As predicted... ObamaCare is costing ...

As predicted... ObamaCare is costing jobs

Posted in the Hayti Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 16, 2013
Monday, Regal Entertainment Group, the largest movie theatre chain in the country, announced that thousands of employees will have their work hours cut -- as a direct result of the added cost of the new ObamaCare mandates that become effective later this year.
In a memo to employees, management was blunt:“To comply with the Affordable Care Act, Regal had to increase our health care budget to cover those newly deemed eligible based on the law's definition of a full-time employee.”

Fox News reports that, as a result of cutting employees' work hours (which is, of course, the same as a pay cut), full-time Regal managers have resigned in "a wave" after their hours and pay checks were slashed by as much as twenty-five percent.

The manager told FoxNews.com ObamaCare has had the unintended consequence of taking food off his table.

“Mandating businesses to offer health care under threat of debilitating fines does not fix a problem, it creates one," he said. "It fosters a new business culture where 30 hours is now considered the maximum in order to avoid paying the high costs associated with this law.

“In a time where 40 hours is just getting us by, putting these kind of financial pressures on employers is a big step in a direction far beyond the reach of feasibility for not only the businesses, but for the employees who rely on their success," he said.

In order to avoid the added cost of providing health insurance for employees working 30 hours a week (as ObamaCare mandates), it only makes sense for companies to schedule employees for 29 hours. So anyone who was working full-time is now being hit with a 25% pay cut.

Moreover, in a jobless "recovery" like the one we've been suffering under for four long years now, employers hold all the cards. And even if someone is able to find another job, what are the chances that employer won't be making the same decision to avoid the expense of ObamaCare?

The most under-covered story in the media this year is and will continue to be the effect ObamaCare is having on America's working class -- those who are losing their health insurance and the crucial work hours that can make all the difference when you live on the margins.
John Nolte
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#2 Apr 16, 2013
ComradeWinston wrote:
Monday, Regal Entertainment Group, the largest movie theatre chain in the country, announced that thousands of employees will have their work hours cut -- as a direct result of the added cost of the new ObamaCare mandates that become effective later this year.
In a memo to employees, management was blunt:“To comply with the Affordable Care Act, Regal had to increase our health care budget to cover those newly deemed eligible based on the law's definition of a full-time employee.”
Fox News reports that, as a result of cutting employees' work hours (which is, of course, the same as a pay cut), full-time Regal managers have resigned in "a wave" after their hours and pay checks were slashed by as much as twenty-five percent.
The manager told FoxNews.com ObamaCare has had the unintended consequence of taking food off his table.
“Mandating businesses to offer health care under threat of debilitating fines does not fix a problem, it creates one," he said. "It fosters a new business culture where 30 hours is now considered the maximum in order to avoid paying the high costs associated with this law.
“In a time where 40 hours is just getting us by, putting these kind of financial pressures on employers is a big step in a direction far beyond the reach of feasibility for not only the businesses, but for the employees who rely on their success," he said.
In order to avoid the added cost of providing health insurance for employees working 30 hours a week (as ObamaCare mandates), it only makes sense for companies to schedule employees for 29 hours. So anyone who was working full-time is now being hit with a 25% pay cut.
Moreover, in a jobless "recovery" like the one we've been suffering under for four long years now, employers hold all the cards. And even if someone is able to find another job, what are the chances that employer won't be making the same decision to avoid the expense of ObamaCare?
The most under-covered story in the media this year is and will continue to be the effect ObamaCare is having on America's working class -- those who are losing their health insurance and the crucial work hours that can make all the difference when you live on the margins.
John Nolte
Comrade,
Oh Good Lord,(if this is really true - which is doubtful) it's nothing but the media trying to make a STATMENT!

I'll guarantee this will not last long - when they realize that Obama is the LAW OF THE LAND - ANY KIND OF STATMENT THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE AIN'T WORTH SQUAT! If any employees was really laid off or had their hour shortened - IT WILL END SOON - AND THEY WILL ALL BE BACK TO WORK...

What racical right-wing web-site die you cut & paste this from???

Location hidden

#3 Apr 16, 2013
I hate to break the news to you Alum61, but democrats and republicans alike have major problems with ObamaCare. As you should know, most union’s big corporate democratic donors to the Obama campaigns have bought exemptions for the high taxes on their “Cadillac” healthcare plans. Those who didn’t make big donations to the administration have to cough up almost 90 Billion dollars to pay for their plans and subsidize the Obama supporters who bought back-door exemptions. Crony politics at its best. A lot of people are rightly pissed.

Then you have the high tax on medical devices…
Democratic senators and governess have discovered these taxes will hurt business and jobs in their democratic controlled states. AND THEY ARE PISSED….LOL. It has lost a lot of democratic support in congress. If the bill were brought up in the senate today, Obama would have to buy off more than just a couple of senators for votes. He would have to bribe a double digit number of democrats.

ObamaCare is in trouble. About everyone has discovered, it is a union and far left wing written pile of corrupt shit. It will survive in some form, no doubt. But, in the immortal words of that ignorant bitch Nancy Pelosi.“We passed it so we could find out what was in it”. Now we are going to have to figure out a way to live with the huge, expensive, corrupt, turkey of a bill.

The number of jobs and lost hours worked because of the mandates are a completely different destructive side of the bill.

Only you and the moochers of society could love it.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#4 Apr 16, 2013
ComradeWinston wrote:
I hate to break the news to you Alum61, but democrats and republicans alike have major problems with ObamaCare. As you should know, most union’s big corporate democratic donors to the Obama campaigns have bought exemptions for the high taxes on their “Cadillac” healthcare plans. Those who didn’t make big donations to the administration have to cough up almost 90 Billion dollars to pay for their plans and subsidize the Obama supporters who bought back-door exemptions. Crony politics at its best. A lot of people are rightly pissed.
Then you have the high tax on medical devices…
Democratic senators and governess have discovered these taxes will hurt business and jobs in their democratic controlled states. AND THEY ARE PISSED….LOL. It has lost a lot of democratic support in congress. If the bill were brought up in the senate today, Obama would have to buy off more than just a couple of senators for votes. He would have to bribe a double digit number of democrats.
ObamaCare is in trouble. About everyone has discovered, it is a union and far left wing written pile of corrupt shit. It will survive in some form, no doubt. But, in the immortal words of that ignorant bitch Nancy Pelosi.“We passed it so we could find out what was in it”. Now we are going to have to figure out a way to live with the huge, expensive, corrupt, turkey of a bill.
The number of jobs and lost hours worked because of the mandates are a completely different destructive side of the bill.
Only you and the moochers of society could love it.
I hope to heaven you're not accusing ME of being a moocher??? Because I will hit you with more ammunition that you've ever been hit with in your life!!! Obviously you've never felt the WRATH OF A 70 YR OLD WOMAN BEFORE!!! I will clean the floor with your sorry a-- if you ever even hint that I'M a moocher!!!

Location hidden

#5 Apr 16, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope to heaven you're not accusing ME of being a moocher??? Because I will hit you with more ammunition that you've ever been hit with in your life!!! Obviously you've never felt the WRATH OF A 70 YR OLD WOMAN BEFORE!!! I will clean the floor with your sorry a-- if you ever even hint that I'M a moocher!!!
What I am accusing you of being is naive.

ObamaCare in its present form has lots of major problems and I predict it will not survive in its present form. Too many democratic senators and congressmen are jumping ship.

I’ve heard your spiel before..…
You and hubby worked hard and built a good retirement for yourselves. You worked for your social security and Medicare and don’t start means testing you or any of that other stuff being debated to make it solvent. After all, one person working to support one person drawing ain’t going to work and that’s where demographics say we are headed. You don’t want any changes to upset your apple cart

I don’t consider you a moocher. I consider you a partisan democrat who wants all she is getting from the government and anything else they want to add.

I think your attitude is, to hell with the ignorant republican voting workers who pay the bill. You just want yours and screw the rest.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#6 Apr 17, 2013
ComradeWinston wrote:
<quoted text>What I am accusing you of being is naive.
ObamaCare in its present form has lots of major problems and I predict it will not survive in its present form. Too many democratic senators and congressmen are jumping ship.
I’ve heard your spiel before..…
You and hubby worked hard and built a good retirement for yourselves. You worked for your social security and Medicare and don’t start means testing you or any of that other stuff being debated to make it solvent. After all, one person working to support one person drawing ain’t going to work and that’s where demographics say we are headed. You don’t want any changes to upset your apple cart
I don’t consider you a moocher. I consider you a partisan democrat who wants all she is getting from the government and anything else they want to add.
I think your attitude is, to hell with the ignorant republican voting workers who pay the bill. You just want yours and screw the rest.
I don't doubt there's problems to be worked out in Obamacare - but at least we've made a START IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - finally, we seem to be catching up with the rest of the CIVILIZES WORLD!!! Do you realize we are one of very few civilized countries in the world (prior to Obamacare) without universal health coverage? THIS IS TRULY A SHAMFUL COMMENTARY FOR A COUNTRY OF OUR WEALTH, INGUENITY & POWER!!!

We can put men on the moon - we can go to war & then turn around and rebuild entire countires - BUT WE CAN'T INSURE THAT EVERY AMERICAN WILL BE ABLE TO GET MEDICAL CARE WHEN THEY ARE SICK???

THERE'S SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!

It's sorta like a want-a-be, gad-a-bout irresponsible man - who spends all his money on expensive cars, the most expensive clothes & shoes to be found & mingles with the rich & powerful all over town - giving the appearance of being rich & powerful.

Yet, this same man's family (his wife & kids) are stuck at home with no vehicle, wearing clothes from Good-will, the Salvation Army or free clothing rooms at church. Even though the wife works - she must spend all her money to pay the rent on their tiny little rented trailer & to put food on the table - mostly macaroni & cheese & beans & every once in awhile hot-dogs or hamburger. When the kids get sick - they either get well on their own - or if it gets too bad - she rushes them to the emergency room -and prays they will give the kid some free samples of the medication the doctor prescribes - because she knows she won't be able to pay for any medicine.

When a country refuses to provide medical care to ALL OF IT'S CITIZENS - IT IS NO BETTER THAT THE IRRESPONSIBLE GAD-ABOUT-DAD described above...

Oh, in regard to Medicare - HOW MANY TIMES MUST YOU BE SHOWN - THAT THERE IS NOT URGENT PROBLEM WITH SOCIAL SECURITY - IT IS SOLVENT FOR THE NEXT 25-30 YEARS!

AFTER THAT,(WITH NO CHANGES) S.S. WILL STILL BE ABLE TO PAY 75% OF PROMISED BENEFITS!

BUT, WITH ONLY A LITTLE TWEEKING - S.S. WILL BE ABLE TO PAY OUT 100% OF PROMISED BENEFITS FOR ANOTHER 75 YEARS.

You need to turn off Fox & the rest of the right-wing media & wake up to reality...
Haha

United States

#7 Apr 17, 2013
We had to pay for the moon landing. Dummy. You know back when most Americas had jobs. Sure we can afford health care. Just tell all the bums to get jobs. We can't afford 1200 buck for welfare and pay old bums like you SS. Neither of my grandparents drew SS they worked till the day they died. Like an American. Take your old butt down to Walmart I'm sure even you can say. "hello". "do you need a cart". Be productive for one day in your life alumni. I bet if you graduated in 69 or after you would feel different. No?? Ok got one question for you before your Alzheimer's kicks in. What happened to Detroit?? It's been under total democrat control for over 20 years. Just look at it. If you want to live in a democrat state. Move up there. Let me guess the republicans did it right?? Of course they did If you can't look at Detroit and see that is where the democrats want to take us then you are either an idiot or you simply desire that type of lifestyle. You are on here 24/7. You admit to getting a lazy check. So I'm sure u get free Internet and all your bills paid and u live in government housing. Of course you don't want the money train to stop. Get a job bum get a job bum get a job bum. You are not to old to work I know men and women who work well into there ninetys
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#8 Apr 18, 2013
Haha wrote:
We had to pay for the moon landing. Dummy. You know back when most Americas had jobs. Sure we can afford health care. Just tell all the bums to get jobs. We can't afford 1200 buck for welfare and pay old bums like you SS. Neither of my grandparents drew SS they worked till the day they died. Like an American. Take your old butt down to Walmart I'm sure even you can say. "hello". "do you need a cart". Be productive for one day in your life alumni. I bet if you graduated in 69 or after you would feel different. No?? Ok got one question for you before your Alzheimer's kicks in. What happened to Detroit?? It's been under total democrat control for over 20 years. Just look at it. If you want to live in a democrat state. Move up there. Let me guess the republicans did it right?? Of course they did If you can't look at Detroit and see that is where the democrats want to take us then you are either an idiot or you simply desire that type of lifestyle. You are on here 24/7. You admit to getting a lazy check. So I'm sure u get free Internet and all your bills paid and u live in government housing. Of course you don't want the money train to stop. Get a job bum get a job bum get a job bum. You are not to old to work I know men and women who work well into there ninetys
Haha,
You ignorant fool!!! No, I'm not looking for a job - I worked full-time for 37 years and raised a family. My husband & I worked & paid into Social Security for over 80 years!

I have PAID MY DUES!

Not only, do I draw my Social Security (but also a widow's portion of my husband's Social Security). I also draw a retirment check from my former employer & a retirment check from my husband's former employer. I also have mutual funds from my husband's employment (which are growing every day - since Obama came in office).

SO I DON'T NEED TO WORK!!! If I did work - I might be taking a job away from some young person who needs the money more than I do. Did you ever think of that...

My husband & I saved & paid for our home (which has been paid for for many years) I still live in it. My husband died last year (we were married 51 years) NOBODY EVER GAVE US ANYTHING!!!

YES, I'VE PAID MY DUES!!!

NOW IT'S TIME YOU PAID YOURS...

I don't know why your grandparents never drew their Social Security - perhaps they never paid enough into the S.S. system to support them in their old age).

My husband & I did...
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#9 Apr 18, 2013
$5 gas baby WOO HOO!

POOL PARTY AT CUMRAGS PLACE JULY 4th!

DONT MISS THE FIREWORK DISPLAY AFTER THE CROSS BURNING!

PLUS FREE ENTRANCE FOR ALL CHILD MOLESTERS
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#10 Apr 18, 2013
Comrade I hear your wife and a door knob have a lot in common. Everyone took a turn
Haha

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2013
Actually my grandparents were landowners and didn't need SS and because they didn't retire they wanted to earn there own keep. You must have crappy retirement to even be able to draw social security. And as far as your mutual funds go. Yeah sure alumni. And 51 years. Oh that explains it shotgun wedding huh. What were u 18. Did u even graduate high school. And the only job u could have had is maybe answering the phones or a government job. If u truly had a good job and retired from it they would be paying for your insurance. As a matter of fact nothing you say makes sense if you make over 11000 dollars a year you can't draw SS. So you have two retirement checks and mutual funds that pay you less than 11 grand??? What kind of jobs did you all have exactly? If I worked as long as u say u did and draw less that 11000 grand a year. I'd fire my stockbroker and be real mad I wasted my life in a dead end job.
Haha

United States

#12 Apr 18, 2013
Your work years don't add up either. So either didn't start work until u were 33 (bum). Or you started when you were 18 and retired when you were 55. (bum). Either way your a bum.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#13 Apr 18, 2013
Haha wrote:
Actually my grandparents were landowners and didn't need SS and because they didn't retire they wanted to earn there own keep. You must have crappy retirement to even be able to draw social security. And as far as your mutual funds go. Yeah sure alumni. And 51 years. Oh that explains it shotgun wedding huh. What were u 18. Did u even graduate high school. And the only job u could have had is maybe answering the phones or a government job. If u truly had a good job and retired from it they would be paying for your insurance. As a matter of fact nothing you say makes sense if you make over 11000 dollars a year you can't draw SS. So you have two retirement checks and mutual funds that pay you less than 11 grand??? What kind of jobs did you all have exactly? If I worked as long as u say u did and draw less that 11000 grand a year. I'd fire my stockbroker and be real mad I wasted my life in a dead end job.
Haha,
You surely don't know much about Social Security!!! YES, you can draw your personal retirement & (any earnings on your mutual funds) & your Social Security! Good God, I make more that D0UBLE the $11,000 amount you mention - I don't know where you got this amount!

If you don't have any better knowledge of Social Security than this - I doubt your or your grandparents ever worked & paid into the system. Before you come on this forum again & MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF AGAIN - you need to do a little research & get the FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

My husband & I did earn our own keep!!! Both of us together paid into Social Security & Medicare for 80 years!!! That' a lot of money paid in!!! The difference between your grandparents & us, is that we paid our dues for the 80 years we worked (enough dues to support us in our old age). Unlike your grandparents - we didn't have to WORK TILL WE DIED!!! Your grandparents probably never paid any money into the Social Secuirty system. Maybe that's why they had to work till they died!! THIS IS SO SAD...

For your information I was married when I was 17 - I had a big nice church wedding & reception with all the trimmings. And yes, I continued going to school (every day) & graduated with my class of 1961! I also took college classes while I was working for the phone company (they paid my college costs).

You are right on one score - I did work for the telephone company in the business office. I worked in the collection department & had people's phone disconnected for non-payment of their bill! I was also (for a time) a liason between the phone company and the Missouri Public Service Commission (assisting in settling customer complaints).

I recieve a small retirement from the phone company. I didn't work for the phone company long enough to qualify for Health insurance coverage in my retirment.

My husband retired with his company with full retirement benefits & life-time health care coverage for him & me. However, his former employer filed bankrupcy several times to get out of paying health benefits to retirees.(THIS IS THE SAME THING A LOT OF COMPANIES HAVE DONE OVER THE LAST DECADE)! Luckily, his retirment benefits are in tact (in the form of lifetime annitutie).

