Bobby Neal (circa 1956)

Posted in the Hayti Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ben Dover

Kansas City, MO

#1 Jun 19, 2008
Hey Papadood! Great picture! I would love to know who these people are and where this was taken.(if you have that information)

“Not King James? Not Bible. ”

Since: Jun 07

Caruthersville

#2 Jun 20, 2008
That is my dad back there behind the boy singing at the mic. He is playing the big guitar. He was bad to the bone back in the day with that style of rock n roll. He was as good as any of the big guitarists at that time. Their band could have really went somewhere if they had wanted to. Papadood was very talented himself...and still is. I'm not 100% sure but I think this picture was taken at the old Brown Shoe building.

Since: Jul 07

Hayti, Mo. (now West Plains,)

#3 Jun 20, 2008
Ben,

The guy at the far left clapping his hands was a Brown Shoe employee. I never knew his name but he helped us get set up and coordinated the event. The guy behind Bobby Neal was Jerry Brantley, who taught Bobby Neal how to play. He was one of the best guitarists in the area in his day. The guy playing rhythm guitar was Junior Upchurch who was a deputy sheriff at the time. The guy on the drums in the back is old Papadood himself at the ripe old age of 16. This was the original Rockers band. Dean Wolf, Don Hinton and the bassist, Robert Burdine are not shown.
Wilma

Blytheville, AR

#4 Aug 18, 2008
papadood wrote:
Ben,
The guy at the far left clapping his hands was a Brown Shoe employee. I never knew his name but he helped us get set up and coordinated the event. The guy behind Bobby Neal was Jerry Brantley, who taught Bobby Neal how to play. He was one of the best guitarists in the area in his day. The guy playing rhythm guitar was Junior Upchurch who was a deputy sheriff at the time. The guy on the drums in the back is old Papadood himself at the ripe old age of 16. This was the original Rockers band. Dean Wolf, Don Hinton and the bassist, Robert Burdine are not shown.
Just to set the record straight, "Bobby Neal" learned his first few guitar chords from his father, Jessie Neal. From there on, he was very much self-tought. Music is still very much alive in the neal family. From Bobby's son,brother,and neices and nephews including one VERY talented nephew, Gordon Britt who toured playing lead guitar with Albert King and now lives in Manila, AR. The musical talent in this family is a gift from God.
Ben Dover

United States

#5 Aug 18, 2008
Cool. That's raw talent.
Family

Barnesville, OH

#6 Oct 11, 2008
Junior Upchurch was my uncle.
Guest

United States

#7 Oct 12, 2008
Junior Upchurch was my uncle.
Winston Upchurch

Pulaski, TN

#8 Oct 14, 2008
thats my dad on the right playing the guitar...if anyone knows of anymore pictures, I would love to have them. You can email me at goose38478@yahoo.com....Thanks for this one, it is GREAT!!!!!!
OH MY

Fredericktown, MO

#9 Oct 15, 2008
The man clapping his hands looks like Bobby Reno Sr.
Fergie

Duluth, MN

#10 Jan 1, 2009
Wilma wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to set the record straight, "Bobby Neal" learned his first few guitar chords from his father, Jessie Neal. From there on, he was very much self-tought. Music is still very much alive in the neal family. From Bobby's son,brother,and neices and nephews including one VERY talented nephew, Gordon Britt who toured playing lead guitar with Albert King and now lives in Manila, AR. The musical talent in this family is a gift from God.
Thanks Wilma, that is in line with what Bobby told me too. I was the co-pilot of Rick,s airplane and worked with him the last two years of his life. Bobby was a great friend and an incredbible musician.
I am glad to hear his son is also gifted. He would be so pleased. If you are in contact with Bobby,s sister Sammy Sue please say hi for me and give her my Email address. Thanks. Ferg
cindy deroy

Bernie, MO

#11 Jan 14, 2009
my mom betty howell brown went to school with sammie
rdbada393

Troy, MI

#12 Mar 2, 2009
Fergie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Wilma, that is in line with what Bobby told me too. I was the co-pilot of Rick,s airplane and worked with him the last two years of his life. Bobby was a great friend and an incredbible musician.
I am glad to hear his son is also gifted. He would be so pleased. If you are in contact with Bobby,s sister Sammy Sue please say hi for me and give her my Email address. Thanks. Ferg
Sammie was my high school sweatheart & we are very much in touch today. I will be seeing her in about 2 weeks when we go back to Ark.YOur email address isn't in our post & I don't know how to get it. We got info about this thread from Sammie's brother Jimmie. I will have her post a reply to you when I see her.
Angela

Bernie, MO

#13 Mar 2, 2009
Wilma wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to set the record straight, "Bobby Neal" learned his first few guitar chords from his father, Jessie Neal. From there on, he was very much self-tought. Music is still very much alive in the neal family. From Bobby's son,brother,and neices and nephews including one VERY talented nephew, Gordon Britt who toured playing lead guitar with Albert King and now lives in Manila, AR. The musical talent in this family is a gift from God.
Wilma, God has blessed your whole family including you with such a beautiful voice. Gordon is extremely good and his son is gonna be a star someday. Gordon let me hear some of Jake's music and i fell in love with it. He really needs to put that talent to good use. From playing to singing to writing his own music and only 18 this young man is going places and i hope his dad will be right by him because they both are so good. I ask Gordon about you often. I love you and miss you and hope you are doing good.
family too

Martin, TN

#14 Mar 3, 2009
Bobby is our family
Jimmy Neal

Martin, TN

#15 Mar 3, 2009
I will be posting later

Since: Mar 09

Union City, Tennessee

#16 Mar 3, 2009
Hey Fergie this is Jimmy Neal, Bobby's brother. I would like to email you sometime. Thanks for your friendship to Bobby, he sure was special!
Jimmy Neal

Martin, TN

#17 Mar 5, 2009
some reason I'm not abel to post,Jimmy
Jimmy Neal

Martin, TN

#18 Mar 5, 2009
The boy at the mike in the picture at top of forum is my brother ,12year old Bobby Neal, I have been trying to post some history about him several times but could not post it, sorry Jimmy
Sammie Sue Neal

Lake Charles, LA

#19 Mar 11, 2009
I am Bobby Neal's Baby sister. The day the photo above was made I was was burned severly at our home and was hospitalized for some time. My brother, Jimmy, worked at Brown Shoe for several years.

So nice to read all the comments. Fergie, so good to hear you are back in Minnasota. Hope Jan is doing well. My email is ssneal1952@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you and from Jan. As Jimmy posted, Thank You for being a true friend to Bobby. We Miss Him.
Samantha

Memphis, TN

#20 Apr 3, 2009
Fergie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Wilma, that is in line with what Bobby told me too. I was the co-pilot of Rick,s airplane and worked with him the last two years of his life. Bobby was a great friend and an incredbible musician.
I am glad to hear his son is also gifted. He would be so pleased. If you are in contact with Bobby,s sister Sammy Sue please say hi for me and give her my Email address. Thanks. Ferg
Hey FERG...it's Samantha Neal...Bobby's daughter!!!! I can't believe I found you. Mom and I were talking about you not to long ago. My email address is slneal8@aol.com. Please contact me when you can. Thanks for the comments about daddy.:) Love you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach 11 min JBC413 1
Vasectomies 18 min Jessica 1
little short man 21 min JuJu 1
who the snitches be 45 min guest 8
late nite sex at lions den? (Jan '09) 3 hr guest 160
really cindy d and randy r 8 hr wondering 1
Mike hall (Mar '10) Dec 25 old friend 8
Hayti Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hayti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hayti News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hayti

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:12 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:12PM
Indianapolis Colts Cap Season with Fitting AFC South Sweep
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
Yahoo! Sports 6:27 PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win
Bleacher Report 7:28 PM
Seahawks Clinch NFC's No. 1 Seed
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports