Man dies in Antioch shooting

Man dies in Antioch shooting

There are 43 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Aug 27, 2006, titled Man dies in Antioch shooting. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A 19-year-old Hayward man was fatally shot early today in front of an apartment complex in Antioch, police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
KHALI Hayward 510

United States

#1 Aug 30, 2006
R.I.P. LIL JERM THAT POTRERO HILL CUTTHORWT. You family 2 me bruh bruh. Ill see you at the gates cutty.
Be easy my nig.
noone at the bridge

Pittsburg, CA

#2 Sep 17, 2006
Another murder? How many of these do we have to have before this stops? I think this year will top all other years of homicides in Antioch. I wish the people who do these crimes would move back to Oakland or Richmond. Sorry about your friend btw.
noone at the bridge

Pittsburg, CA

#3 Sep 17, 2006
wait, this was something I read about already
SHAQUEOIA BROOKS

Hayward, CA

#4 Dec 8, 2006
MAN R.I.P JERM ITS QUEOIA MAN HIS LIL SISTER M.N.B BITCH
lil cuz

Pleasant Hill, CA

#5 Jan 4, 2007
thats some shit told y'all the yoc is comin up
Queoia F Baby

Hayward, CA

#6 Jan 12, 2007
Yeah,I Do Miss Yu Bra But Dont Trip Im Here N Hayward Holdin Shit Down And I Got You Forreal Fareal Me and Yo baby bra holdin it down all us mnb`s is love ya
WAFFLE F_ BABY

Hayward, CA

#7 Feb 2, 2007
RIP JERM MAN ON ARYTHANG BRUH WE MISS CUZ IMMA SEE YOU IN DEM GATES 1 MO TIME YOU HEARD ME!!!!
Snitch

United States

#8 Aug 14, 2007
I’m a black Antioch resident for the last couple of years. I must say there is defiantly a difference from when I first moved in. I do some work for the city so I have some insight, but first I must say that I don’t want sec 8 in my neighborhood, or Antioch, but it looks like its here to stay. My wife & I work hard to pay our HIGH house payment, mello roos, taxes, & association fees. I am pretty sick of watching a couple of families on my street defraud sec 8. Driving escalades, living in expensive houses, & not working at all. It really pisses me off, I have reported them several times, to several different agencies, & made some head way. I will put links on my post for you guys to use. You need to report every little thing 10 times but it will work.
Now I have worked for all kinds of cities, & counties around the bay area. Obviously most recently Antioch. I see reports, over here people talking, & have been involved in several heated discussions my self. So I know all the other statistics on this form are wrong. This is as close to the real stats as your going to get. there are 3000 sec 8 families in Antioch this is a low estimate for the public, but for county funding purposes they list about 5000. Now the average sec 8 families have 3 children, & 2 adults for a grand total of 25000 sec 8 people in Antioch. A quarter of the population in our city. Now as far as break down goes 69% are listed as being of African American descent, 24% White, & 7% listed as other, I’m sorry but that is the truth.
Now you guys are almost asking the right questions to your city officials. You need to ask more about the County giving taxes breaks to owners of houses that rent to sec 8. They don’t pay property taxes, mello roos, and homeowner association fees. That all cost me about $9,100 a year. Then ask your city officials about the funding they get from the county, state, & even the federal government for having a certain amount of sec 8, or even minorities, in there city, county, state, ect. The city say they are doing something about it but if they actually do they will start to lose funding in certain areas. Take DVH, last year they listed to the public that there was 3400 kids, the real number was 3800. Estimate for next year 4200, they will probably list to the public 3600. They don’t tell you that about 1000 of them don’t even live in Antioch. No not Oakland, or Richmond you’re blaming the wrong cities, its Pittsburgh. There have been a lot of complaints about this, but the city looks the other way if those kids were kicked out the Antioch school dist. would lose about $250,000 that’s not a type-o. But there was a problem those kids brought down the test scores, so they lossed some funding any way, but they compensated with cramming more kids into the school. So be a snitch, and rat on everybody. Go to the meetings ask the hard questions. Use the links.

http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CommentForms/neig...

http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CityGov/Police/SU...

http://www.contracostahousing.org/Documents/A...
Snitch

United States

#9 Aug 14, 2007
Snitch

United States

#10 Aug 14, 2007
By the way people they think that in a city of 100,000 to have a few hundred people complaining, or showing up complaining at these quality meetings is a joke. If only a few hundred are complaining they think its not that bad, just a few malcontents. You have to call, email, and show up at the meetings. They cant over look 10s of thousands, now can they?
Sunshine Love

Healdsburg, CA

#11 Dec 28, 2008
Antioch,Suisun,Concord and Vallejo are becoming the warzone like Oakland,Richmond, San Francisco and Sacramento. Young people are out of dam control, where the hell are the fathers?
Drugs and Gangs have taken over.
Sunshine Love

Healdsburg, CA

#12 Dec 28, 2008
Snitching can save someone in your family's life. Snitch and get rid of the trouble makers.
media lies

Oakland, CA

#13 Dec 31, 2008
I keep telling you people this is a scam by real estate groups who want to rid trouble families in the bigger Cities like Oakland and San Francisco so those big cities can redevelope the projects into high price condos. They purposly moved these troubled families farther away from Jobs making those families permanent dependents on HUD so these same families will never get off of section 8. Then, when a huge rise in crime starts to pop up in Antioch as it has, the natural thing is to suspect those thousands of families who moved in at the same time which is Section 8. If these people's children are used to a life of crime, they're going to live that same life style out here in the suburbs. But if you point that out, you're a racist. You're a racist because the majority of the people on section 8 from Oakland, Richmond and San Francisco are black. If this was the midwest, those same people causing the trouble would most likely be white or hispanic. But we don't live in the midwest. We live in around the city of Oakland were Whites are a minority. The funny thing is it wasn't just whites complaining about this increase in crime. It's black families and hispanic families and asian families. Who's at fault here? The corporate guys behind this scam to make money by knocking down old HuD apartment complexes and replacing them with business parks and or High rise condos priced in the millions. We got scammed. This is all a scam and to keep our mouths shut, they call us racist. The whole thing is a joke. And it seems the media isn't helping out by telling only one side of the "truth". Everyone here should make it their goal to find out where these people moved from, then go to those neighborhoods and find out what is replacing their former place of residency. I bet anything many of those buildings or homes are either being renovated or torn down.
Dr Robert Branson

San Pablo, CA

#14 Dec 31, 2008
KHALI Hayward 510 wrote:
R.I.P. LIL JERM THAT POTRERO HILL CUTTHORWT. You family 2 me bruh bruh. Ill see you at the gates cutty.
Be easy my nig.
More proof we are becoming a nation of illiterates!
Dr Robert Branson

San Pablo, CA

#16 Dec 31, 2008
Queoia F Baby wrote:
Yeah,I Do Miss Yu Bra But Dont Trip Im Here N Hayward Holdin Shit Down And I Got You Forreal Fareal Me and Yo baby bra holdin it down all us mnb`s is love ya
Don't you just love Ebonics?
never ending blight

Oakland, CA

#17 Dec 31, 2008
Off topic a bit But I thought Winter was a safe time in Antioch because it's too cold to be mean but I guess I was wrong. 2 shootings in one week. I thought we would make it through the year with less then half of the last 2 year's homicide rates. I guess we're at least up to 10 this year. Please take your violence and move someplace else where you thugs can just kill each other off. They should build a compound and hand these punks all the weapons they can carry and just off each other. Seriouslly.. just die off already and stop hurting the innocent people around you. I'm sick and tired of these pieces of ****
Bubba

San Pablo, CA

#18 Jan 1, 2009
Meanwhile that cultural rot called "hip hop" continues to glorify gangs and turds with legs punks just as it condones every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder. Great message for impressionable youth eh?

Good points about Section 8 people destroying good neighborhoods too. I have no objection at all to helping people out who need it but there seems to be a sizable minority of those who live in subsidized housing who can't behave civilly no matter where they live. Several neighborhoods in San Leandro have been destroyed by welfare trash, the same people we moved to the suburbs to get away from. I don't know anybody who hasn't got a Section 8 horror story or two! Idaho looks better every day! I've never cared what color the people are who live next to me. I just want them to behave...which seems to be to much to expect nowadays! A sad commentary on life in the 21st Century!
never ending blight

Oakland, CA

#19 Jan 1, 2009
2 guys shot to death while another was shot on the following day. Don't think either are section 8 related since the guys shot seem to have been shot by 2 guys coming over to the house.

It seemed like things were calming down in this town then this happens. We also heard shots around the same time but our family lives miles away. I don't know how far a gunshot sound will travel. But lots of neighbors phoned it in from what dispatch said.

Antioch has always had problems but it's a huge difference between a domestic shooting vs random killing.**ck these little punks.
415 kumi

El Cerrito, CA

#20 Apr 10, 2009
Queoia F Baby wrote:
hate a yoch
Caffeine_Induced _Flight

Campbell, CA

#21 Apr 11, 2009
It's ANTIOCH. shut up with your stupid vernaculars

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayward Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake County Corrupt Cops (Jul '09) Nov 27 Lana norales 17
News Family Shocked to Find 56 Pro-Trump Flags on Fr... Nov 27 Lisa Stevenson 1
complaint re. east bay times newspaper Nov 26 CJW 1
9 males, including lawyer arrested for exploiti... Nov 23 openmind693 1
News Volunteer banned from Mt. Diablo school campuse... Nov 23 Rbalovich 1
What are the names of the different gangs in Ha... (Jun '10) Nov 22 TheGuy 248
News Lights out for cross on hill in Livermore (Apr '10) Nov 16 SpeakEasy 42

Hayward Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance