Hanging Firefighter??
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How bout it

Caruthersville, MO

#28 May 15, 2008
I do not believe those comments rude, I think this has been blown out of porportion. It's a yard ornament. Wind socks are meant to be hung where the wind can blow it, no obstruction. Yes Kadon was very dedicated to the fire and police depts. I bet he would have liked it, since it does represent a fireman. So maybe we should stop this thread on both sides and leave it alone.
OKAY

Caruthersville, MO

#29 May 15, 2008
I agree.
Hello from Florida

United States

#30 May 15, 2008
Motivated, don't mind the hanging fireman just keep your comments to yourself just as you do your physcho medication now that you have to find a job
Motivated

Blue Springs, MO

#31 May 15, 2008
Hello from Florida wrote:
Motivated, don't mind the hanging fireman just keep your comments to yourself just as you do your physcho medication now that you have to find a job
I have a job thank you, may God Bless you with an education and some home training!

Penrose, CO

#32 May 15, 2008
I can't understand if someone got soooooo offended, why didn't you just pull your car over and go talk to him? He's a very understanding, nice guy. Why get on here and start a gossip session that always turns nasty? It's just a very cowardly way to talk about someone. Anyone can find anything to talk about without looking very hard. BTW....I think the windsock is cute!
geez

United States

#33 May 15, 2008
Guest wrote:
I can't understand if someone got soooooo offended, why didn't you just pull your car over and go talk to him? He's a very understanding, nice guy. Why get on here and start a gossip session that always turns nasty? It's just a very cowardly way to talk about someone. Anyone can find anything to talk about without looking very hard. BTW....I think the windsock is cute!
If you will notice ...this thread started by someone asking what it was...THATS ALL
ex-firefighter

Saint Louis, MO

#37 May 16, 2008
Well I have sit by and listened to all the smack talk. I was an active firefighter for several years. I have yard ornaments with FF's and I also have some ceramic ones in my house. One even shows a fallen FF with another member of his Dept. holding him. Fire fighters are a strange FAMILY they care for the ones that are never known no matter where they are from. Ney York FF's death's played havec on most Dept.'s in America.
What I am trying to say and saying is that we as a Firefighter love our brethren no matter how they fall. We support our own no matter what comes down the line. We do not see a windsock as a slap in the face but as a good remembrance of the one that is gone. So brother Firefighters lift up your drink no matter what you are drinking and toast one for the Mckay family. All those you think it is ridiculous do drive by there. There are mor than one street in down.
OKAY

Caruthersville, MO

#38 May 16, 2008
ex-firefighter wrote:
Well I have sit by and listened to all the smack talk. I was an active firefighter for several years. I have yard ornaments with FF's and I also have some ceramic ones in my house. One even shows a fallen FF with another member of his Dept. holding him. Fire fighters are a strange FAMILY they care for the ones that are never known no matter where they are from. Ney York FF's death's played havec on most Dept.'s in America.
What I am trying to say and saying is that we as a Firefighter love our brethren no matter how they fall. We support our own no matter what comes down the line. We do not see a windsock as a slap in the face but as a good remembrance of the one that is gone. So brother Firefighters lift up your drink no matter what you are drinking and toast one for the Mckay family. All those you think it is ridiculous do drive by there. There are mor than one street in down.
Amen.
his aunt

United States

#39 May 16, 2008
ex-firefighter wrote:
it's not bothering the mckays as much as they are letting on. i say keep it up. believe me if i liked something and wanted it in my yard i would have it there no matter who it offended. they could just get over it.

Morrison, MO

#40 May 16, 2008
I cared very much for Kaden. I saw the windsock everyday and never had bad thoughts about it. Your heart can hurt over just little things when sitiations are very near and dear to you. You will be in my thoughts and just to let u know the windsock is no longer hanging from the roof. God Bless u and may u have peace in days to come.
Get a life

Columbia, MO

#41 May 16, 2008
Stop bitchin about it!
Thank you

United States

#42 May 16, 2008
Officer Holder took down the wind socket and put it on a potholder in his yard...it looks better that way...See I did not believe that he would intentionally hurt someone or be insensitive. I humbly say thank you and sorry if this has caused upset and personal attacks on anyone. God works all situations out big and small when you ask him. Thanks again!
Dictate your life

United States

#43 May 19, 2008
Some of you around here believe that freedom of expression means that everything is fine until something bothers you, and then you must make a fuss. Let it go people; it is not in our best interest to attack all we see insulting or in this case, slightly suggestible. For the most of us, we burn in ire each time the ACLU attacks religion in schools, government, etc. We refer to these types of as crazies, etc, but then on the reverse we ridicule the most pointless articles of expression held by our friends and neighbors.

Officer Holder could have had a sign that read “God is fake” in his yard, and once again he would be within his rights, however, he had an ordinary wind stocking. Simply, if expression (A) is within its bounds of the law (B):(A)<=(B), then legally there is nothing one can do. However, generally, one can be asked to accommodate the masses, and thus the problem is resolved. When you commit acts such as this on Topix, not only do you breed the ideology that if you are offended by something, complain, but you also slicken the slope that society operates on which is kindness and acceptance.

By creating such a fuss over something so miniscule, you, yourself became the pawn in this game of fools.

Just look around, society is continuing to crumble, and the days of morality and respect are being replaced with the times of legality and technicality.

Caruthersville, MO

#44 May 19, 2008
well said
guest also

United States

#45 May 19, 2008
Here's something I have to say. This thread was probably started by someone with a beef against Officer Holder. That is what is great about remaining anonymous. You an attack and attack.

He is a good offier and person. You may not agree, but it is silly to attack him on this.

He would not do something that would hurt a person openly. Whatever the beef is, take it to him, not to anonymous postings. People use this site to attack and not for the free exchange of information. How sad.

I read it to keep updated on some issues, but to use it to take out a personal grudge is little, and shows someone's true character. Leave Holder alone and make sure that your comments are just what they should be. Freedom of speech does not include attacking someone in malice.

Let's use this forum to discuss issues that affect us, issues that we can agree or disagree on it. QUIT attacking people on personal issues that have no business being aired over the internet. QUIT attacking, just cause you have a beef and think you can find something.
guest also

United States

#46 May 19, 2008
before you all correct me..I should have said good officer not offier

United States

#47 May 21, 2008
What The wrote:
I think it takes a twisted mind to even make a connection between a wind sock and someone hanging. Good Grief.
I couldn't agree more!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help for the needy 5 hr what 8
Heads up Cooter 13 hr 1blog 11
Post Office 14 hr customer 1
Zach Hollins (Jul '15) 15 hr wtf 125
Rent houses 17 hr Wondering 1
Hawks MC cabaret 18 hr Sunshine 13
Curious Wed Guest 7

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance