#80178 Apr 16, 2013
Urgh...this thread is lame

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#80179 Apr 16, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
My dearest Dawg, I would never tell you what to do with your time. You can waste you time any way you want. Since I am not an atheist I know exactly what you believe. I know you better enjoy your life now because it is the only heaven you will ever know. As I have said before (and I know it goes in one ear and out the other), the Bible was written by man INSPIRED by God. Think about it.........who would ever agree on what is true and what is not true if people were given that choice. It has to be true OR not true! I choose to believe it is true.....every word of it!
CHEERS!
You choose to BELIEVE, but belief in something does not make it true. It isn't an either or thing. Some of it is true, some of it is allegory, some of it is poetry. None of that changes the theology represented in the Bible. I don't understand how a Christian can claim such superiority and at the same time behave as if Christianity was so weak it would blow away. If your faith is strong and your belief in Christianity is strong, then most of what you post is superlative.
WHERE?

New York, NY

#80182 Apr 16, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>You blow a lot about what he should do so tell us oh brainless one. What could he have done to prevent this? What could Bush have done to prevent 9-11? Share your wisdom, it will take you all of one second. lol
Hahaha, where is "Licking" I bet it's a REAL nice town.

United States

#80183 Apr 16, 2013
When the walls.....

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#80184 Apr 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You choose to BELIEVE, but belief in something does not make it true. It isn't an either or thing. Some of it is true, some of it is allegory, some of it is poetry. None of that changes the theology represented in the Bible. I don't understand how a Christian can claim such superiority and at the same time behave as if Christianity was so weak it would blow away. If your faith is strong and your belief in Christianity is strong, then most of what you post is superlative.
You make an excellent point regarding the fragility of faith.....and NORTON is a poster child of dysfunctional doctrine. Obviously, the fear is admission of one inconsistency will inevitably lead to total collapse of the entire belief system.

The enigmatic NORTON can agree that mortals are not perfect, yet too perfect to ask questions...

United States

#80185 Apr 16, 2013
come tumbling DOWN!!
Guest3

United States

#80186 Apr 16, 2013
so lame
Guest1

United States

#80187 Apr 16, 2013
HERE'S YOUR SIGN
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#80188 Apr 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You choose to BELIEVE, but belief in something does not make it true. It isn't an either or thing. Some of it is true, some of it is allegory, some of it is poetry. None of that changes the theology represented in the Bible. I don't understand how a Christian can claim such superiority and at the same time behave as if Christianity was so weak it would blow away. If your faith is strong and your belief in Christianity is strong, then most of what you post is superlative.
Huh?????
I don't claim superiority nor behave that Christianity is weak. You make no sense to me. Most of what I post is superlative??? What does that mean? It is an either/or thing. You either believe the Bible or you don't. It cannot be part one way or the other. If only part of it is true, how would you know any of it is true? You can't ride the fence. I have heard other people say.....well, I don't believe Jonah was in the belly of a whale. Why not? Anything is possible with God.

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#80189 Apr 16, 2013
Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
You make an excellent point regarding the fragility of faith.....and NORTON is a poster child of dysfunctional doctrine. Obviously, the fear is admission of one inconsistency will inevitably lead to total collapse of the entire belief system.
The enigmatic NORTON can agree that mortals are not perfect, yet too perfect to ask questions...
You and Dan must be out of the same mold. You really make no sense. I agree we are not perfect. Why do you think I am too perfect to ask questions? What questions? I doubt either of you could answer them anyway. I suppose you are talking about the Bible. Like I have said before it's either all true or none of it is true. Can't ride the fence.

CHEERS!

United States

#80190 Apr 16, 2013
Dan is such an azz

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#80191 Apr 16, 2013
Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton is a "true believer." He doesn't require facts. He accepts the most outrageous stories as true. When pressed into a corner it is always God did it with magic while lording his supposed superior position over others.

He can't admit the possibility that much of the Bible is allegory intended to convey a message about good and evil, God, theology and morals. It doesn't have to be true in order to deliver that message. He ignores or fails to recognize inconsistencies that are glaringly obvious to those not hypnotized into believing anything they are told without question. Really, he is a good representative of his type. We are fortunate to have his expertise available here. Just don't let him know where his actual expertise lies.

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#80192 Apr 16, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?????
I don't claim superiority nor behave that Christianity is weak. You make no sense to me. Most of what I post is superlative??? What does that mean? It is an either/or thing. You either believe the Bible or you don't. It cannot be part one way or the other. If only part of it is true, how would you know any of it is true? You can't ride the fence. I have heard other people say..... well, I don't believe Jonah was in the belly of a whale. Why not? Anything is possible with God....
Sorry, "Norton." You are wrong when you say "Anything is possible with God."

If you truly believe that, show us by cutting off your right arm, and praying to God to replace it. You believe that is possible. Prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The green truck 7 hr Always knowing 1
rate my singing voice please! (Oct '12) 8 hr mwforever212 7
American Voting Guide 9 hr Fox and Friends 2
Early voting, so it begins.... 9 hr Yep 2
Tim McCrary 10 hr traveler 2
Searching for brother I've never met 10 hr traveler 2
Trash Service 12 hr CreamfTheCrop 4
Hayti Dating
Find my Match

Hayti Jobs