Medic One to take over Pemiscot Count...

Medic One to take over Pemiscot County ambulance service

There are 8 comments on the story from Jan 9, 2014, titled Medic One to take over Pemiscot County ambulance service. In it, reports that:

Pemiscot Memorial Health Systems in Hayti, MO has made the decision to privatize their ambulance and EMS services to Medic One , according to CEO Kerry Noble during an interview on Jan. 8. "After consideration the Board has made the decision to allow Medic One to provide ambulance service to the county," Noble said.

Join the discussion below, or

Farmington, MO

#1 Jan 11, 2014
Will they be better? I have heard their response time could be slow.
Sad But True

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jan 12, 2014
According to the location & ETA. Funny but we voted years ago for a tax to support ambulance service but GH jack around with it after it passed hence no tax to support ambulance service

Farmington, MO

#3 Jan 12, 2014
Yeah he changed the wording to maintenance. I hope though some of the good emts stay and it does feel good response time will be better. I clicked the link in the story and they look like a pretty solid operation!

Hayti, MO

#4 Jan 13, 2014
Did anything ever come from the GH situation or did he pay someone off?

Farmington, MO

#5 Jan 16, 2014
Nope, nothing.

Blytheville, AR

#6 Jan 18, 2014
Your community will be pleased with Medic One! I sure miss them in Blytheville!

Humboldt, TN

#7 Jan 21, 2014
really wrote:
Nope, nothing.
Are there any plans to try to recoup any of the money that he overcharged the hospital?
Common Sense

Ozark, MO

#8 Jan 22, 2014
I am curious. When the turnover of the previous board took place, one of the things the current administration was upset about was the outsourcing of the billing and the food services. I remember the administrator was adamant the hospital was losing money because these items were outsourced to someone else then there was this big Hurrah about conflicts of interest. So was that all just a smoke screen for the administrator to get the board out so he could continue running the hospital into the ground? What is different now about outsourcing the ambulance? This is another source of revenue for the hospital we will be losing. Why, all of a sudden, are we outsourcing yet another source of revenue for the hospital then asking the people of Pemiscot County to once again pay more taxes so they can continue doing what they have been doing wrong these past years? Is this another area of mismanagement where we have outdated equipment and we are not sending the information in correctly to get paid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knoxs 3 hr homeytheclown 38
Dumpster divers 5 hr iamdecent 1
Robbery 6 hr iamdecent 13
Awful Tats 9 hr Guest 10
stealing 11 hr michichee 5
House to rent (Jun '14) 12 hr madkat 36
Town full of ??? 18 hr Victor 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hayti Mortgages