“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#78467 Mar 18, 2013
GOP the PARTY of SCARY wrote:
The GOP keeps shooting itself in the foot, then sticking that foot in their mouth, over and over and over again.
They won't " Get it, " until they are completely humiliated one more time.
This is getting quite fun.
hahahahahaha
It is fun, except for the fact that they will not cooperate in getting the economy moving again. In particular, the "Tea Partiers" are clueless to the point of being downright treasonous. They are responsible for the credit rating of these United States having been drug down by their refusal to generate some revenue to help balance the budget.

Any Republicans who have not recanted their signatures on the Norquist pledge should be held accountable at the polls.
Gun Grabbing Commies

Forsyth, MO

#78469 Mar 18, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Keep the wages down. So children can starve, families can go without healthcare, and "big business" can make more money! It's the "capitalist" way!
No compassion is good business!
A MINORITY VIEW: HIGHER MINIMUM WAGE
In his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama proposed raising the minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $9 an hour. That would be almost a 25 percent increase. Let's look at the president's proposal, but before doing so, let's ask some other economic questions.

Are people responsive to changes in price? For example, if the price of cars rose by 25 percent, would people purchase as many cars? Supposing housing prices rose by 25 percent, what would happen to sales? Those are big-ticket items, but what about smaller-priced items? If a supermarket raised its prices by 25 percent, would people purchase as much? It's not rocket science to conclude that when prices rise, people adjust their behavior by purchasing less.

It's almost childish to do so, but I'm going to ask questions about 25 percent price changes in the other way. What responses would people have if the price of cars or housing fell by 25 percent? What would happen to supermarket sales if prices fell by 25 percent? Again, it doesn't require deep thinking to guess that people would purchase more.

This behavior in economics is known as the first fundamental law of demand. It holds that the higher the price of something the less people will take and that the lower the price the more people will take. There are no known exceptions to the law of demand. Any economist who could prove a real-world exception would probably be a candidate for the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences and other honors.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliam...
GOP vs GOP

Saint Louis, MO

#78470 Mar 18, 2013
Karl Rove Mocks Sarah Palin Tenure As Governor

WASHINGTON -- GOP uberconsultant Karl Rove lashed out at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) on Sunday, mocking her decision to leave office early. Rove's criticism was a response to comments Palin made at the Conservative Political Action Conference in which she suggested the poor performance of Rove-backed candidates in the 2012 elections indicates that Rove should get out of the political consulting business.

"If these experts who keep losing elections and keep getting rehired and getting millions -- if they feel that strong about who gets to run in this party, then they should buck-up or stay in the truck," Palin told CPAC Saturday, referring to Rove. "Buck up or run. The Architect can head on back to the great Lone Star State and put their name on some ballot –- though for their sakes, I hope they give themselves a discount on their consulting services."

Rove pushed back in an interview with Fox on Sunday.

"I'm a volunteer and I don't take a dime with my work from American Crossroads and pay my own travel expenses out of my own pocket and I thought she was encouraging volunteer grassroots activity and I'm a volunteer," Rove said. "Second of all, look, I appreciate encouragement I ought to go home to Texas and run for office and, it would be news if I did to have her support. But I don't think I'm a good candidate -- a kind of balding, fat guy. And second, if I did run for office and win, I would serve out my term and I wouldn't leave office midterm."

Palin famously resigned her governorship midway through her first term in office in early 2009, shortly after her 2008 bid for vice president came up short. Rove's Crossroads operation spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the 2012 elections, only to see nearly all of his marquee candidates fail to be elected.

Rove has since become a magnet for criticism from much of the Republican Party base for his more recent efforts to recruit candidates that are more palatable to voters than Tea Party favorites like failed Senate candidate Todd Akin, whose electoral bid collapsed after he stated that women are biologically incapable of becoming pregnant from a "legitimate rape." Rove's latest strategy has been interpreted by some Republicans as an effort to undermine hardline conservatives and move the party toward more moderate candidates.
GOP vs GOP

Saint Louis, MO

#78471 Mar 18, 2013
Watching the whole GOP all turn on each other is so much fun. And it bodes very well for America indeed.

#78473 Mar 18, 2013
Gun Grabbing Commies wrote:
<quoted text> ... Are people responsive to changes in price? For example, if the price of cars rose by 25 percent, would people purchase as many cars? Supposing housing prices rose by 25 percent, what would happen to sales? Those are big-ticket items, but what about smaller-priced items? If a supermarket raised its prices by 25 percent, would people purchase as much? It's not rocket science to conclude that when prices rise, people adjust their behavior by purchasing less....
Economics 101. Supply curve and demand curve. However, the curves are also categorized as "elastic" and also "inelastic." Any questions?

(It is also not rocket science to conclude that the rich care little about prices.)
Really

Conway, AR

#78474 Mar 18, 2013
And if you think GW didn't spend a mint on his family, your ate up!!
GOP the Party of STUPID

Saint Louis, MO

#78475 Mar 18, 2013
ELIZABETH WARREN WONDERS: WHY AREN’T EMPLOYERS PAYING $22-AN-HOUR MINIMUM WAGE RATES?
~ This proves how dumb these liberal idiots are! This StupidShit is what'w destroying our country, our economy, our work ethics!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/18/el...
Hey STUPID...Isn't it wonderful that former President Bush has taken up painting?

I'm sure families that lost family and friends in Iraq wish their loved ones would have had that opportunity.
Gun Grabbing Commies

Forsyth, MO

#78476 Mar 18, 2013
BUD THE COWBOY
A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Wyoming when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglasses and YSL® tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3® cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany ...

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot® that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® database through an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry® and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a DEMOCRAT Congressman for the U.S. Government", says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep.”

“NOW GIVE ME BACK MY DOG.”
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#78478 Mar 18, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
"Norton," if you mean the "Nimrod" mentioned in your mythology book, I see that Nimrod is described as the son of Cush, grandson of Ham, and great-grandson of Noah; and as "a mighty one on the earth" and "a mighty hunter before God".
I suppose you believe that all people on earth descend from Noah, so that includes me (assuming that you are correct). I also suppose that I could be described as a "mighty one" in this Topix thread -- "King of the Thread"!(I have done some hunting, but I never shot anything larger than a dog.)
However, "Yellow Dawg Democrat," the skilled hunter -- does have a nice ring to it! I AM pretty good at knocking trolls down from my mountain!
Maybe if you would read the Bible, you would find how who Nimrod was and what he was all about instead of googling "Nimrod". You still don't know! Sorry, you lost on this one. You're not "King of the Thread" either. You're just a little old Google Trotter!
Whatever would you do without google?

CHEERS!

CHEERS!
Gun Grabbing Commies

Forsyth, MO

#78479 Mar 18, 2013
NOW DEMS TARGET WAGES OF GUN BACKERS
Democrats apparently know no bounds in their quest for gun control.

County sheriffs in Colorado say they have received emails indicating state Senate Democrats are using extortion-style tactics to force the sheriffs to provide political cover as Democrats pass a series of gun control bills supported by the Obama administration.

El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa said the Democrats are desperate to avoid the appearance of partisanship.

“The Democrats do not want to go on record as being the only party that voted for these measures going into the 2014 election,” he said.

Maketa raised eyebrows last weekend when he said in an interview with Jeff Crank on KVOR in Colorado Springs that he and other sheriffs received a series of emails suggesting a pay-raise bill was being held up until the sheriffs changed their position and supported the gun-control bills.

READ MORE AT: http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/dems-threaten-wage...
Gun Grabbing Commies

Forsyth, MO

#78480 Mar 18, 2013
Taxpayer-Subsidized Lab Obama Used To Plug His Green Energy Plan Hasn’t Produced A Single Battery…

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/18/taxpayer-s...

#78481 Mar 18, 2013
BUD THE COWBOY
"You're a DEMOCRAT Congressman for the U.S. Government", says Bud.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"
You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep.”
“NOW GIVE ME BACK MY DOG.”
That is SO clever, "GunHugger"! Ah, hahahahahaha! Those jokes of yours, and those comments of yours, are really hilarious! Too bad you never have any original thoughts! But that's the problem with conservatives: small anterior cingulate cortices!(Not to mention you also have large amygdalas -- the seat of human fear.)

#78482 Mar 18, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you would read the Bible, you would find how who Nimrod was and what he was all about instead of googling "Nimrod". You still don't know! Sorry, you lost on this one. You're not "King of the Thread" either. You're just a little old Google Trotter!
Whatever would you do without google?...
If you would take off those black opaque goggles, you might be able to see the real world! But whatever would you do without goggles, which protect you from reality? A "Nimrod" you are not.
Everyday Joe

Park Hills, MO

#78483 Mar 18, 2013
www.cpmo.us

Mark Your Calendars

If we, the people, truly want change, then meet Mr. Enyart campaigning to replace Joann Emerson in the 8th Congressional District.

Mr. Enyart is a true "Constitutional Conservative - 100% pro-life (without exception) choice.

In his role as a professional forester for 15 years, he has worked to help private land owners in Piedmont, MO

If you are tired of compromising your values for the same ole, same ole establishment types, then Doug Enyart is your man.

When: Wednesday, March 20, at approx. 8:00 PM

What: Candidate Forum

Where: Ripley County Caring Community Building

209 West Highway Street Doniphan, MO 63935

When: Saturday, March 23, 7:00 AM to Noon

What: SOS Breakfast

Hosted by Marine Corps League Midwest Division

Where: The Barracks Cpl Mason O. Yarbrough Building 2148 Broadway

Cape Girardeau, MO

When: Wednesday, March 27, at 7:00 PM

What: Meet the Candidates at SEMO 10

Where: VFW Post 217 South Frisco St. Chaffee, MO 63740

“Let it roll on down the”

Since: Mar 13

the highway. BTO

#78484 Mar 18, 2013
I think with all the BS and judging that goes around in here, This is pretty fitting: Matthew 7:1-2; 1.Do not judge or you too will be judged. 2. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

#78485 Mar 18, 2013
10fourRogerThat wrote:
I think with all the BS and judging that goes around in here, This is pretty fitting: Matthew 7:1-2; 1.Do not judge or you too will be judged. 2. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
I can be an azz with the best of them but what you say there is very correct. Thanks brother
Bill

Saint Louis, MO

#78486 Mar 18, 2013
NRA = Not Really American

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

#78487 Mar 18, 2013
Bill wrote:
Bill= Big Idiot Limitlessly Lying

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#78488 Mar 19, 2013
Jill wrote:
Anti American bleeding heart liberal commie jerk !

#78489 Mar 19, 2013
Everyday Joe wrote:
www.cpmo.us
Mark Your Calendars
If we, the people, truly want change, then meet Mr. Enyart campaigning to replace Joann Emerson in the 8th Congressional District.
Mr. Enyart is a true "Constitutional Conservative - 100% pro-life (without exception) choice.
In his role as a professional forester for 15 years, he has worked to help private land owners in Piedmont, MO
If you are tired of compromising your values for the same ole, same ole establishment types, then Doug Enyart is your man.
When: Wednesday, March 20, at approx. 8:00 PM
What: Candidate Forum
Where: Ripley County Caring Community Building
209 West Highway Street Doniphan, MO 63935
When: Saturday, March 23, 7:00 AM to Noon
What: SOS Breakfast
Hosted by Marine Corps League Midwest Division
Where: The Barracks Cpl Mason O. Yarbrough Building 2148 Broadway
Cape Girardeau, MO
When: Wednesday, March 27, at 7:00 PM
What: Meet the Candidates at SEMO 10
Where: VFW Post 217 South Frisco St. Chaffee, MO 63740
Just reading your comment, my personal judgment is that Mr. Enyart does not stand a chance.

"Constitutional Conservative"?(whatever that means) "100% pro-life without exception" "professional forester for 15 years helping private landowners"?

I am glad Jo Ann Emerson is gone, but I do not want Mr. Enyart to take her place, based upon what you said. Maybe Republican Richard Kline from Gipsy, Mo., can run again? He won the GOP vote for US Representative back in 1996. Jo Ann was not even on the Republican ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Nichols Motorcycle Club 1 hr Hott_ chik 1
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr g 2,832
justin storey 6 hr guest 1999 1
Tommy Pane 6 hr baha 3
Obama administration hides information from the... 9 hr guest 1
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 14 hr Mugsy 521
Hayti Band? 19 hr Indian Fan 1
•••
•••
Hayti Dating