Talk about disrespectful

Talk about disrespectful

Posted in the Hayti Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
P O -ed

Caruthersville, MO

#1 Mar 1, 2009
If you are raising children that have the nerve to go up into strangers' yards and knock over snowmen YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. I had the fear of god put in me when I was a child about going up into someone else's yard - even simply to cut a corner. It is really obvious how little some parents care and how little they are really involved in their child's life. And one with him only had a tee shirt on out there. No coat.
But I do have to say one thing I'm sure you taught them - they never would spill their name or where they lived. Bet I could guess now how productive members of society they become.
Peed off too

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Mar 1, 2009
Five little black boys just ran though our neighborhood knocking down snowmen ,what really p'ed me off is when I called the cops they said they would send an officer out but never did if they had of came out they could of caught them and I could of IDed them but I guess it's no big deal that an eight year olds snowman got knocked down and yea I agree it's not as big of a deal as other things but these same boys will be the ones breaking windows and into houses in a few years and it will be the parents of these boys (not teaching respect)and the police departments fault (for not thinking knocking a snowman down is a big deal.)
Peed off too

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 1, 2009
sorry about the double post.
Peed off too

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Mar 1, 2009
These same boys just came back ,I guess I have to worry about what other mischief they will do around my house now that cpd doesn't think it was a big deal ,I guess when I catch them again and I get my hands on one of them then the cops will come huh.I would like to thank the police Dept. for teaching my eight year old that something that belongs to her and she was proud of can be destroyed and the police Dept. doesn't care.
CLIENT

Caruthersville, MO

#5 Mar 1, 2009
I LIVE NEAR TRUMAN AND SOME KIDS HAD BUILT A VERY NICE SNOWMAN. I CAME BACK FROM THE GROCERY STORE AND IT WAS KNOCKED DOWN TOO. I FIGURED THEY JUST DID IT THEMSELVES BUT PROBABLY NOT NOW SINCE THESE KIDS ARE KNOCKING THEM DOWN FOR UGLINESS.
snowman momma

United States

#6 Mar 1, 2009
My 6yr old and her friend spent a long time making their snowmen and it really upset her that someone came and knocked it down. I can't believe the nerve of some people.
guest

Sunnyvale, CA

#7 Mar 1, 2009
you should have requested a deputy come to your house. they arent afraid to work like the city police is.
lol

Sunnyvale, CA

#8 Mar 1, 2009
now the city police had more important things to do like sit at morgans or jiffy jims and eat.
Peed off too

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Mar 1, 2009
That's ok because I know that the dispatch let them know and dispatched them to my address but they never showed up now tommorrow Mr. Riggs can explain to me a voter why his officers did not feel the need to come to my house after it was dispatched ,Granted it was just a snowman but I am a voter and taxpayer and I have every right to have the cpd answer my calls.I have also on my own found out who these kids were and where they live so Mr.Riggs can follow up on my not so important call. These children are in the 1st ,2nd,and third grade and already destroying peoples property what will they be doing when they turn teens.
curious

United States

#10 Mar 1, 2009
Peed off too wrote:
That's ok because I know that the dispatch let them know and dispatched them to my address but they never showed up now tommorrow Mr. Riggs can explain to me a voter why his officers did not feel the need to come to my house after it was dispatched ,Granted it was just a snowman but I am a voter and taxpayer and I have every right to have the cpd answer my calls.I have also on my own found out who these kids were and where they live so Mr.Riggs can follow up on my not so important call. These children are in the 1st ,2nd,and third grade and already destroying peoples property what will they be doing when they turn teens.
How sad that someone disrespectful kids would be so cruel. I wished you had caugh them and made the police come and do something to them. I agree, someone should have responded if you called and should not have just blown you off.
thatslife

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Mar 1, 2009
Peed off too wrote:
These same boys just came back ,I guess I have to worry about what other mischief they will do around my house now that cpd doesn't think it was a big deal ,I guess when I catch them again and I get my hands on one of them then the cops will come huh.I would like to thank the police Dept. for teaching my eight year old that something that belongs to her and she was proud of can be destroyed and the police Dept. doesn't care.
CPD are good at teaching youngsters that it's okay to steal or destroy property because they don't care. A couple of years ago, some of my children's belongings were stolen & very important momental things were taken by Christina Cain & the woman even admitted to taking the things & all the police told her was to please return the items, which she never did & the police did nothing to her. We actually drove by & saw some of my daughters things in her yard & my child who was eight at the time wanted to get out & take them & I wouldn't let her because I knew we would be in trouble for trespassing & stealing our own stuff. We drove straight to the police station & they didn't care. So thanks to CPD, my daughter no longer trusts the police & has no faith in them, but I have taught her it's morally wrong to steal because as a parent that's my job. But trust me, I know how you feel. CPD doesn't care because it didn't happen to them or any of their family members. If so, I promise those kids who did that would have hell to pay.
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Mar 1, 2009
I was listening to the scanner and I am pretty sure the police were VERY busy all day & night. People continued to get stuck all day long...you would not believe it, I mean every few seconds.
Maybe it wasn't personal:)
Peed off too

United States

#13 Mar 1, 2009
Just sayin wrote:
I was listening to the scanner and I am pretty sure the police were VERY busy all day & night. People continued to get stuck all day long...you would not believe it, I mean every few seconds.
Maybe it wasn't personal:)
Tell my eight year old that and see if it restores her faith in the police.You see that snowman was nothing to you or I but to her it was very special because her and her Dad made it and she had been waiting a long time for enough snow to make one.Not to mention that as parents we have taught her that the police are there for you when you need them and she is taught the same in school but they were not there today so I think I will take her with me when I talk to Chris and maybe just maybe he can explain to her why they were not there for her especially when she saw one drive right by our house after we called them and he didn't stop.
Mad White Old Lady

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Mar 1, 2009
Peed off too wrote:
That's ok because I know that the dispatch let them know and dispatched them to my address but they never showed up now tommorrow Mr. Riggs can explain to me a voter why his officers did not feel the need to come to my house after it was dispatched ,Granted it was just a snowman but I am a voter and taxpayer and I have every right to have the cpd answer my calls.I have also on my own found out who these kids were and where they live so Mr.Riggs can follow up on my not so important call. These children are in the 1st ,2nd,and third grade and already destroying peoples property what will they be doing when they turn teens.
Well I think ya'll are so silly to call the police over some bunch of little kids who knocked the little snowman over. I mean ya'll act like the snowman is going to be there forever. The police has more important things to do then worry about ur little snowmen people. Grow up people. Sometimes I don't understand why ya'll always say something about the little black kids. The white kids aren't any better. Remember it's not the kids fault. I hope Chris Riggs slams the door in your face and tells u ur nutts woman! And Im sure your little kid cried all night because of the little snowman...Your kid should've laughed and helped them knock it over. Show her how to be a kid and not just a special little kid who cant do anything fun!
Peed off too

United States

#15 Mar 1, 2009
CPD officers that were working march 1st between 1pm and 6 pm if you are reading this please take the time to find out who I am and come tell my eight year old why you didn't bother to even come by ,maybe you can restore her faith in the law since you are the ones that put a doubt in her young mind. Thank You because of you I had a lot of questions asked of me about why you didn't come and I still have no answers for her.
Peed off too

United States

#16 Mar 1, 2009
Mad White Old Lady wrote:
<quoted text>Well I think ya'll are so silly to call the police over some bunch of little kids who knocked the little snowman over. I mean ya'll act like the snowman is going to be there forever. The police has more important things to do then worry about ur little snowmen people. Grow up people. Sometimes I don't understand why ya'll always say something about the little black kids. The white kids aren't any better. Remember it's not the kids fault. I hope Chris Riggs slams the door in your face and tells u ur nutts woman! And Im sure your little kid cried all night because of the little snowman...Your kid should've laughed and helped them knock it over. Show her how to be a kid and not just a special little kid who cant do anything fun!
Sounds like you may of knocked a few over in your lifetime too .No one said white kids were better hell for all you know I may be black,It's about respect and by the sound of the why you replied you need to learn some .Have a good day.
P O -ed

Caruthersville, MO

#17 Mar 1, 2009
For the record the boys that I WITNESSED knocking over my snowman was white. And I cannot believe anyone is so mean and hateful that they it is funny when a child's first snowman is knocked to the ground for meanness by a complete stranger who had no business in my yard for any reason. You'll get yours someday.
P O -ed

Caruthersville, MO

#18 Mar 1, 2009
And the vandals didn't knock on the door and ask my son to come out and take the snowman down. They run up in the yard and attacked it like an animal and basically ran from us when we were trying to question them. About an hour later though the not too intelligent (obviously) children returned to their home and we saw them go in the door. My husband followed them in and the grandmother gave them a talkin to. I do not know for sure if they were the ones that knocked over the one of Truman but could have been as I live close to Truman. But I cannot imagine they would have had the nerve after the way we reacted. But some people never learn. That is why we feel like people should be concerned. They will only grow and escalate their crimes. And maybe, hopefully YOU will be their next victim.
-guest-

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2009
Next time something like that happens tell them you have cookies or doughnuts, and before you got the sentence out of your mouth you'd see the lights out of your window! Haha. Caruthersville City Police needs to do something... Like, THEIR JOBS.
childofthe60s

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Mar 1, 2009
to some people this may not mean a thing, to this child, it was special, something one cant do everyday, they took the time to build something they were proud of, to some this may be petty, to this child it wasnt, it was as important as someone coming onto your property and taking something that you worked hard to pay for,what this parent is saying is that kids today arent taught R.E.S.P.E.C.T. it's a shame that people just dont care anymore, when my brother and i were younger and would walk to school,our parents allowed us to take shortcuts through alleys and such, but we were in no way allowed to walk through someones yard and we didnt either, we didnt stop and steal apples from someones tree {like other kids did} we were taught R.E.S.P.E.C.T ! and we knew GOD was watching us too, our parents knew everyone and someone always had an eye out for us since our parents were still at work by the time school got out anyway...sorry about rambling but i just cant stand the way no one has rules anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stephanie rayburn 13 min Billy bracken 3
Town needs a drug bust 1 hr guest 39
Richie/Teresa 5 hr Karma 48
Henry Holt Passes Way (Dec '08) 8 hr Guest 32
remember steele in the late fifties (Jan '08) 12 hr Stevo 97
Melissa Craig Partain (Oct '14) 12 hr Stevo 19
Bondage tie up games. 12 hr Stevo 2

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hayti Mortgages