Can an employer charge a different pr...

Can an employer charge a different price for insurance for different people

Posted in the Hayti Forum

Needing help

Steele, MO

#1 Apr 22, 2013
Does insurance have to be a flat rate or are employeers allowed to make up different rates based on a persons pay scale?
Hahahaha

Farmington, MO

#2 Apr 24, 2013
I dont think they can discriminate.
fyi

United States

#3 Apr 24, 2013
It is the employers choice whether they do it as a standard rate for all... Or age based rate.
Reporter

Memphis, TN

#4 Apr 25, 2013
Needing help wrote:
Does insurance have to be a flat rate or are employeers allowed to make up different rates based on a persons pay scale?
Make up as in "lie" for you? Not catching this one my friend? Enlighten me.
Needing help

Steele, MO

#5 Apr 27, 2013
Can an employeer base pay on income? Like take a percent of your income like 3%. Everyone doesnt make the same amount of money so 3% of someone elses premium may be higher or lower than someone elses base on what you make.
help

Zurich, Switzerland

#6 May 3, 2013
Sure they can. They can charge anybody anything they want. They can say your ugly so they will charge you more. They can say they love you so charge less. It may be legal but that doesn't stop people or a group of people from suing the decision makers, committee members, or anyone else evolved. It may need to be done just to draw attention to the actions of the people who decide such things and the people involved in setting these things up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Harold (Mar '15) 3 hr Unavailable 8
who was the guy that shoot his self and why? 20 hr man 1
rentals? Sep 21 rentingsoon 1
Meeting a truck driver /in steele hayti holland Sep 20 Curious 2
Coroner Sep 17 Guest 1
david erwin Sep 17 missourisunshine 3
Want a black girlfriend Sep 17 tamela 3

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance