Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

Hannibal

#21 Aug 29, 2007
Ill have to do some research due to my thinking that integration was a gradual thing.

Since: Aug 07

Hayti Heights

#22 Aug 29, 2007
I am writing this prior to leaving the office. But guess what -- I also live in Jefferson City! So what's your sister's name. Small, small world. Also, I remember your little nine-year old sister. She and Ramona had the most beautiful red hair. See ya later! My name is Dorothy Russell.

Since: Mar 07

Hannibal

#23 Aug 29, 2007
The sister that lives in Jeff City is named Susan Williams and if you send me your e-mail I will pass it on to her. You can send your mail to me at pixie_007@excite.com
Former Central Student

Grandview, MO

#24 Mar 25, 2013
As I remember it, kids were given the choice to go to either school and that was in 1965. This split the black kids but no whites came over to Central. This meant you had friends graduating from both schools the same year. I added many new friends to my list as I went to Hayti High and graduated from there in 1969. This was the last year Hayti Central had a graduating class. As you may or may not know, integration was the law of the land 11 years before enforced in Hayti, Mo. I am sure it became too much economically for the local officals to continue to keep us kids apart. Although the history of Hayti is important, the history of Hayti Central is also important. I am looking for memorabilia from that school. Please reply to this message if you have something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your opinion oN Caruthersville aka dirty... 3 hr hater of dirtyville 1
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 4 hr White Knight 1,905
Prayer 5 hr Person of interest 19
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Muslim in the Whi... 96,396
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 5 hr alan p 240
Demacrat Argus Paper 7 hr just sayin 20
Shocking things Fox viewers believe 8 hr Im The Uno 10
•••
•••
Hayti Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hayti Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000