Why Has The GOP Became So Racist?
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#122 Aug 16, 2013
Poor ol Doug.

He cant get the attention he craves in his own threads, so he has to come to another (mainly mine) and name call people just to satisfy that urge craving he has.

So tell me Doug, if you "never read my posts" why is it I read in other threads of you constantly calling my name or insulting me directly?

Name calling is all you got boy. Google made you a pretend to be smart man. Your real words expose just what kind of short wimp with no life you really are.

Stroudsburg, PA

#123 Aug 16, 2013
Gene wrote:
Poor ol Doug.

He cant get the attention he craves in his own threads, so he has to come to another (mainly mine) and name call people just to satisfy that urge craving he has.

So tell me Doug, if you "never read my posts" why is it I read in other threads of you constantly calling my name or insulting me directly?

Name calling is all you got boy. Google made you a pretend to be smart man. Your real words expose just what kind of short wimp with no life you really are.
i don't see Commie or Doug as u call him doing any name calling, but you on the other hand are doing quite a lot Gene! It seems to me the name calling is what you have been doing on most every post Comrade starts or post too.. If you don't like his post a sane intelligent post would be in order not the snide racist remarks your throwing... It's easier on us and cuts down on the negative rhetoric.. Post your remarks and leave the negative nasty remarks out.. Nobody cares what you think of him...we will make up our own mind...
Random Reader

Caruthersville, MO

#124 Aug 16, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>i don't see Commie or Doug as u call him doing any name calling, but you on the other hand are doing quite a lot Gene! It seems to me the name calling is what you have been doing on most every post Comrade starts or post too.. If you don't like his post a sane intelligent post would be in order not the snide racist remarks your throwing... It's easier on us and cuts down on the negative rhetoric.. Post your remarks and leave the negative nasty remarks out.. Nobody cares what you think of him...we will make up our own mind...
He called 61 a "Lemming". So Gene was spot on and you of course are always "clueless". Thought you were going to stop posting in Topix Jerry?
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#125 Aug 16, 2013
The walrus wrote:
How is it a trick. Read what you just wrote. You said, who knows where we would be if the war didn't happen. You "guess" that FDR would have kept trying stuff until he found something that worked. By saying that you are admitting that the war, not his policy, is what saved the country. Then you say you "can't imagine" (guess) that republican ideology would have brought us out of the depression. Well guess what it already has before. Look at Reagan. His conservative ideology did bring us out of one. Look at JFK. He also lowered taxes and brought the country out of an economic downturn. Were they as bad as the Great Depression? No, but the fact is there policies worked during a down time. The size of the depression isn't the point. If the policies work, they work. You did nothing but guess and make assumptions through your whole comment. You gave no facts to back anything up. That Is the liberal "trust me I know what in talking about" mentality. Doesn't work for me. You say FDR brought us out and we would've been doomed without his policies. Then in the next breath you say you don't know what would have happened without the war. That you guess FDR was smart enough to keep trying stuff until he found something that worked. This is the guy liberals worship and that is all on a hunch that we would have kept spinning the wheel until he came up a winner? I'll tell you what I think. I think that the policies FDR put in place during the Great Depression are ruining this country today. He had good intentions, but every liberal since has ran with his policies and made a mockery of it. Which is why now that nearly half of this country receives government assistance. Those policies destroyed the American dream. They have taken the motivation out of the American people. We now have a system in place that rewards laziness. It is a system abused like no other. Study after study now shows that there is more government waste in the government assistance programs than in any other program in our federal government. Why is that? Is the government incapable of catching the people cheating the welfare system? Or is it, that they are ok with it? I think they like it that way. The more people rely on government assistance, the more government owns them. The more government can take away their freedoms in the name of safety and well being. Prove to me that FDRs policies brought us out of the Great Depression better than conservative policies. Because I can explain to you and show you a hundred articles that say the opposite. There are hundreds of economists that say FDRs policies extended the Great Depression much longer than it should have lasted.
So, why didn't Hoover's policies make a dent in the Depression? He had three & a half years to prove himself - you know. I will repeat it again - THE TRUTH IS IN THE PUDDING! The fact is -FDR GOT US OUT OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION!!!

Republicans have so much propaganda out there - there's ALWAYS a ready-made "canned" right-wing response to every challenge made to your conservative ideology! Yes, it seems ALL CONSERVATIVES (like you) regardless, of TRUTH - always have a ready made come-back. Are you ALL READING FROM THE PLAYBOOK???

It's amazing just how far you right-wingers are willing to go to defend your FLAWED IDEOLOGY Can't you see before your very eyes that the Republican party is going downhill fast - SOON TO BE GONE FOREVER???
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#126 Aug 16, 2013
Walrus,
Since you keep claiming that FDR & Democratic policies are so bad for the country - how do explain that FDR was elected THREEE TIMES FOR PRESIDENT BY HUGE MAJORITIES???

1936 FDR 60% of the vote
1940 FDR 54.7% of the vote
1944 FDR 53% of the vote

How can you ALSO expain that a Democrat president was in the white house for 24 YEARS AFTER THE GREAT DEPRESSION? Only one Repubican president (Eisenhower) resided in the white house for 8 years during this period OF THE MOST PROSPEROUS PERIOD OF AMERICAN HISTORY?

And how do you also explain that from the years 1945 - till the early 70's that America's economy was booming. It wasn't unill the early 1970's that the economy started faltering?

After all, a DEMOCRAT HAD SAT IN THE WHITE HOUSE FOR MOST OF THOSE PROSPEROUS YEARS....

Are you really having the audicity to say that THE BIGGEST PERCENT OF AMERICAN VOTERS WERE JUST PLAIN STUPID FROM THE YEARS 1932 TO 1970???

That's almost 40 years of prosperity (that's been described as the golden or gilded years of America.

Do you really claim that most of those voters were stupid, misinformed, ignorant, illerate - what is your answer to why SO MANY AMERICANS KEPT VOTING FOR DEMOCRATS AS PRESIDENT???

As I said before - THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!!!

I think we all (even you) can attest that fact - JUST TAKE GEORGE BUSH JR - the proof is definately in the pudding that HIS CONSERVATIVE IDEOLOGY DIDN'T WORK - heck, we're still suffering from Bush's debacle!!!

Now, Walrus, dig out & scour the internet to dig up some "canned" conservative talking points to prove me wrong.

Because the facts are clear - yes, the proof is in the pudding...

Those DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTS MUST HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS OF THE MOST PROPERIOUS TIME IN AMERICAN HISTORY...
Texastwister

Stroudsburg, PA

#127 Aug 16, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why didn't Hoover's policies make a dent in the Depression? He had three & a half years to prove himself - you know. I will repeat it again - THE TRUTH IS IN THE PUDDING! The fact is -FDR GOT US OUT OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION!!!
Republicans have so much propaganda out there - there's ALWAYS a ready-made "canned" right-wing response to every challenge made to your conservative ideology! Yes, it seems ALL CONSERVATIVES (like you) regardless, of TRUTH - always have a ready made come-back. Are you ALL READING FROM THE PLAYBOOK???
It's amazing just how far you right-wingers are willing to go to defend your FLAWED IDEOLOGY Can't you see before your very eyes that the Republican party is going downhill fast - SOON TO BE GONE FOREVER???
It seems Your Lost in the Liberal Media Hype!! EVERYTHING you read on the Internet Is TRUE Especially if it denounces The Republicans..(must be true its on the internet) LOL your so Freakin Gullible!!!!! Its on Factcheck.org its TRUE!!!!LOL IDIOT!!!
Chief

United States

#128 Aug 16, 2013
Wanna see what obamacare does on the local level. Pay attention to the next couple of months of the the local hospital. Senator mccaskill said we are on our own sorry. She owns multiple nursing homes that are profitable. But our lil county hospital is over 7 million in debt and if Medicare and Medicaid doesn't step up and pay like they are supposed to in the next 8 weeks. It's all over. For starters all clinics will be closed and 40 percent of the work force is gonna lose there job there. This is all public info all you have to do is attend the meetings they are open to the public.
The walrus

United States

#129 Aug 16, 2013
I don't know how many times I have to keep saying this. Hoover was not a conservative. He did not use conservative policies to try and get out of the Great Depression. He used liberal policies. I am not going to repeat them. You can read back and see, although that hasn't worked yet. Bush was no conservative either when it came to the economy. If he was, how can you explain TARP and a 25% increase in spending. Tell me how either of these are conservative policies. And FDR won reelection because or the reasons I stated before. He put people on the government food wagon and they wanted the money to keep coming. Let me ask you this. Are you a fan of going for what the majority wants? If so, you must be the racist here. Why do you think we fought a civil war? If Lincoln wanted to free the slaves, why didn't he just vote on it? You know why? Because the majority of Americans were pro slavery. That is why. All throughout history you can find where majority rule ends in disaster. That is no argument. Majority ruled when we killed native Americans. Majority rules when blacks had a deprecate bathroom than the white man. Majority ruled when women weren't allowed to vote. So, I don't think majority rule is where you want to stake your claim in this argument either. Keep trying, and maybe sooner or later you will be like FDR, and guess correctly (your words not mine).

And again, as always, you have been caught being hypocritical. You say, "why didn't Hoovers policies bring us out since he had 3 1/2 years to fix it", but yet, you defend Obama when he has had going on 5 years to fix it. How can you blame one person for something when you defend another for the same. In fact, it is worse for Obama because we both agree that the Great Depression was worse than the existing one.
The walrus

United States

#130 Aug 16, 2013
And I hate to keep doing this, but the gilded age you are referring to started around 1870 and ended well before the Great Depression. But, you only missed it by half a century
tiger high

Jonesboro, LA

#131 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok, Tiger High - you got some explaining to do here. Just tell me WHO'S A-- AM I KISSING???
you must have misread my post - gene made a comment that I was kissing ass - I told him I wasn't - then I said something like- like 61, you think if I agree with someone, that means I am kissing their ass - I know I do not use proper sentence structure on here - just the way I write on here - never have and never will accuse you of ass kissing - fruit cake

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#133 Aug 16, 2013
Chief wrote:
Wanna see what obamacare does on the local level. Pay attention to the next couple of months of the the local hospital. Senator mccaskill said we are on our own sorry. She owns multiple nursing homes that are profitable. But our lil county hospital is over 7 million in debt and if Medicare and Medicaid doesn't step up and pay like they are supposed to in the next 8 weeks. It's all over. For starters all clinics will be closed and 40 percent of the work force is gonna lose there job there. This is all public info all you have to do is attend the meetings they are open to the public.
I hope Medicare / Medicaid step up. It's a shame things have gotten to this point.

The very idiots that will suffer the most with the loss of jobs and loss of medical services are some of Obama's biggest local supporters.

Ironic to say the least.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#134 Aug 16, 2013
tiger high wrote:
<quoted text>you must have misread my post - gene made a comment that I was kissing ass - I told him I wasn't - then I said something like- like 61, you think if I agree with someone, that means I am kissing their ass - I know I do not use proper sentence structure on here - just the way I write on here - never have and never will accuse you of ass kissing - fruit cake
Well, I'm glad to hear that Tiger High! Although some other Topix poster called me that a few days ago. I was puzzled, because - of all the people on Topix Im probably the LEAST LIKELY TO BE AN A-- KISSER. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Hey, when are you going to answer my questions about if you remember you daddy sitting with my daddy on our front porch listening to baseball games & boxing matches on radio back in the 50's? You may be a little too young to remember this though.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#135 Aug 16, 2013
The walrus wrote:
And I hate to keep doing this, but the gilded age you are referring to started around 1870 and ended well before the Great Depression. But, you only missed it by half a century
Yes, there was a golden age or (gilded age) back in 1870.

But, The period after WW2 (all through the 50') were also called THE GOLDEN AGE OF AMERICA. It has also been called the GOLDEN AGE OF CAPITALISM.(if you don't believe me, look it up)

Now, don't get all excited & start posting "SEE I TOLD YOU, it IS CAPITALISM THAT CREATES JOBS" to fire back at me.

Yes, CAPITALISM DOES CREATE JOBS - with a little help from Government money - in order to PRIME THE PUMP!

But, before, you start post a scathing rebuttle to my post - please let me remind you that during this GOLDEN AGE OF AMERICA - Business were paying some of the HIGHEST TAXES THEY'VE EVER PAID!!!

Yes, you heard me right - during America's most PROSPEROUS TIME IN HISTORY - BUSINESSES & RICH FOLKS WERE PAYING SOME OF THE HIGHEST TAXES IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY.

That just blows the HELL out of all your sacred CONSERVATIVE IDEOLOGY & TALKING POINTS DOESN'T IT???
The walrus

United States

#136 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, there was a golden age or (gilded age) back in 1870.
But, The period after WW2 (all through the 50') were also called THE GOLDEN AGE OF AMERICA. It has also been called the GOLDEN AGE OF CAPITALISM.(if you don't believe me, look it up)
Now, don't get all excited & start posting "SEE I TOLD YOU, it IS CAPITALISM THAT CREATES JOBS" to fire back at me.
Yes, CAPITALISM DOES CREATE JOBS - with a little help from Government money - in order to PRIME THE PUMP!
But, before, you start post a scathing rebuttle to my post - please let me remind you that during this GOLDEN AGE OF AMERICA - Business were paying some of the HIGHEST TAXES THEY'VE EVER PAID!!!
Yes, you heard me right - during America's most PROSPEROUS TIME IN HISTORY - BUSINESSES & RICH FOLKS WERE PAYING SOME OF THE HIGHEST TAXES IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY.
That just blows the HELL out of all your sacred CONSERVATIVE IDEOLOGY & TALKING POINTS DOESN'T IT???
Hahaha. You wish. I am about to go out and eat with family, but I will respond when I return. Be preparing your racist comments. Or perhaps you will go with your Limbaugh, hannity, beck rant. Either way, get one of them geared up.

