Advisor

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Jun 28, 2013
Put he lime in the coconut and call me in the
morning. Wooo, Wooo. ED3-101214.
Some1that cares

Steele, MO

#3 Jun 28, 2013
Dr.Mona Tomescue.Steele family clinic is the best Dr around here,that I know of. Caring, honest,and very professional
Advisor

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Jun 28, 2013
Excuse me. It's Put the lime in the coconut.
help

Haslet, TX

#5 Jun 28, 2013
Some1that cares wrote:
Dr.Mona Tomescue.Steele family clinic is the best Dr around here,that I know of. Caring, honest,and very professional
Thank you for the info, just may give them a try! My dr relocated so its hard these days to find a good dr to care for patients instead of them just wanting money
NOoo

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 29, 2013
Some1that cares wrote:
Don't use her she is rude.
oh my

Caruthersville, MO

#7 Jun 29, 2013
Dr mona is not the one you want to use... dont know if you want to travel or not but shanstrom in kennett is good
well

Caruthersville, MO

#8 Jun 29, 2013
where do you live
ole timer

Ooltewah, TN

#9 Jun 29, 2013
Just be sure to stay away from that quack Bernard
help

United States

#10 Jun 29, 2013
Doesn't matter where I live just wanna good dr, if it means driving to dyersburg or jboro

Trumann, AR

#11 Jun 29, 2013
ole timer wrote:
Just be sure to stay away from that quack Bernard
Dr. Bernard is the best doctor around. He won't prescribe pain pills to the dopers. That may be why you are calling him a quack.
ole timer

Ooltewah, TN

#12 Jul 1, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Bernard is the best doctor around. He won't prescribe pain pills to the dopers. That may be why you are calling him a quack.
No I never got into the whole drug thing. When I lived there and needed a doctor I went Dr Gubin a fine man. I've been gone a long time now but I wouldn't let Bernard look at my dog.

Paris, TN

#13 Jul 3, 2013
Some1that cares wrote:
Yes she is!!!!!
Barney Twobroke

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jul 5, 2013
Give me $100.00 and call me in the morning. No dopers.

Trumann, AR

#15 Jul 7, 2013
ole timer wrote:
<quoted text>
No I never got into the whole drug thing. When I lived there and needed a doctor I went Dr Gubin a fine man. I've been gone a long time now but I wouldn't let Bernard look at my dog.
Why don't you like Dr. Bernard?
Bad attitude

Malden, MO

#16 Jul 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a terrible attitude.
ole timer

Ooltewah, TN

#17 Jul 10, 2013
Yeah he will go on a rant and act like a crazy person. He did a half assed exam of my wife's mother and told them she had lung cancer and would die. Turned out she did not, he just was guessing.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#18 Jul 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Benard is very rude! Once, when I was down visiting my mom in the hospital in the 70's or 80's,(even though I'd never been a patient of his)- he called me aside & sat me down - out in the waiting room & started lecturing me about my weight!!!

Yes, at the time I was about 40 lbs overweight. I was much younger back then & just sat there & politely listened to what he had to say. Even though, I felt he was being VERY out-of line, I still remained quiet & respectful. I thought he was taking me out to the waiting room to discuss my mom's health - but, he mentioned very little about my mom's condition. I found his actions very strange & UNPROFESSIONAL to say the least!

Had this happened just a few year later - I might have put him in his place good & proper & reminded him he was my mom's doctor NOT MINE!!!

Years later, when my mom was in her late 80's she fell & broke her hip - my husband & I were there at the Hayti hospital when the orthapedic doctor had scheduled her for surgery to repair the hip.

Dr. Benard was still her primary care doctor - and he came in while I was talking with the Orthapedic surgeon. Dr. Benard started screaming & hollowering that he would not allow my mom to have surgery to repair her broken hip!

I kept telling Dr. Bernard that we WANTED my mom to have the surgery & even got into a heated discussion with him about this. I really think Dr Bernard was caught off guard that anyone (like me) would dare question his decision!!!

Dr Bernard got so mad - he even said HE WOULD NOT ALLOW HER TO HAVE SURGERY AT THE HAYTI HOSPITAL & that if we insisted she have surgery we'd have to take her to some other hospital!!!

After Dr. Benard walked away - one of the surgerical nurses came up to me (by this time I was crying), That surgerical nurse told me not to pay ANY attention to what Dr. Bernard said - because it was ALWAYS THE FAMILY'S DECISION IF A PATIENT HAS SURGERY - and that Dr Bernard had nothing to do say about it! Moma had her surgery & shortly thereafter, we brought her to live in Rolla.

I've got a strong feeling Dr. Bernard believed that just because my mom was very old - that she should just live the rest of her life in extreme pain -or- by not having surgery to repair the broken bone, she would have soon developed a blood clot & die from that.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR DR BENARD!!!

Oh, by the way - I've since lost over 50 lbs! But, Dr Bernard's lecture on being overweight 30 years before had nothing to do with it... I just started eating sensibly about 7 or 8 years ago...
Good old days

Girard, IL

#19 Jul 11, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Benard is very rude! Once, when I was down visiting my mom in the hospital in the 70's or 80's,(even though I'd never been a patient of his)- he called me aside & sat me down - out in the waiting room & started lecturing me about my weight!!!
Yes, at the time I was about 40 lbs overweight. I was much younger back then & just sat there & politely listened to what he had to say. Even though, I felt he was being VERY out-of line, I still remained quiet & respectful. I thought he was taking me out to the waiting room to discuss my mom's health - but, he mentioned very little about my mom's condition. I found his actions very strange & UNPROFESSIONAL to say the least!
Had this happened just a few year later - I might have put him in his place good & proper & reminded him he was my mom's doctor NOT MINE!!!
Years later, when my mom was in her late 80's she fell & broke her hip - my husband & I were there at the Hayti hospital when the orthapedic doctor had scheduled her for surgery to repair the hip.
Dr. Benard was still her primary care doctor - and he came in while I was talking with the Orthapedic surgeon. Dr. Benard started screaming & hollowering that he would not allow my mom to have surgery to repair her broken hip!
I kept telling Dr. Bernard that we WANTED my mom to have the surgery & even got into a heated discussion with him about this. I really think Dr Bernard was caught off guard that anyone (like me) would dare question his decision!!!
Dr Bernard got so mad - he even said HE WOULD NOT ALLOW HER TO HAVE SURGERY AT THE HAYTI HOSPITAL & that if we insisted she have surgery we'd have to take her to some other hospital!!!
After Dr. Benard walked away - one of the surgerical nurses came up to me (by this time I was crying), That surgerical nurse told me not to pay ANY attention to what Dr. Bernard said - because it was ALWAYS THE FAMILY'S DECISION IF A PATIENT HAS SURGERY - and that Dr Bernard had nothing to do say about it! Moma had her surgery & shortly thereafter, we brought her to live in Rolla.
I've got a strong feeling Dr. Bernard believed that just because my mom was very old - that she should just live the rest of her life in extreme pain -or- by not having surgery to repair the broken bone, she would have soon developed a blood clot & die from that.
Oh, by the way - I've since lost over 50 lbs! But, Dr Bernard's lecture on being overweight 30 years before had nothing to do with it... I just started eating sensibly about 7 or 8 years ago...
Do you hate everyone and everything. How would you like to be shut up in a hospital or doctor's office everyday with scores of people waiting in line for you to treat them. That takes decication. I think doctors and nurses and teachers are saints
pppp

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Jul 11, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't have an orthopedic surgeon at Hayti Hospital until 5 or 6 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumpster Diver Chick 13 hr lol 4
mary Watson Pritchett Thu MaryHater 24
who sells pot in north wardell (Feb '11) Thu Lil mamma 16
6 foot Tranny Thu Dnre 24
who is billy carleton (Nov '09) Thu Guest 6
Fed bust in Steele Wed whatever 18
Legalizing atv's/utv/side by sides in the count... (Apr '12) Tue guest 24

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance