Who got fired?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wth

United States

#62 Mar 19, 2013
Ms Crabtree wrote:
<quoted text>A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot. Someone listening may not know the difference."
Then it sounds like to me that you should be taking your own advice! People like you make me understand why I have to teach my kid when they are doing their homework, because people like you don't have enough sense to be a teacher! You call kids chubby and morons! How you ever even got a degree, much less hired, is a mystery to me! Also, it sounds like you should have chosen a different profession if you don't have compassion or patience to deal with children! Go try arguing with the wall! Maybe you will win that one!
Ms Crabtree

Poplar Bluff, MO

#63 Mar 19, 2013
wth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it sounds like to me that you should be taking your own advice! People like you make me understand why I have to teach my kid when they are doing their homework, because people like you don't have enough sense to be a teacher! You call kids chubby and morons! How you ever even got a degree, much less hired, is a mystery to me! Also, it sounds like you should have chosen a different profession if you don't have compassion or patience to deal with children! Go try arguing with the wall! Maybe you will win that one!
Who said I was a teacher? Actually, I'm a
brain surgeon like Jethro. While you're teaching your kid(s)
you might also want to teach them about satire.
wth

United States

#64 Mar 19, 2013
Well then Ms. Brain Surgeon, I feel sorry for anyone who comes to you, because you are clearly uneducated and lack compassion! But we all know that you're lying! One day you're a teacher the next a brain surgeon! Hell, tomorrow you'll be an astronaut! Either way, just shut the fu¢k up, because your intelligence is highly lacking! Oh, and if you were a "brain surgeon" wouldn't you go by Dr. Crabtree? Also, I can see why you're a Ms. and not a Mrs., cause no one wants an uneducated lair!
Random Reader

Holcomb, MO

#65 Mar 19, 2013
catfish59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one crying. Teachers work five days a week (sometimes), every weekend off, every holiday off, spring break, winter break, summers off, insurance for their families, teachers can never get fired no matter how bad they are.
Yelp, I had teachers back when they cared for children and wanted the best for them. Now people only become teachers for the reason listed above. I'll crunch the numbers and let you know how much a teacher truly makes an hour. Paper work, really, what are they scared of.
Parents have already dope their children up for the teachers to "teach" them now.
What an A**hat! Teachers work 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They teach/babysit/counsel their students all day, when do you think they get the rest of their work done? I'll tell you! At home, between cooking dinner, cleaning house, spending time with their own families. I've yet to meet one of the "lazy" teachers everyone talks about. Our teachers should be treated with more respect. They are overworked, underpayed, and underappreciated. Why do people think that it is okay to pay athletes millions of dollars to play a game and pay teachers next to nothing? And just because school is out 3 months of the year, a teacher's job doesn't stop, they have to plan for the coming year, retrain, reeducate, some teach summer school, some work with the groups and teams that have summer programs.

Be thankful that some people choose to sacrifice and become teachers! Or your kids would probably be out on the streets, uneducated, unmonitored, and stealing someone's hard earned personal items.

Caruthersville, MO

#66 Mar 19, 2013
Random Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What an A**hat! Teachers work 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They teach/babysit/counsel their students all day, when do you think they get the rest of their work done? I'll tell you! At home, between cooking dinner, cleaning house, spending time with their own families. I've yet to meet one of the "lazy" teachers everyone talks about. Our teachers should be treated with more respect. They are overworked, underpayed, and underappreciated. Why do people think that it is okay to pay athletes millions of dollars to play a game and pay teachers next to nothing? And just because school is out 3 months of the year, a teacher's job doesn't stop, they have to plan for the coming year, retrain, reeducate, some teach summer school, some work with the groups and teams that have summer programs.
Be thankful that some people choose to sacrifice and become teachers! Or your kids would probably be out on the streets, uneducated, unmonitored, and stealing someone's hard earned personal items.
Thank you.
wondering

Saint Louis, MO

#67 Apr 5, 2013
Just wondering what you have to do to be tenured? Seen that paper and main da school must be desperate.

Ballwin, MO

#68 Apr 6, 2013
Guest wrote:
Wat school did this take place in??? As if our children dont go thru enough n life, REALLY? A special needs child or n e child for that matter wud b yanked away & placed n foster care if the parents had done this!! I hope the parents put her away for as long as possible & she can never b around children again!!! & if she has children of her own, they should b taken from her as well!!! Plz lord stop the insanity of non-compassion wn it comes to our children & elderly...It is so obvious that people pick professions on salary & not from the heart!!!
Man get a life. We used to get our asses paddled in school and then beat again when we got home from school if we acted up in school. Hell to hear it told every damn kid in school these days is special needs in some way or another. Drugged up so the parents dont have to deal with them at home. If you raised your own kids and disciplined them at home the teachers would not have to raise you kids for you. How did we ever survive before all you goody two shoes started interferring in the discipline of students and children in general for that matter. Damn it is not called abuse it is called discipline.
Ms Brain Surgeon

Poplar Bluff, MO

#69 Apr 6, 2013
wth wrote:
Well then Ms. Brain Surgeon, I feel sorry for anyone who comes to you, because you are clearly uneducated and lack compassion! But we all know that you're lying! One day you're a teacher the next a brain surgeon! Hell, tomorrow you'll be an astronaut! Either way, just shut the fu¢k up, because your intelligence is highly lacking! Oh, and if you were a "brain surgeon" wouldn't you go by Dr. Crabtree? Also, I can see why you're a Ms. and not a Mrs., cause no one wants an uneducated lair!
Exactly, what is an uneducated lair?
John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#70 Apr 6, 2013
I hope you don't mind if I interject my opinion.

The greatest asset we can have is a great teacher who really knows how to get through to the children an educate them.

Inversely, the worst liability we can have is to have a lazy teach who throws the information before the children, says "learn it or not, its up to you" and never tries to inspire and educate.

We know both sides of the coin exist. When I was in school, I remember the great teachers I had and I remember them by name even though it was 40 years ago. They were the ones who reached out and inspired me to learn. Of the rest, I remember one because he picked his nose in class and fell asleep while teaching. I remember one who was more interested interested in getting in the pants of other female teachers and it was rumored, the 18 year old seniors in the school. I remember one who got a raw deal for trying to help a student and save the life of a student. Regretfully he failed. That student was a good friend of mine and I miss her but I don't blame him for trying and failing.

Why were the bad teachers never fired? Tenure and the Union. The Union fights for the job every teacher. The good teachers need no one to fight for their jobs, they do their jobs. It is the bad ones......

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...

http://blog.timesunion.com/schools/firing-bad...

http://dailycollegian.com/2010/04/26/unions-p...

(Hey Catfish, there's the links you want)
parent

United States

#71 Apr 7, 2013
John Doe wrote:
I hope you don't mind if I interject my opinion.

The greatest asset we can have is a great teacher who really knows how to get through to the children an educate them.

Inversely, the worst liability we can have is to have a lazy teach who throws the information before the children, says "learn it or not, its up to you" and never tries to inspire and educate.

We know both sides of the coin exist. When I was in school, I remember the great teachers I had and I remember them by name even though it was 40 years ago. They were the ones who reached out and inspired me to learn. Of the rest, I remember one because he picked his nose in class and fell asleep while teaching. I remember one who was more interested interested in getting in the pants of other female teachers and it was rumored, the 18 year old seniors in the school. I remember one who got a raw deal for trying to help a student and save the life of a student. Regretfully he failed. That student was a good friend of mine and I miss her but I don't blame him for trying and failing.

Why were the bad teachers never fired? Tenure and the Union. The Union fights for the job every teacher. The good teachers need no one to fight for their jobs, they do their jobs. It is the bad ones......

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...

http://blog.timesunion.com/schools/firing-bad...

http://dailycollegian.com/2010/04/26/unions-p...

(Hey Catfish, there's the links you want)
I read your links and I just can't believe that the teacher my son has this year is gonna be there again next year. She is always late, I walk him in every morning and she is NEVER there and then sometimes I wait around and then they will put another teacher in there. Do I like this? NO. But what about that teachers class where are those kids? I have a lot of questions I would love to have answered. Last year my child's teacher almost never missed and was never late. I could see one day running late but every damn day. He never got in trouble because his teacher was always there and in the classroom. He comes home and tells me all kinds of stuff about his teacher and I just can not believe she would get by with this kind of behavior. I have also passed her on the road while he is supposed to be receiving instruction from her. Not during lunch and not during his activity time. I have also went and talked to the principal about this issue and she said that this teacher is under investigation but she's still there when she wants to be. I have another question, how many sick days do teachers get?
John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#72 Apr 7, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your links and I just can't believe that the teacher my son has this year is gonna be there again next year. She is always late, I walk him in every morning and she is NEVER there and then sometimes I wait around and then they will put another teacher in there. Do I like this? NO. But what about that teachers class where are those kids? I have a lot of questions I would love to have answered. Last year my child's teacher almost never missed and was never late. I could see one day running late but every damn day. He never got in trouble because his teacher was always there and in the classroom. He comes home and tells me all kinds of stuff about his teacher and I just can not believe she would get by with this kind of behavior. I have also passed her on the road while he is supposed to be receiving instruction from her. Not during lunch and not during his activity time. I have also went and talked to the principal about this issue and she said that this teacher is under investigation but she's still there when she wants to be. I have another question, how many sick days do teachers get?
I couldn't guess what was happening. I can offer a theory that the teachers covering your son class in morning might have planning time because their students are in an art or music class.
parent

Saint Louis, MO

#73 Apr 7, 2013
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't guess what was happening. I can offer a theory that the teachers covering your son class in morning might have planning time because their students are in an art or music class.
So is it fair that this is going on? That his teachers gets to show up when she wants to everyday?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is billy carleton (Nov '09) 2 hr Peggy 17
Police Dept 3 hr BLUELIVESMATTER 10
Flakka is the new bath salt 7 hr Jayjay 3
The truth of Buck & Sherry (Nov '12) 13 hr Rita M 5
Patty Anns Sat debbie 13
Where did Jenny Shelly go. I haven't seen her i... Sat Sissy 5
jacob welch (May '12) Jul 19 wow 14

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance