Kentucky Fried Chicken Going Boneless!

Kentucky Fried Chicken Going Boneless!

Posted in the Hayti Forum

1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#1 Apr 10, 2013
KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) the fried chicken king, recently announced plans to roll out "Original Recipe Boneless". KFC Executives insist this may be the brand's most important step forward since the company was founded more than 60 years ago.

The risky move is KFC's public admission that it's core product - a big bucket filled with fried chicken legs, thighs & breasts (on the bone) may be banished to the dust heap of fast food lore. These executves are trying to target the ultra finicky generation of the millennials.

Personally, I think this is a HUGE MISTAKE ON KFC'S part! I predict this move will go over about like Coca Cola's attempt in 1985 to improve the original Coca Cola recipe. This proved to be a big flop & did serious (temporary) damage to the company's sales.

The outcry by the public was so great, that Coca Cola had to go back to making the original recipe. That is why TODAY we see "Classic Coca Cola" in the stores. This renaming of the product was to insure customers that this "Classic Coke" was the original recipe & not the new "improved Coca Cola".

Obviously, KFC executives are ignorant of the fact that without the bones - their fried chicken will loose some of the good flavor. The bones is what helps flavor the meat...
John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Apr 10, 2013
Alumni,

Is this your opinion on this or a copy and paste from another site?
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#3 Apr 10, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Alumni,
This is 100% true about KFC going boneless!

My youngest son who spent close to 20 yrs working for the USDA as a Federal Meat Inspector & Grader & who still keeps up on what is going on in the meat industry, told me this news the other day.

But, in order to get more information - I went on the internet. If you want to check this out for yourself - be my guest.

But I assure you the last couple of paragraphs (or so) are all my own opinons. Because, I remember back in 1985 when Coca Cola was in big trouble with the American people when they tried to change the original Coca Cola recipe. The improved Coca Cola was too sweet & was not as good as the original recipe.

And with over 50 years of cooking experience - I can ASSURE you that - it is the bone & the fat in meat that gives it it's flavor!

That is why I cringe when I go to the grocery store & see that they have trimmed off all the fat from steaks & pork chops. I absolutely will not buy beef steak, beef chuck roast or pork chops that has no fat on the meat!

And I absolutely refuse to buy a ham that is not a (bone in) ham, because the bone helps flavor the whole ham - the same is true with chicken.

Did you know that it is the marbling effect in meat (the fat) that determines if the cut of beef steak is choice or not. I learned that from a professional meat grader - my own son! If a beef steak doesn't have enough fat marbled throught the meat - the meat is graded as a more inferior cut of meat - and therefore is not as valuable.

Meat graders in the big meat processing plants play a HUGE ROLE in determininng the quality & setting the price in what the plant is able to charge for the meat in the grocery stores, restruants, etc.

And naturally, it is not unusual for packing plants to try to bribe the USDA grader. My son said he had been offered bribes (in one way or another) many times. However, I'm proud to say he refused all offers.
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#4 Apr 11, 2013
Regardless whether its her opinion or not John Doe, she is entitled to post it. Digging for another venue John? Or is your sex life at home become that boring??
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#5 Apr 11, 2013
Alumni you post away! If it pisses these conservative jackwagons off that have nothing better to be than to be attention hore trolls, then its their fault, not yours.
well

Amherst, OH

#6 Apr 11, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Alumni,
Really....Really.....

U have to comment about Kentucky Freaking Fried chicken.
U hate her so bad u that anything she post u have 2 comment.

U r soooo petty and full of hate

Is it because Alumni is a woman?
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#7 Apr 11, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Really....Really.....
U have to comment about Kentucky Freaking Fried chicken.
U hate her so bad u that anything she post u have 2 comment.
U r soooo petty and full of hate
Is it because Alumni is a woman?
You know it is. He feels inferior to any woman whos smarter than he is, and thats a wide open subject compared to how dumb and a liar he is
John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Alumni,

I've seen the adds about KFC ADDING a boneless line but not in terminating everything else for boneless.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#9 Apr 11, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Alumni,
I've seen the adds about KFC ADDING a boneless line but not in terminating everything else for boneless.
John Doe,
This just shows the extent of your reading comprehension - if you even read past the 1st paragraph of my original post about KFC.

Did you not read the part that said KFC's BIG BUCKET of fried chicken will soon be boneless? Did I mention any of their other product lines changing?
John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Apr 12, 2013
Alumni,

Did you read what I said. It is my understanding that the boneless option was a new addition to the line, not that it would be replacing the existing product line. KFC was going to offer you the choice. You could order your Big Bucket "traditional style" or, for lack of a better phrase, bone in or you could order it boneless.
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#11 Apr 12, 2013
Pillsbury, do suck the meat off the bone of a chicken leg like you do to Comrades posts?
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#12 Apr 13, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Alumni,
Did you read what I said. It is my understanding that the boneless option was a new addition to the line, not that it would be replacing the existing product line. KFC was going to offer you the choice. You could order your Big Bucket "traditional style" or, for lack of a better phrase, bone in or you could order it boneless.
From what I understand, on April 14,(tomorrow) KFC will begin offering BONELESS ORIGINAL RECIPE fried chicken in their big bucket meals.

But company plans are - that within 5 years, EVERY KFC PRODUCT will be COMPLETELY BONELESS!

Of course, some young parents are all in favor of boneless chicken - because they don't have to worry about picking the meat off the bones for their small children.

But, any boneless chicken I've ever tasted just does NOT have the same flavor as chicken on-the-bone. It sort of makes me think of some of those (over-processed) hams which have no bones (or flavor). Some of these hams are encased in a sort of plastic 'fake' rind or skin.

I fear some of those products have been processed in a manner that adds other filler ingredients mixed in with the ham to congeal it together (and I'm not talking about the water content). Lots of these 'fake' hams are not really hams at all!

I've had occassion to taste these 'fake' hams at other peoples's homes & at company functions. They are not worth throwing your money away on! They are dry & bear little resemblence to the taste of real ham.

If KFC goes completely boneless - I fear this too, is what will happen to chicken. The chicken meat will be processed in a manner with other products & congealed together to make a 'taste-like' product - which will be a far-cry from the taste of 'real chicken'.

Of course, KFC executives are probably hoping that the public will not know the difference. If boneless fried chicken is served long enough - people will eventually NOT know the difference between 'fake processed' chicken & the real thing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumpster Diver Chick 55 min lol 4
mary Watson Pritchett 16 hr MaryHater 24
who sells pot in north wardell (Feb '11) 17 hr Lil mamma 16
6 foot Tranny 20 hr Dnre 24
who is billy carleton (Nov '09) Thu Guest 6
Fed bust in Steele Wed whatever 18
Legalizing atv's/utv/side by sides in the count... (Apr '12) Tue guest 24

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance