Pemiscott County Cemetery Information

Pemiscott County Cemetery Information

Posted in the Hayti Forum

Genealogy Mama

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2010
I'm on a search for my great-great grandparents, Richard "Dick" Johnson and Francis "Fannie" Coats Johnson. Family rumors state that they were buried in Missouri somewhere between Hayti and Caruthersville but I've had no luck in locating their graves.

They were living in Maury and Hickman Counties in Tennessee in the 1880's but after the birth of their youngest child in 1887, I can't locate any information on them. Some of their other children were married in the New Madrid area: Hattie Johnson married Oscar Braden in about 1898; William Johnson married Julia Ann Terry in 1899.

The strange thing about these two marriages - Hattie's sister, Mattie, signed as her guardian and William's brother, Sam, signed as his guardian. Where were their parents?

I've checked every website I can find and have had no luck. If anyone knows of a cemetery that has a record of Richard and Fannie, please let me know. I would deeply appreciate an answer to this huge family mystery.
Hope this helps

Valley Mills, TX

#3 Jan 3, 2010
Try this:
City of Hayti Five Seven Three...Three Five Nine...Zero Six Three Two

Pemiscot County Courthouse Five Seven Three...Three Three Three...Two Two Zero Four

City of Caruthersville Five Seven Three...Three Three Three...Two One Four Two
Genealogy Mama

Whitney, TX

#4 Jan 3, 2010
Thank you. I'll call tomorrow.

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jan 8, 2010
Try the pemiscot county historical society. You can get in touch with them by calling the caruthersville library.
JustaCitizen

United States

#6 Jan 12, 2010
There are two burial sites located outside those two towns that fit the description. One is very small, only a handful of plots. Very old. It is located on the north side of Hwy 84 between Hayti and Caruthersville across from the old Bad Bob's site. The other is out by the I-55 overpass on Hwy U. The access road is on Hwy U by the electric substation about a mile from the overpass.

Are you close by, if so you could drive out there and check them out. If not, maybe someone on here could check them for you.

Also check with the local funeral homes in both towns. They usually keep plot maps of the local cemetaries with the names of the people buried there.
car dearler

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jan 12, 2010
JustaCitizen wrote:
There are two burial sites located outside those two towns that fit the description. One is very small, only a handful of plots. Very old. It is located on the north side of Hwy 84 between Hayti and Caruthersville across from the old Bad Bob's site. The other is out by the I-55 overpass on Hwy U. The access road is on Hwy U by the electric substation about a mile from the overpass.
Are you close by, if so you could drive out there and check them out. If not, maybe someone on here could check them for you.
Also check with the local funeral homes in both towns. They usually keep plot maps of the local cemetaries with the names of the people buried there.
look
Genealogy Mama

United States

#8 Jan 12, 2010
I have a cousin who lives in Missouri and I will see if he can check them out. We've sort of made this a mission in our lives to locate our great great grandparents. I will also try to contact the funeral homes.

Thank you all so much for your information. I deeply appreciate all your help.
Randall Johnson

United States

#9 Oct 18, 2013
Genealogy Mama wrote:
I have a cousin who lives in Missouri and I will see if he can check them out. We've sort of made this a mission in our lives to locate our great great grandparents. I will also try to contact the funeral homes.
Thank you all so much for your information. I deeply appreciate all your help.
Hello! I just read your Fannie Coates/Richard Johnson posts. They are my gr-gr grandparents as well, through my gr grandparents William Johnson & Julia Ann Terry. I am interested in whether you have been successful in your hunt for their burial locations. I would like to share my info as well. Please e-mail me at rabatouille@yahoo.com
Thank you, Randall

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hospital 8 hr Sam 34
Hayti Hospital (Nov '17) 17 hr Easy 30
Ian wilson Fri jazzzminee 3
Anybody know this beach whale? Fri Guy 3
Paul Jordan May 23 FWI 5
Concerned May 23 Buttrrfly 1
funeral May 23 FWI 1

Hayti Jobs

Personal Finance

Hayti Mortgages