Where was the wall to wall media cove...

Where was the wall to wall media coverage

Posted in the Hayti Forum

John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Apr 11, 2013
In case you haven't heard, a, and this is my opinion, nut went off his rocker at a community college campus in Texas and stabbed 14 people. This brings me to my concern or maybe it is a pet peeve.

Where was the wall to media coverage of this event? Why didn't we see nothing but coverage of this event no matter which network or news channel we went to? Was it because no one died? Was it because the situation was gory enough to generate ratings? Was it because a knife was used instead of a gun?

Oh they all reported the story but there was none of the wall to wall coverage we saw during Sandy Hook or Virgina Tech?

BTW, I blame the left and right reporting outlets. Both were at fault here. Please note, I am condemning BOTH SIDES.
here

Steele, MO

#2 Apr 11, 2013
I agree, we did not have a focal point to place blame. Or at least not one that someone could spin in the right political direction.
John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Apr 11, 2013
So you thinka lack of a focal to place the blame on is why it wasn't covered.

Anyone else?

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 12, 2013
It’s the same as the abortion doctor trial for murder. If it doesn’t fit into the liberal Democratic Party agenda, it ain’t news.

Liberals prefer to keep their voters dumb and out of the loop when such things happen. No need to get the slaves stirred up with such things.
John Doe

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 Apr 12, 2013
The abortion doctor murder trial is interesting.

If you haven't heard about this case blame the main stream media who are at best giving the story extremely minimal and marginal coverage:

http://www.businessinsider.com/kermit-gosnell...

I find this rather confusing seeing as the media seems to love sensation murder and mass murder trial coverage.

Currently it is Jody Arias getting massive coverage. Casey Anthony was cover tighter than a spandex blanket. The Trayvon Martin case got a great deal of coverage and in the case of the last, are still getting coverage. OJ Simpson dominated the news, at all three of his trails.

This Doctor is charged with murder of seven infants and one patient. The man's "target" was low income inner city women, meaning minorities and immigrants. The left should be outraged but where is that outrage? Why isn't the media giving this trial the same cover it has given other murder cases?

I also remember erroneous reporting by the main stream media that they never corrected and never apologized for. Anyone remember Jarrod Loughner? They tried to brand him as some sort of a right wing extremist from the start of coverage. Later it was proven he was simply an apolitical mentally ill person and there was never one attempt by the media to set the record straight. There was never a retraction or even a simple, "We had this information incorrect and in our rush to bring you the news, we reported it. We apologize for our error."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is billy carleton (Nov '09) 2 hr Guest 6
mary Watson Pritchett 4 hr honestly 23
Fed bust in Steele 13 hr whatever 18
Legalizing atv's/utv/side by sides in the count... (Apr '12) Tue guest 24
Steele Tue Jason 4
Dumpster Diver Chick Tue Youthinkiamplaying 2
Any haunted places in hayti? Tue JWS 1

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance