1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Feb 14, 2013

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Why are they letting them sell stuff at the school today? They are having a "yard sale" day at the school. You can set up and sell your used clothing and uniforms that your kids have outgrown. What is up with this?
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I hear they are thinking about turn the elementary school into a flea market on Fridays. You can rent a booth and the teacher and office will sale your stuff for you. That will be wonderful they do it for some and now their going to do it for everyone.
WhoCares

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I think this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Selling kids school clothes? Whatever happened to just donating to the needy. Sounds about like Caruthersville officials, always out to make a dollar.
What

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

So you are telling that they were not selling anything at school today? There were posts on Facebook that said they were. Who is right, since you know so much????? Here is one of them. Don't those teachers need to be teaching????
???????? will have some clothing and Jewlery on display today at the Trunk Show that is being held at the Caruthersville Elementary School from 9 until 1. The Boutique will be open from 1 until 5 today!!:)
Really

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

There was not a yard sale for everyone to bring their stuff or selling uniforms. And teachers get breaks and lunch so I you have a problem with something or have questions call and ask instead of talking about things you don't know about. If you know from Facebook that it was for a boutique why post it's a yard sale? Just trying to start crap.
What

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

So why do the teachers have to have stuff delivered to them? And why was not all the local businesses invited? Just one, or some from out of town. That is why this town is going to crap, because the town just caters to certain people. So do I need to call JJ and make an appointment to bring my crafts over there? And I do suppose you are a teacher since you know so much about it. Well, you need to watch your language because that is probably what you are teaching the kids. I though they weren't suppose to allow people in without security. Since they don't want parents walking their kids to class, because of security purposes
crazy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

It doesn't matter what the school does there is ALWAYS someone out there that wants to bitch about. I am sure that they had a pass to go into the school and were only allowed in certain parts of the school. If you wanted to know what was going on so bad why didn't you go up to the school and find out instead of starting a bunch of bs about it. You are just jealous because they didn't ask you to buy anything.
Hypocrites

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

That first amendment sure is a real b*tch isn't it. Cry more about people expressing how they feel.
Chevydriver

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I hear you can sale your stuff at the school in Caruthersville. I sell a lot of stuff on the yard sales and was wanting to bring a trunk load over there to sell. Who would you contact for this ? Any help would be appreciated. Do you have to live in the county or town for this flea market?
Really

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

No actually not a teacher or any association in the school I just know what is going on before I run my mouth.
What

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

crazy wrote:
It doesn't matter what the school does there is ALWAYS someone out there that wants to bitch about. I am sure that they had a pass to go into the school and were only allowed in certain parts of the school. If you wanted to know what was going on so bad why didn't you go up to the school and find out instead of starting a bunch of bs about it. You are just jealous because they didn't ask you to buy anything.
Well, if they just teach the kids(which is what my tax money is going for) I would have no qrip. There is no reason on earth to let someone in the school to sell something. They have time just like everyone else to go shop, and more than some people. I thought for security reasons they were not suppose to let all people in the school. How do they know when someone is going to flip out. What if one of them would have, who would have been responsible. They had no real reason to be in the school building anyway, it had nothing to do with school business, DID IT?
I did know what was going on, did they ask all the businesses in town if they wanted to have a TRUNK party? Oh, and we know what kind of parties they have at that school don't we?????
And no, I am not jealous I was not asked to buy anything. I ONLY buy name brand clothing, Sorry.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Some people never cease to amaze me. Teachers like other employees at a job get a lunch break, so therefore they can go and look at things. There have been others that have taken things to the school to sell. This was not a yard sale, it was new things and I am sure if you have a store and want to take the time to get off Topix and bring your stuff there, they will allow you to. As far as security, only those too lazy to walk to the office door are the ones bitching about having to get a visitor pass. School employee families have to get a visitor pass too before they are allowed to go to a classroom.
Grey

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

guest wrote:
Some people never cease to amaze me. Teachers like other employees at a job get a lunch break, so therefore they can go and look at things. There have been others that have taken things to the school to sell. This was not a yard sale, it was new things and I am sure if you have a store and want to take the time to get off Topix and bring your stuff there, they will allow you to. As far as security, only those too lazy to walk to the office door are the ones bitching about having to get a visitor pass. School employee families have to get a visitor pass too before they are allowed to go to a classroom.
VERY well said!! It never ceases to amaze me how many teacher haters there are who jump at the chance to stir the pot. As with any organization or business, there are flaws, but most of the teachers at that school work hard to teach our kids and make sure they are taken care of. I, for one, am glad my kids attend there. Those of you who hate it so much, here are some options for you - move, send your kids some place else, home school. I figure they'd be happy if you did one of those too.
boutique

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

This all boils down to the Boutique! If the items were there for the teachers and staff to purchase, why did they make a public statement! I do not have kids there, but would have a real big problem with this if I did! The everyday public has no business at the school, even with a pass! Parents and family should only be there incase of an emergency! The kids are their to learn! Every person in the school to buy stuff is a distraction! I don't see the problem with boutiques and crafts being set up for the staff and teachers, just make them agree not to announce it to the public! Keep the public sales at their place of business!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Why should the teachers be any different than anyone else? They could go to the boutique on their lunch hour, it doesn't have to be delivered to them. Was it pay week this week that they set it up. So it is fine for them to do it, just don't tell anyone? It is a place to teach, not do business. If the business wants business just do it in your own place.
Really

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Guest wrote:
Why should the teachers be any different than anyone else? They could go to the boutique on their lunch hour, it doesn't have to be delivered to them. Was it pay week this week that they set it up. So it is fine for them to do it, just don't tell anyone? It is a place to teach, not do business. If the business wants business just do it in your own place.
Teachers don't always get to leave during lunch. Also, it's not like this was some big hidden thing. Get over yourself. Everyone is always trying to do anything to go against our school system.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

IT IS A PLACE TO WORK!!!!!!!!
Not a place to shop. I am not against the school system. It is called working and teaching not playing. So get over yourself and teach the kids do your shopping on you out of work time like all of us "common folk" have to do.
crazy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

guest wrote:
IT IS A PLACE TO WORK!!!!!!!!
Not a place to shop. I am not against the school system. It is called working and teaching not playing. So get over yourself and teach the kids do your shopping on you out of work time like all of us "common folk" have to do.
Teachers do get a break...what do you want them to do?? Any suggestions? You people find anything and everything to gripe about. I don't see anything wrong with it. How long do you think they shopped all day... No prolly ten minutes of their twenty they get all day away from your kids. Get over it and quit being so damn jealous.
Where

Piggott, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

What's happened to a bunch of the post on here. They don't want people to know what goes on at the school? Everyone knows they played hide and seek. They hid real good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hayti Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hayti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••