Now that we've fully discussed my life & finances - how about you? DO YOU EVEN WORK???
Cville citizen

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Apr 19, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla surely you jest - insurance for all ? Have you ever lived in a poverty area before? Most family are getting Medicaid through the State. Why because they can - not married having several children before the age of 18. Maybe by different fathers and of course not wanting to name the fathers and even saying they are not living together when they are . And now you have everybody wants to be disabled --- Are you Kidding, you have very you Adults that have migraines and now they are disabled WHAT ! Of course you have the Doctors who want to be paid so say yes you are disabled go apply for disability, instead where they should say get off your duff get out in the fresh air and go to work maybe you might feel better! Also we have people that take so much medicine no wonder they don't feel well and again they are disabled for the same thing common folks are going to work everyday because they have too! So where is it fair ??
Oh yes about the food on the table that is crazy have you ever seen people who get food stamps and what they buy? They eat well ! Better than you and I ! We are probably eating the Mac and cheese ! So you need to preach what you know but as far as the system you don't know anything !

Location hidden

#15 Apr 19, 2013
Cville citizen wrote:
1961 Alumni Rolla surely you jest - insurance for all ? Have you ever lived in a poverty area before? Most family are getting Medicaid through the State. Why because they can - not married having several children before the age of 18. Maybe by different fathers and of course not wanting to name the fathers and even saying they are not living together when they are . And now you have everybody wants to be disabled --- Are you Kidding, you have very you Adults that have migraines and now they are disabled WHAT ! Of course you have the Doctors who want to be paid so say yes you are disabled go apply for disability, instead where they should say get off your duff get out in the fresh air and go to work maybe you might feel better! Also we have people that take so much medicine no wonder they don't feel well and again they are disabled for the same thing common folks are going to work everyday because they have too! So where is it fair ??
Oh yes about the food on the table that is crazy have you ever seen people who get food stamps and what they buy? They eat well ! Better than you and I ! We are probably eating the Mac and cheese ! So you need to preach what you know but as far as the system you don't know anything !
The bottom line for Amum61 is, she votes democrat. Nothing will ever change that.
juju

Caruthersville, MO

#16 Apr 19, 2013
ComradeWinston wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line for Amum61 is, she votes democrat. Nothing will ever change that.
The bottom line for you is, you hate all blacks and all non white nationalities and will vote Republican.

Liked how you immediately blamed a ethnic group the day of the bombing in Boston. racist prick
Haha

United States

#17 Apr 19, 2013
My back is getting sore. Why should I work and pay taxes when Obama will give me a house a phone and free Internet and food stamps And a cash deposit in my account every month. What else do I need?? If I claim that my kids need a daycare then I get an extra 1000 a month. I'm fixing to live the good life
juju

Caruthersville, MO

#18 Apr 19, 2013
Obama isn't giving you a free cell phone you moron. He's continuing the bill that George W Bush signed to give free cell phones. Maybe if you would do a lil research instead of just shooting your ignorant mouth off in here you could come up with new name. But then HaHa fits you well because all you are is a ass clown.
Cville citizen

United States

#19 Apr 19, 2013
I hate people like you Haha !
That's why the United States is the way it is because of People like you. What are you teaching the youth and young Adults that it is ok
To be lazy and not try to be productive citizens
And to get all you can get ? What happens when there is nothing left to get then what are you going to do? And who says its a certain race
Because its not !
Why not teach what was taught back in the old days hard work Never hurt anyone ! And it makes you feel good about yourself when you have accomplished something by work be it a home or car or clothes ! You then have done something to be proud of and hold your head up!

Location hidden

#20 Apr 19, 2013
juju wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line for you is, you hate all blacks and all non white nationalities and will vote Republican.
Liked how you immediately blamed a ethnic group the day of the bombing in Boston. racist prick
lol

Re-read my posts. I was the one telling Alum61 she better hold her toungue before blaming the Tea Party, gun rights people are republicans in general. I didn't accuse anyone until this morning, when the cat was out of the bag, so to speak.

You true hate filled racists as so brainwashed you don't even realize just how hate filled you really are. But don't worry, I'll be here to tell you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
De mccaig 1 hr dontshootthemessager 12
Twister's Cafe 5 hr Sage 38
Head hunters👀👀 10 hr BBC man 1
Country 17 hr Whoaa 17
really dfs dont take kids from meth moms (Sep '13) 17 hr Factsknown 20
Teacher at R3 18 hr Ginger 1
Crystal Mohr 19 hr John 2

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance