Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201885 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#138513 Apr 29, 2012
MerryMarauder wrote:
<quoted text>That's because now we don't hide under the disguise of heterosexuality and demand our equal rights. And that pisses you guys the hell off. You would treat us right though if we'd just shut up, accept our lot in life, and blended in as a hetero...hah...yes because you wouldn't even know who or where we are to mistreat. It's our fault for not being what you think we should be and that gives you people the right to mistreat us, riiiiight.
nobody asks you to hide fool..........LOL

But just respect decency laws

There is a certain part of the gay community that sees nothing wrong with what happens at the gay pride parade
Public sex acts and nudity are common and even as it is not legal gays want to force it onto the normal people

Until the police cleaned up the blue chairs beach ever parent that had children would tell them to stay away from that area even at 9 am in the morning

Parents were forced to tell their children that gays are dangerous and should be avoided
Like the perverts on the cruise ship many would expose them self to young children and families just to be different

That created a whole new generation that will hate the gay community
And now anything more than a quick kiss on the cheek will get the attention of the police

If the gay community had come together and held members to the same standards straight people have in public then things would be different

But the gay community defended the two perverts that were on the cruise ship and all that did was once again cause your movement more harm

“Facts”

Location hidden

#138514 Apr 29, 2012
the original curious cat wrote:
<quoted text>the problem is your small minded minority is trying to set the rules for the rest of tolerant society. you're in the minority. you're trying to stomp on my rights. from gay marriage to birth control to what i can and cannot wear.

go live in some corner of the world where we don't have to hear you and leave people alone to enjoy life and be happy.
first of all I am for a woman's right to chose and for equal rights for gays

But if I was as you suggested conservative on all issues then in fact I would be part of the majority
Google it..........LOL

Now back to this issue......
People do things at a gay parade that is against common decency laws

We don't want to see gays or straight people having sex in public

We don't want to see people walking around naked

We don't want to hear people cussing like a sailor

You are the one stomping on my rights
All we ask is that you follow the same laws that straight people are suppose to follow

Supporting two perverts that were purposefully exposing themselves to children on the cruise ship is stomping on my rights to not have my children see something like that
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#138515 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is a whole different issue from the one we were discussing.
Did you get confused, or were you trying to confuse?
No it isn't.
Remember you asked me to explain what I posted because you weren't able to understand, that maybe why you think its a different isssue. If you go back and read it again with the new knowledge you should be able to see it is the same issue.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138516 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you one of those who brought up the cinderella effect.
I'm not going back to find out but I'm sure you did, and you don't know how to get to the site.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_effect
You are right, I did.

However, you claimed the studies were only about abusive step-parents. That's why I challenged your source.

Here is the first line from YOUR source;

"The Cinderella effect is a term used to describe the observed, in many but not all studies, significantly higher rate of stepchildren being physically abused, emotionally abused, sexually abused, neglected, murdered, or otherwise mistreated at the hands of stepparents than at the hands of their genetic parents."

It clearly refers to all step parents.

You are either a liar or stupid. Which is it?
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#138517 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all I am for a woman's right to chose and for equal rights for gays
But if I was as you suggested conservative on all issues then in fact I would be part of the majority
Google it..........LOL
Now back to this issue......
People do things at a gay parade that is against common decency laws
We don't want to see gays or straight people having sex in public
We don't want to see people walking around naked
We don't want to hear people cussing like a sailor
You are the one stomping on my rights
All we ask is that you follow the same laws that straight people are suppose to follow
Supporting two perverts that were purposefully exposing themselves to children on the cruise ship is stomping on my rights to not have my children see something like that
And once again you are stereotyping the whole for the few incidents of the minority! And yeah,sure,right,whatever you say,we can tell you're in favor of equal rights for gays! LOL,I got a bridge to sell you also! LOLOLOL

“Facts”

Location hidden

#138518 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, I did.

However, you claimed the studies were only about abusive step-parents. That's why I challenged your source.

Here is the first line from YOUR source;

"The Cinderella effect is a term used to describe the observed, in many but not all studies, significantly higher rate of stepchildren being physically abused, emotionally abused, sexually abused, neglected, murdered, or otherwise mistreated at the hands of stepparents than at the hands of their genetic parents."

It clearly refers to all step parents.

You are either a liar or stupid. Which is it?
he is both

Location hidden

#138519 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
he is both
That's the facts, LOL
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#138520 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody in there right mind would not say that the abnormals have tried to change the meaning of the word in the last 40 years
Get any dictionary printed before the middle 60s and it was clearly between a man and woman
Marriage has always been between a man and a woman, that is the issue that I was talking about. If there has only been one marrage that wasn't between heterosexual then it hasn't always been between them.
The issue wasn't when the definition of marrage had a add on to include homosexuals.
It wasn't tried, it was changed, look in any new dictionary.
The meaning of words have change through out the history of the world. Because you don't like the new add ons to words doesn't change the fact that they have changed.
Even in the early 19century there were more than one meaning of the word marriage, it also means a ceremony, a union between two objects.
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#138521 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a big list with some stretched generalizations Joe...
I'll go slowly, look up elephants see who rasies the young until they are old enough to go out on their own.
After you find that one out, maybe I'll give you another one.
Sure there are some animals that the male helps raise, even some where the male does it all, but mostly you find that the female does most of the raising.

Location hidden

#138522 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has always been between a man and a woman, that is the issue that I was talking about. If there has only been one marrage that wasn't between heterosexual then it hasn't always been between them.
There has never been a marriage that wasn't between a hetro couple.

There have been a few that claimed such a thing, but everyone knows that's silly.

Remember the fable, The Emperor's gay partner, and the kid who said, "they aren't married!"

Location hidden

#138523 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go slowly, look up elephants see who rasies the young until they are old enough to go out on their own.
Sure there are some animals that the male helps raise, even some where the male does it all, but mostly you find that the female does most of the raising.
And the human animal?
Here Is One

Nayarit, Mexico

#138524 Apr 29, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>And once again you are stereotyping the whole for the few incidents of the minority! And yeah,sure,right,whatever you say,we can tell you're in favor of equal rights for gays! LOL,I got a bridge to sell you also! LOLOLOL
thanks for making my point

There is part of the gay community less than half that are just normal people
They will got to dinner with their partner and people will know they are gay but they are not clamming and forcing there lifestyle onto everyone else in the restaurant

Then we have the majority of the gay community that sees nothing wrong with what goes on at a gay pride parade

Puerto Vallarta was and still is known for its large gay population but today they are policed harder than the straight community as they just went to far

Well if you have ever read any of my post you would know that as a libertarian I think a woman should have the right to chose and what you do in your bedroom is of no concern to me

I have too gay people working in my call center there partners come by almost every day.
We supply meals and pool breaks for all employes and families
We have day care also and nobody has a problem with them in the pool or with their children and most of the people that work for me are conservative and Christian as I do not allow any visible tattoos, piercing of any kind on men and ear rings only for lady's
No unnatural hair colors no talk of sex or foul mouths

My point is we know they are gay but they don't act. Any different then we do
Here Is One

Nayarit, Mexico

#138525 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage has always been between a man and a woman, that is the issue that I was talking about. If there has only been one marrage that wasn't between heterosexual then it hasn't always been between them.
The issue wasn't when the definition of marrage had a add on to include homosexuals.
It wasn't tried, it was changed, look in any new dictionary.
The meaning of words have change through out the history of the world. Because you don't like the new add ons to words doesn't change the fact that they have changed.
Even in the early 19century there were more than one meaning of the word marriage, it also means a ceremony, a union between two objects.
yes we marry a bearing and a shaft but that is not the meanings we are talking about

Until the abnormals tried to change this
Meaning of marriage it was always between a man and woman
the original curious cat

Santa Cruz, CA

#138526 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Joe. young monkeys are often raised by males. there are gay monkeys too. some species don't even fit into your dichotomy of male/female. before you start analogizing from the animal world, study science better.

you're just projecting your prejudices onto the animal world.
Joe Fortuna

Mckinleyville, CA

#138527 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, I'm surprised your logic hasn't been published! Surely you have a book out somewhere! Please, share!
Here is some more history. Gays have been present in every culture, at about the same rate. And yes, they have tried to marry.
The profound thing is that gay 'marriage' has NEVER been accepted. You can't blame it on Christians, it means that everyone was a bigot up til now, OR every culture has recognized the difference between marriage and gay couples. AND they recognize that something is wrong when same sexes are attracted.
Kind of funny, I've seen a lot of homosexuality painted on ancient walls, those paintings seem to suggest it was accepted in some cultures. Even the egyptians had them painted on their walls, and even in tombs.
When you take in to consideration the length of time that book god believers have been in control of what is writing in history, and their record of destroying things that don't fit their beliefs, finding as much as they have is amazing.
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#138528 Apr 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There has never been a marriage that wasn't between a hetro couple.
There have been a few that claimed such a thing, but everyone knows that's silly.
Remember the fable, The Emperor's gay partner, and the kid who said, "they aren't married!"
The emperors partner? Are you talking about(GAY) King James and his own personally revised bible? And sorry to inform you of this but there are over 18,000 LEGAL marriages between same sex couples in California alone and I have no doubt 10's of thousands others in the 6 states where it is now LEGAL and with Maryland and Washington soon to follow! Gee,I guess denial isn't just a river in Eygpt is it! You just stated another BOLD faced lie! Maybe Mass.(8 years legal there now) recently fell into a lake of fire but I haven't heard about it yet! LOL
George

United States

#138529 Apr 29, 2012
George is coming to Fontana, California?

Location hidden

#138530 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of funny, I've seen a lot of homosexuality painted on ancient walls, those paintings seem to suggest it was accepted in some cultures. Even the egyptians had them painted on their walls, and even in tombs.
When you take in to consideration the length of time that book god believers have been in control of what is writing in history, and their record of destroying things that don't fit their beliefs, finding as much as they have is amazing.
Other than exposing your bigotry and stupidity again, do you have a point?
Here Is One

Nayarit, Mexico

#138531 Apr 29, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of funny, I've seen a lot of homosexuality painted on ancient walls, those paintings seem to suggest it was accepted in some cultures. Even the egyptians had them painted on their walls, and even in tombs.
many Romans were openly gay but they did not get married..........LOL
Winston Smith

Highland, MD

#138532 Apr 29, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
marriage was always between a man and a woman until the abnormals tried to change the meaning
Women were happy to get equal rights but did not try and change the word man to include them
Blacks were happy to get equal rights but did not try and change the word white to include them
And yes our vote does count as our vote determines what judges sit on the bench
Calling a woman a man carries no benefit. OTOH a gay couple getting married legally carries a rather long laundry list of benefits. When you've got an actual point get back to us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayward Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford of Dublin gone! (Aug '08) Dec 12 Enrique Valdez 22
Peninsula/SF commuter? Want Real Estate License... Nov 27 College of San Mateo 1
Peninsual Commuter? Want a Real Estate license... Nov 22 College of San Mateo 1
Shooting in Ghetto San Leandro Bayfair Mall. Su... (Aug '14) Nov 18 missvicious510 6
News California dominates in new list of best cities... Nov 15 A Friend Called Vibe 3
News OAKLAND / Boy, 15, dies after drive-by shooting (Jan '06) Nov '17 Kosa 384
What are the names of the different gangs in Ha... (Jun '10) Nov '17 titodboy 260

Hayward Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hayward Mortgages