United States

#137 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>Yes, there was a golden age or (gilded age) back in 1870.

the marginal tax rate (one that influences behavior) was in the 90's during the 50's
Of course a lot more tax is actually collected from high earners at today's rate than at those rates.
There was less actual tax collected from high earners then, even though the marginal rates are higher. That's because at very high marginal rates it pays you to spend a lot of effort avoiding the tax..
The actual percent of GDP collected is quite constant over time no matter what the marginal rates were... So all in all your not right at all......
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#138 Aug 16, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>the marginal tax rate (one that influences behavior) was in the 90's during the 50's
Of course a lot more tax is actually collected from high earners at today's rate than at those rates.
There was less actual tax collected from high earners then, even though the marginal rates are higher. That's because at very high marginal rates it pays you to spend a lot of effort avoiding the tax..
The actual percent of GDP collected is quite constant over time no matter what the marginal rates were... So all in all your not right at all......
Well Jerry,
Both in the 90's & the 50s" the economy was booming. Doesn't that tell you something???
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#139 Aug 16, 2013
Walrus,
Yes, Hoover made a few feeble efforts to deal with the Depression but they were unsuccessful! Hoover remarked to a Senator "No man can live up to it". So, when all his efforts failed - he more or less did NOTHING while he sat out the rest of his term. This is why HOOVER WAS KNOWN AS THE "DO NOTHING PRESIDENT".

Hoover's biggest mistake was that he overlooked the fact that the problem of unemployment was too big for the private sector & state & local governments to handle adequetly.

By, 1932, unemployment had reached 24.99% nationwide! This was so massive a problem that ONLY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT with it's borrowing power & ability to print currency could cope with it! HOOVER, NEVERTHELESS REFUSED TO BUDGE...

Hoover was harshly critized for his refusal to authorize large-scale relief programs that might have alleviated the nations suffering & hunger. His unwillingness to use a signifant amount of dollars to stimulate the nation's economy & his failures to recognize the all-encompassing nature of the Great Depression.

So, in 1932 Hoover lost the presidential election to FDR by a huge landslide! Only 6 of the 48 states voted for Hoover...

Yes, Walrus - YOU & HOOVER share a common bond - because you both believe many of the same conservative idiologies!!!

Yes, Hoover made some feeble efforts (some of which you claim to be LIBERAL) but they didn't amount to much in light of the monumental amount of GOVERNMENT MONEY it really took to get out of the Great Depression.

Like I said on another post - because of the conservative ideology - it was imposssible for Hoover to bring the country out of the Great Depression...

United States

#140 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>Well Jerry,
Both in the 90's & the 50s" the economy was booming. Doesn't that tell you something???
I'm Jon thank you.. The 90's was nothin but the dot com high!! that's what Clinton was riding and the war machine turned over to civillan manufacturing turned the 50's to prosperity again your tax rate post is wrong!!

Caruthersville, MO

#141 Aug 16, 2013
ComradeWinston wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope Medicare / Medicaid step up. It's a shame things have gotten to this point.
The very idiots that will suffer the most with the loss of jobs and loss of medical services are some of Obama's biggest local supporters.
Ironic to say the least.
Oh so now your for medicare /medicaid when here a few months back you said medicare and medicaid should be banned. You stupid hypocrite you cant keep up with your own lies and how do you like it that Gene's post had outnumbered anything you ever tossed into Topix. Wanna know why? Because all you ever bash or talk about is Obama. You have a serious issue and its called racism.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#142 Aug 16, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Jon thank you.. The 90's was nothin but the dot com high!! that's what Clinton was riding and the war machine turned over to civillan manufacturing turned the 50's to prosperity again your tax rate post is wrong!!
Again, I say in the 90's & the 50s the economy was booming. Doesn't that tell you something???

If the war machine of WW 2 was responsible for turning over to cvillian manufacturing why didn't we get an economic boost for Bush Jrs. two wars???

Could it be that Bush was DUMB enough to give huge tax cuts to Americans & then started two wars???

During WW taxes were raised to support the war effort. Heck, they were even selling millions of war bonds to support the war!

No effort at all was made to support Bush's two wars - that is why it will take decades for this country to climb out of the hole he put us in...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tina at Flash 34 min Ex customer 3
Top 10dead beat dads (May '13) 3 hr Jose 82
Caretaker/Whites Associate 6 hr CCM 2
ricky crosno (Nov '08) 7 hr April 18
school watning Thu daddo 1
What about Sarah stark Thu Gizzy 6
Kratom? (Jul '17) Feb 14 Yep 4

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance