Republican Politicizing Oklahoma Torn...

Republican Politicizing Oklahoma Tornados

Posted in the Hayti Forum

Caruthersville, MO

#1 May 21, 2013
51 confirmed dead so far from yesterdays tragedy in Moore, OK.
Their bodies are not even cold yet and it was less than 12 hours later a Republican politician touts this.

Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, who is not seeking reelection in 2016, says his tornado-ravaged state shouldn't receive federal disaster without offsetting budget cuts.

CQ Roll Call reports that Coburn said he would "absolutely" demand offsets for any federal aid that Congress provides. Coburn, a doctor, added that it is too early to guess at a damage toll.

It's a stance that's sure to draw criticism, even from fellow Republican lawmakers. But it's consistent with Coburn's fiscally conservative world view.

Still, that approach may be a tough sell to Coburn's constituents. 51 people have been killed in the tornado that struck the city of Moore, according to the Oklahoma state medical examiner's office. The 200mph tornado flattened whole streets as it swept through a half-mile-wide section of Oklahoma City suburbs.

Oklahoma currently ranks third in the nation after Texas and California in terms of total federal disaster and fire declarations, which kickstart the federal emergency relief funding process. Just last month, President Barack Obama signed a disaster declaration for the state following severe snowstorms.

Coburn spokesman John Hart said his boss had "never made parochial calculations" about Oklahoma's disproportionate share of disaster funds, "as his voting record and campaign against earmarks demonstrates." Hart added that Coburn, "makes no apologies for voting against disaster aid bills that are often poorly conceived and used to finance priorities that have little to do with disasters."

Talk about a "cold hearted son of a bitch" Comrade, this is YOUR party.

Caruthersville, MO

#2 May 21, 2013
Republicans dont care about people, the way of life, religion, ethnicity, or children...all they care about is MONEY, and how much they can put in their back pockets. Life goes on like this if your a GOP. Some people mourn over tragic deaths. The GOP, kicks you while your down and shovels dirt in your face. Why shouldn't they? Your just another lost vote after you've died to them.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3 May 21, 2013
The Republican party acts and looks more like a brain washed cult than a political party. They do exactly what many cult leaders do. They talk the followers into giving their money to the leader who does not need it at their expense and suffering.
There are literally hundreds of examples of how Republicans take from the poor and give it to the rich and yet they keep voting for them because Republicans have imbedded in their head that helping the wealthy will somehow help them somehow.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#4 May 21, 2013
Oklahoma should be happy that Mitt, disaster relief is immoral, Romney wasn't elected.

Caruthersville, MO

#5 May 21, 2013
Gene I thought I would never say this, but I agree with your last comment. The Republicans of today are not like the Republicans of yesterdays gone by.
At one time the Grand Old Party, actually stood for something. Now days they are selfish and greedy just like the Democrats have always been. I guess when you cant beat them, join them.

Today I read where Tea Party people were saying that Oklahoma deserved those tornados because of passing gay marriage laws.

Sounds like something that idiot Comrade would say.

Caruthersville, MO

#6 May 21, 2013
Who in thier right mind would judge a topic like this with negative marks?? Those folks need help out there. This is exactly what Im talking about how the Republican party has become. Full hate and name calling.
Get R Done

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 May 21, 2013
I'm surprised Fox news and the Teaturds haven't started blaming Obama for the tornadoes. And whats sad, most Republicans would probably believe it. haha
just me

Hayti, MO

#8 May 21, 2013
at least they got rid of some coons that's more than we got with our tornado

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
refrigerator for sake $100 4 hr sada 2
Cheerleader uniform for sale 4 hr daddy mac 2
pumpkinhollow 4 hr daddy mac 3
football 4 hr daddy mac 4
Police Dept 4 hr daddy mac 8
Junk cars (Feb '16) 4 hr momma 4
Mark Davis no qualifications as Hospital CEO 4 hr meme 6

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance