Caruthersville Human Society signs papers on new location

Oct 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

After months of controversy with the Caruthersville City Officials, the Caruthersville Humane Society has found a new location to call home.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Lucky for Cville ... too bad for Hayti. Hope it works out, but I have my doubts. There are 2 sides to a story and plenty of blame to go around. But they will bust your city without very tight controls and oversight. Remember KW knows how to get in your pocket book before you know it.
true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

I'm afraid I have to agree. Lot of people telling me that they would like to help out but don't want to be involved because of her and all the drama that she is constantly drawing up.
sick n tired

Bell City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Seems the only people stirring up drama for KW and the HS are you lowlife Topix trollers. Get off your azz and do something positive and constructive for a change instead of talking bad about people who actually make a difference in your community and you'll be much better off. Everyone I know from Hayti is pretty happy to see KW and the HS come to town. Your loss Caruthersville. Better keep all your dogs put up or you might never see them again with the way AC operates there now.
mememe

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Well I guess the fired dog catcher must have done something wrong. They would have stuck by her otherwise. City does not care about the animals, and they don't have to. They are a pound. A pound doesn't have to care and all the taxpayers can breathe a sigh of relief until their animal goes missing. No harm no foul, they are moving on.
crazy circles

Hayti, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

my mama always told me "it's a dog's world son"and my dad always said with a bottle in one hand and a wrench in the other"if you can't hang with the big dogs then stay on the porch"i've always been confused about the whole dog thing.ruff!ruff!!
Just the Facts

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

sick n tired wrote:
Seems the only people stirring up drama for KW and the HS are you lowlife Topix trollers. Get off your azz and do something positive and constructive for a change instead of talking bad about people who actually make a difference in your community and you'll be much better off. Everyone I know from Hayti is pretty happy to see KW and the HS come to town. Your loss Caruthersville. Better keep all your dogs put up or you might never see them again with the way AC operates there now.
K(A)W has a long history of deceit and deception. Starting with Edna Mann of Carbondale. To bad she passed away Jan 1996. Just watch the cash, expenses etc !!!!!
slick

Marion, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

seems like we never had these problems when the shelter was located over by the city hall building. Im not sure who ran it then, may be the same people I just don't know. Certainly discouraging to see this turn out like it did regardless of who is at fault. so far i have only heard one side of the story. Im sure intentions were well on both sides sometimes things like this just happen. Good luck to everyone involved in the shelter. I know it is a very difficult operation to maintain. So,, instead of pointing fingers maybe we should just take a bag of dog food over and help the ones that this truly affects. The unwanted animals
such a shame

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

oh yes there were problems back then too. Mayor Sayre felt like she wasnt in control tried to shut it down and RIck Davis won mayor over her because of it
Face it she hates animals and most people who dont follow her orders
slick

Marion, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

such a shame wrote:
oh yes there were problems back then too. Mayor Sayre felt like she wasnt in control tried to shut it down and RIck Davis won mayor over her because of it
Face it she hates animals and most people who dont follow her orders
It is hard to come on here and get actual thoughts that arent skewed by people's venom towards mayor sayre. How long did Rick Davis last as mayor before Sayre was re elected? I don't live in Caruthersville, you just honestly don't know how good you have it when it comes to the mayoral office. I lived there for many years, now I live in tennessee and visit often. Our mayor and most of those around us have brought no new industry or community buildings. Please enjoy it because when she is gone someone that may not be as well off as her will be in office and may be looking out for something else besides the city's interest
Hellofolks

Fulton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

slick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to come on here and get actual thoughts that arent skewed by people's venom towards mayor sayre. How long did Rick Davis last as mayor before Sayre was re elected? I don't live in Caruthersville, you just honestly don't know how good you have it when it comes to the mayoral office. I lived there for many years, now I live in tennessee and visit often. Our mayor and most of those around us have brought no new industry or community buildings. Please enjoy it because when she is gone someone that may not be as well off as her will be in office and may be looking out for something else besides the city's interest
She hasn't brought any new industry. The lies told over this incident should awaken folks to the type of people we have running Caruthersville. I really don't care WHO runs the Humane Shelter. It seems to me it wasn't handled great by either side. It should never have gotten to this point. The only losers in this are the animals who are here through no fault of their own. A pound is a shameful thing to have in a town. It is a stopping point before an abused, abandoned or lost animal is put to death. Screw Sayre and her bobbleheads. People WILL remember this.

Oak Ridge, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

Hellofolks wrote:
<quoted text>She hasn't brought any new industry. The lies told over this incident should awaken folks to the type of people we have running Caruthersville. I really don't care WHO runs the Humane Shelter. It seems to me it wasn't handled great by either side. It should never have gotten to this point. The only losers in this are the animals who are here through no fault of their own. A pound is a shameful thing to have in a town. It is a stopping point before an abused, abandoned or lost animal is put to death. Screw Sayre and her bobbleheads. People WILL remember this.
The City is to blame for not listening when the hs told them their animal control officer was breaking the law. HS handled it right by going to the city first who in turn did nothing so they had to take matters into their own hands because they couldn't continue to stand by and watch what was happening. If you have a dog go missing please don't just sit there hoping it will come back, go out to the shelter and demand that they let you see if it is there. If no one is there go to city hall and demand they let you look at the shelter. They are supposed to be open to public, but I have never been able to catch anyone out there.You only have 7 days(if the city is upholding the law)to claim them before they are killed.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Caruthersville has a "HUMAN" society? Man I didn't know that.
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Hellofolks wrote:
<quoted text>She hasn't brought any new industry. The lies told over this incident should awaken folks to the type of people we have running Caruthersville. I really don't care WHO runs the Humane Shelter. It seems to me it wasn't handled great by either side. It should never have gotten to this point. The only losers in this are the animals who are here through no fault of their own. A pound is a shameful thing to have in a town. It is a stopping point before an abused, abandoned or lost animal is put to death. Screw Sayre and her bobbleheads. People WILL remember this.
And who remembers when Diane ordered all in the shelter put down because she was in a snit with the humane society. I think that was about 10 years ago

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
And who remembers when Diane ordered all in the shelter put down because she was in a snit with the humane society. I think that was about 10 years ago
Just because you say something like this doen't make it true. You want to take this situation and make it out to be one person's fault. Karol took a valuable donation to the HS and sold it for 2% of it's value to a relative. I have my proof. You get yours about Diane and we'll compare.
Raylan

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

I want to know what happened to the video! Mayor's office & PD claim it just disappeared into thin air. What are they hiding? I don't think we should let this rest until the video is made public! This is just another cover-up by Boss Sayre and her cronies. DEMAND accountability NOW!

Hayti, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

kw is someone to watch closely. she is not to be trusted in anyway. hayti beware of her. i think you might have made a mistake in letting her come to your town.
Raylan

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
kw is someone to watch closely. she is not to be trusted in anyway. hayti beware of her. i think you might have made a mistake in letting her come to your town.
KW does a great job with the Humane Society. Your focus instead should be on Diane Sayre and her idiot cronies. Boss Sayre needs to go.
Air Force E-9 an More

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

For the past many years has anyone noticed the 3 poor abused horses living in their aprx 75yd by 50 yd mud pig lot with nothing to eat. YOU can see them, actually just yesterday, trying to find little grass sprouts in the mud to eat. What is the phone number of a Local or County Prevention Of Cruelity to Animals Group who could go to EXIT # 74 on Highway 412 East (The exit for Cauthersville,Mo) and do a site investigation? DOES ANYONE BESIDES ME SEE THE ABUSE AND CARE???
Air Force E-9 an More

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Correct my post on th starving horses near the Cauthersville, Mo exit, SHOULD READ" At exit #74 on 412 West.

Navarre, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Air Force E-9 an More wrote:
For the past many years has anyone noticed the 3 poor abused horses living in their aprx 75yd by 50 yd mud pig lot with nothing to eat. YOU can see them, actually just yesterday, trying to find little grass sprouts in the mud to eat. What is the phone number of a Local or County Prevention Of Cruelity to Animals Group who could go to EXIT # 74 on Highway 412 East (The exit for Cauthersville,Mo) and do a site investigation? DOES ANYONE

BESIDES ME SEE THE ABUSE AND CARE???
NOBODY GIVES A DAMN IN THIS TOWN FOR ANIMALS, LEAST OF ALL THE MAYOR
AND HER TERRY RUSHING AND FRIENDS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Hayti Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hayti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hayti News, Events & Info