a joke.
if you think it's such a joke, then talk to someone who's 50 or over, and can remember the last REALLY big coal bust of east ky. the economy was bad, so the mines weren't doing any business and every mine around was laying off and even shutting down. as a result, railroad crews were laid off, most of the machine shops, welding places, etc. then because there wasn't a lot of money being spent, restaurants and clothing stores and dept. stores were laying off. it was starting to look pretty bleak. a lot of people, including some of my family members had to leave town. by the time the coal business started looking up again, it was getting really bad. ppl lost their homes, cars. and that was just temporary. if you think for a minute that closing the mines won't affect this area in a HUGE way, then just talk to someone who lived through that! it might not shut down the
power grid, but it won't matter, because if this is permanent, there won't be enough people left here to care, because there won't be anyplace left for them to work. and if you don't think closing mines affects ALL, or most jobs in this area, then you're kidding yourself! I remember what it was like back then and if it gets that bad this time, I bet you'll sing a different tune.
nosecret

London, KY

#30 Jan 2, 2013
anna wrote:
<quoted text>if you think it's such a joke, then talk to someone who's 50 or over, and can remember the last REALLY big coal bust of east ky. the economy was bad, so the mines weren't doing any business and every mine around was laying off and even shutting down. as a result, railroad crews were laid off, most of the machine shops, welding places, etc. then because there wasn't a lot of money being spent, restaurants and clothing stores and dept. stores were laying off. it was starting to look pretty bleak. a lot of people, including some of my family members had to leave town. by the time the coal business started looking up again, it was getting really bad. ppl lost their homes, cars. and that was just temporary. if you think for a minute that closing the mines won't affect this area in a HUGE way, then just talk to someone who lived through that! it might not shut down the
power grid, but it won't matter, because if this is permanent, there won't be enough people left here to care, because there won't be anyplace left for them to work. and if you don't think closing mines affects ALL, or most jobs in this area, then you're kidding yourself! I remember what it was like back then and if it gets that bad this time, I bet you'll sing a different tune.
Thanks to the MSHA OBAMA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Brenda

Lexington, KY

#31 Jan 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Theres a big difference between worrying and whinning like a baby on a gossip website, and facebook, and bitchin to pretty much anyone who will listen. a grown man will worry about losing his job so much that he will suck it up and find another job and not spend hours upon hours pointing fingers at everyone but himself. Coal miners knew what they were getting into when they signed up. There's about 100 younger, stronger, just as qualified workers for every 10 open coal mining jobs. That's what happens when you spend 10 years trying to convince everyone that the mining industry offers excellent job security, great pay, awesome benefits, blah blah blah. Everyone who fell for the friends of coal agenda is to blame for these layoffs. I mean what did they expect? 10+ years of coal ralleys and benefit concerts preaching the good news of coal, and know people are surprised that those men who were kids 10 years ago are tryin to find a job in the mines and the market is absolutely flooded with younger stronger workers who will work for less? Sorry i have no sympathy for stupidity.
So what is there to do? Suck it up and deal, just like everyone else who loses their job. No one cares anymore. Just like friends of coal t shirts faded out of style, so will people giving a damn when a mine lays off.
Anybody who has a heart and has empathy for other people, will care if another mine lays off, because it means lots of people, just like you and me, are losing their jobs.And if coal completely goes, there will be a LOT more ppl besides miners losing their jobs. Do you care about them? And allow me to educate you on something. I happen to work in the main office of a major coal company and the "market" being flooded, as you call it, has very little to do with the recent layoffs. and 200 big, younger, stronger men for every job? hardly! for every 20 men that apply for a job there might be 2 out of that will pass a drug test or actually qualify for the job. And most of these 20 year olds will apply, thinking of the big money, saying to themselves "how hard can it possibly be' I'll do it for 25-30 dollars an hour", and usually after about the second paycheck, sometimes even after just the first, these younger, stronger types will quit. like I said, I work in the main office of a coal company, and my husband was a miner for 35 years, and ppl don't realize how hard the job is. And you'll also see just how badly EVERYONE IS AFFECTED if coal is out for good, believe me.
Marcus

Lexington, KY

#32 Jan 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you're right... I have seen the error of my ways. We don't need MSHA, but why stop there? Lets go ahead and get rid of OSHA too? Hell I trust my boss, so much that I trust them to keep my equiptment safe and not to put me in harms way. But lets not stop there. Lets just get rid of the whole department of public health while we're at it? I trust McDonald's not to put dog meat in their hamburgers, I trust hospitals to keep themselves clean. Lets get rid of the FDA too? I mean big pharma companies are trustworthy... They wouldn't sell me medicine that doesn't work right? I can trust people to do what they say.
It's sad you idiots are bitchin about msha and they probably just saved your life.
Us know, I understand what you're trying to say, but on the other hand, msha has a certain quota they have to meet each month, and they can get a little ridiculous! let me give you an example. at the last mine I worked at, we had 5 BATHROOM violations. yep, bathroom violations. not for bad plumbing or anything, although that would have NOTHING to do with safe mini g anyway, but these were written for the office bathroom outside the mine. one was for excessive soap on the mirror,another for the garbage being too full, then there was one that said the sink needed to be cleaned. really? you have coal miners coming out from underground all day long, black with coal dust, and washing their hands. what are the chances youre gonna get the sink dirty? duh! and like I said, none of these have anything to do with mine safety anyway. they DO get a little ridiculous and try to meet quota deadlines. what they dont understand is that if there are no mines to inspect, there wont&#12288;be any inspectors either.
really

Georgetown, KY

#33 Jan 2, 2013
Is teco really shutdown??? I heard they laid off most but are still operating.
ohmy

New Hope, VA

#34 Jan 4, 2013
such whining over the poor old over worked fed mine inspectors. they only work 4 days a week because they can't figure out how to get in enough time to take off thurdays give them a break how would the rest. and stores get by with out them hanging around a hour or two in the morning. they can only work 2 mayb 3 hours a day then they have to go back to the office to talk about how they write 10 or 20 citations for violation they observe in the fireboss book. maybe if they had gotten underground on that day they could have issued 40 or more. They will be back on the next day and after inspecting the surface areas of an undergroung mine and another 10 or 12 citations writen for violations observed they go back to the office and talk somemore about saving somemore poor coal miners. Now it the 3rd (you"ll are keepin up with the time arent you?)day and here they come again. Now we put on our coverall and what to every one surprise we can't get a ride so we crawl the first belt line now we are for real. shut the mine down for float coat, coal dust and loose coal allowed to accumulate from a black paper thin layer to 14 inches of loose coal in serveral places along the no 1 belt conveyor. the accumulation are damp to wet. mark it ss and 15 person affect moderate neg. now we can really brag we just closed the mine and left. red tagged call me when you get it fixed. Never stop themselves and ask who was the last MSHA inspecto to inspect that belt line do they. You"ll have a nice sparkley day now.
concered

Hyden, KY

#35 Jan 4, 2013
you people talking against coal mines make me sick, just wait till the mines lay off all the workers see what happens then, walmart will have to close plus other business places, all will be left will be people on socal security if they don't cut it out and u people on ssi and welfare & food stamps, now save a lot might stay in business because they have cheaper prices and perry co won't be getting money from leslie and other counties because they won't have it to spend so just keep saying your smart stuff about coal mines u will see what will happen when they all shut down then u will be crying when u can't get a job to feed your families and pay your bills, but i got a feeling the ones that put coal miners down probably get a check every month that people that does work pays in for you
trojan

Manchester, KY

#36 Jan 5, 2013
really wrote:
Is teco really shutdown??? I heard they laid off most but are still operating.
heard teco was having another layoff soon. damn whats this country coming too
trucker

London, KY

#37 Jan 5, 2013
ohmy wrote:
such whining over the poor old over worked fed mine inspectors. they only work 4 days a week because they can't figure out how to get in enough time to take off thurdays give them a break how would the rest. and stores get by with out them hanging around a hour or two in the morning. they can only work 2 mayb 3 hours a day then they have to go back to the office to talk about how they write 10 or 20 citations for violation they observe in the fireboss book. maybe if they had gotten underground on that day they could have issued 40 or more. They will be back on the next day and after inspecting the surface areas of an undergroung mine and another 10 or 12 citations writen for violations observed they go back to the office and talk somemore about saving somemore poor coal miners. Now it the 3rd (you"ll are keepin up with the time arent you?)day and here they come again. Now we put on our coverall and what to every one surprise we can't get a ride so we crawl the first belt line now we are for real. shut the mine down for float coat, coal dust and loose coal allowed to accumulate from a black paper thin layer to 14 inches of loose coal in serveral places along the no 1 belt conveyor. the accumulation are damp to wet. mark it ss and 15 person affect moderate neg. now we can really brag we just closed the mine and left. red tagged call me when you get it fixed. Never stop themselves and ask who was the last MSHA inspecto to inspect that belt line do they. You"ll have a nice sparkley day now.
These coal miners must just tell that inspector you are going to cause us to loose our job, And if you dont back off we are going to take you in our on hands and deal with you, You dont cause another miner to loose everything that they have just because you work for the gov and are brain washed,You stop it know mister or else, We wil come to your house, Or we will protest at your gov office and let the world know what you are donig, And we will stop you or war will erupt.
really

Hindman, KY

#39 Jan 5, 2013
Just sad that people are laughing about all the men and women losing their jobs! So many people are gonna lose everything! What is funny about that? And to the ones that are laughing, what if it was you? But by the way it sounds that wouldn't bother you! It's just pathetic!
Lol

Perryville, AR

#40 Jan 5, 2013
really wrote:
Just sad that people are laughing about all the men and women losing their jobs! So many people are gonna lose everything! What is funny about that? And to the ones that are laughing, what if it was you? But by the way it sounds that wouldn't bother you! It's just pathetic!
Good joke!

Hah
I know

Manchester, KY

#41 Mar 1, 2013
Msha is afraid of teco! Why else would they come to wash plant and put sound and dust meters on men and allow shanon (the super there) to make the men with them on stay in controller room? If msha stays there he shuts plant down . Everyone there knows plant is way out on noise readings . Way to loud in plant. But NO ONE CARES !! Feel sorry for the plant men who will be deaf in retirement for those people who just don't care. That's the teco way screw the working men as long as upper mangement gets the cash.
I know

Manchester, KY

#42 Mar 1, 2013
Plant super told me one time that msha ( including Marvin Hoskins ) was afraid to say much!!
I know

Manchester, KY

#43 Mar 1, 2013
Msha will never shut teco down they get paid to much.
Sammy

London, KY

#44 Mar 1, 2013
Boy old Perry County Coal company is hurting now with all the mild winters and all!. Better luck next time Perry County Coal company, you're going to need it!!!!!...
moochersdontcare

London, KY

#45 Mar 2, 2013
Oh Please wrote:
Really>>> A grown man will whine when it comes to loosing their home, car, & no way to feed & cloth their children. A real man will worry about things like that. I for one worry for them, I do not like to see anyone loose their job. A lot of people r so jealous of coal miners making a good living, it tickles them to see every one loose their job. Do u realise rail roads r going to have to lay off to? These times r getting scary.
This is soo true, the ones who are on here, making these comments are the ones who kiss obamas ass and draw a check. Who do they think is paying for all their freebies, the working man. It is sad when someone who wants to work and loses their job is concerned about it the check drawing low lives are the ones saying they are whiners. Go get a job and you won't have time to bully coal miners. Pay your taxes instead of drawing off of the rest of us. That is what is wrong with this country, to many moochers and not enough workers, well you better be nice to the workers, because when they stop paying taxes, you may have to get out of bed and go to work.
Porky

Manchester, KY

#46 Mar 3, 2013
I don't care what msha does as long as I don't have to work because of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min Bob Marley 161,170
kelly joe(doodle) in eastern pines (Dec '10) 33 min Jen 9
John Paul 1 hr Truth 2
Kristi Woolum preg 1 hr The Real Yeti 3
People who voted for Trump 1 hr Holly Fletcher 199
Short Men (Aug '16) 1 hr Betty Jo 399
Looking for a Church to attend 2 hr Plethora 2
Drugs, it's a choice NOT a disease 4 hr Lady 75
MISSING: Maudie Smith 2/22/2017 8 hr Friend 62

Hazard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages