Why Has The GOP Became So Racist?

Posted in the Hayti Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#1 Aug 11, 2013
In the age of politic correctness, it is often frowned upon to state the obvious for fear of offending. Take this comment I made yesterday about the Republican’s treatment of President Obama during his first term in office:

While Obama had success on many fronts (health care, financial regulation and the environment to name a few), he was mercilessly attacked by Republicans who seemed incensed that a black man was in the White House with a liberal agenda.
A reader took exception to my assertion that Republicans have exhibited racist behavior towards the President and left the following comment:

I enjoyed reading your thoughtful analysis of the president’s speech and your forecast for the second term…..until the completely uncalled for and unsubstantiated accusation of racism.
I may just be strange, but baseless racism accusations bother me almost as much as actual racism.
Accusing someone of racism is pretty serious, and it isn’t a line of attack I take lightly. However, if you look at the track record of the GOP over the past four years, it is abundantly clear that they have used racially charged rhetoric against the President and engaged in disrespectful behavior that no white politician in his position would ever have to face. Let’s go through some examples:

1. At one of President Obama’s first appearances before Congress, Rep. Joe Wilson shouted “You lie!” at the top of his voice while Obama spoke on health care reform.

2. House Speaker John Boehner rejected President Obama’s request to speak to a joint session of Congress. This was the first denial in the history of America – unsurprisingly directed at the first African American President.

3.‘Birthers’ were given prominent speaking roles at the Republican convention in Tampa, Florida.

4. Mitt Romney openly courted Donald Trump, one of the most visible proponents of the Birther movement.

5. Newt Gingrich labelled Obama “The greatest food stamp President in American history,” a remark clearly designed to rile up white America.

6. In a rant on Benghazi, Sarah Palin wrote on her facebook wall:“President Obama’s shuck and jive shtick with these Benghazi lies must end.” As CNN’s Roland Martin stated:

“Shucking and jiving” have long been words used as a negative assessment of African Americans, along the lines of a “foot shufflin’ Negro.” In fact, I don’t recall ever hearing the phrase used in reference to anyone white.
7. Mitt Romney’s speech at the NAACP in 2012 where he lectured the audience on welfare dependency was one of the most blatant uses of the ‘Southern Strategy’ in modern history. As Charles Blow in the New York Times wrote:

The speech sounded like it was designed not for the audience in the room, but for those in Republican living rooms.
It sounded as though he wanted to show force and fearlessness:“Look folks, I walked into hostile territory unafraid and unbowed.” This was his version of a Daniel in the lions’ den speech.
Talk tough. Get heckled and booed for telling the truth to those who don’t want to hear it. Take the president down a couple of pegs in front of the most loyal segment of his supporters…
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#2 Aug 11, 2013
8. Colin Powell’s former chief of staff Col. Lawrence Wilkerson publicly stated that the Republican Party is “full of racists” who only want President Obama out of office because of “the color of his skin”.“Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists,” Wilkerson said on MSNBC’s “The Ed Show.””And the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander in chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin. And that’s despicable.”

9. Voter suppression tactics. The GOP has been actively pursuing the non-existent problem of voter fraud. At the behest of Karl Rove and the party bosses, Republicans have instituted various forms of voter suppression aimed at preventing Democratic-leaning blocs from voting. The Brennan Center for Justice notes that“The impact of ID requirements is even greater for the elderly, students, people with disabilities, low-income individuals, and people of color….“African Americans have driver’s licenses at half the rate of whites, and the disparity increases among younger voters; only 22% of black men aged 18-24 had a valid driver’s license. Not only are minority voters less likely to possess photo ID, but they are also more likely than white voters to be selectively asked for ID at the polls.”

Of course there are many Republicans who are not racist and are surely disgusted by the behavior and attitude shown towards the President by members of their party (Lawrence Wilkerson is one of them). Many Republicans are also dismayed at their party’s attempt to prevent people from voting through age old voter suppression tactics. But to deny the notion that the GOP suffers from institutionalized racism is to deny the facts. The Party openly courts Birthers, rarely admonishes members for racially charged language, and tries to stop minorities from voting. It doesn’t get more racist than that.
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#3 Aug 11, 2013
Hey Comrade, I know your scanning over this because your daughter quit reading it for you...LOL

Daddy I dont want to read those big words anymore I want to watch Sponge Bob.

NO!!!!!!!!!! SpongeBob is the Anti-Christ and a Democrat!!!!!!!!!! NOW READ THIS TO DADDY!!!!!!!!
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#4 Aug 11, 2013
Gene wrote:
Hey Comrade, I know your scanning over this because your daughter quit reading it for you...LOL
Daddy I dont want to read those big words anymore I want to watch Sponge Bob.
NO!!!!!!!!!! SpongeBob is the Anti-Christ and a Democrat!!!!!!!!!! NOW READ THIS TO DADDY!!!!!!!!
Gene,
I want to commend you for a WONDERFUL POST - this is my sentiments exactly, only your post says it better than I ever could!

If your post had not already been judged - I would give it the highest ratings possible on Topix - BRILLIANT, AGREE, INTERESTING & HELPFUL.

Keep fighting the good fight... Alumni

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#5 Aug 11, 2013
Don't say that. You will get some GOP troll who will post about something that happened in 1870.
Chief

United States

#6 Aug 11, 2013
Really what is the deal. Honestly in all reality what do you two hope to accomplish by spending all your time on here?? Nobody is gonna change there mind because of your posts. If your just wanting to bicker and argue with everyone then ok I get that. But you both realize your not changing anyone's mind any more than comrade is. I guess I'm just curious as to what you think will happen as a result of your posts
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#7 Aug 11, 2013
Chief wrote:
Really what is the deal. Honestly in all reality what do you two hope to accomplish by spending all your time on here?? Nobody is gonna change there mind because of your posts. If your just wanting to bicker and argue with everyone then ok I get that. But you both realize your not changing anyone's mind any more than comrade is. I guess I'm just curious as to what you think will happen as a result of your posts
Guest,
I tell you what might happen.

It's quite possible many Topix readers are NOT radical right-wing ditto-heads! Many of Topix readers just READ Topix - but they DO NOT POST ON TOPIX.

But, with a little TRUTHFUL INFORMATION & KNOWLEDGE from the left-wing - they might see what Republicans are trying to do to this country - and start realizing that IT IS REPUBLICANS WHO HAVE NEARLY DESTROYED THIS COUNTRY & KEEP TRYING TO BLOCK LEGISLATION WHICH WILL PUT THIS COUNTRY BACK TOGETHER & PUT PEOPLE BACK TO WORK...

Lord knows, these silent people who read Topix have been bombarded with years of indoctrination & brain-washing by the right-wing propaganda machine - so, now it's time they HEARD SOME OF THE TRUTH BEHIND ALL THOSE LIES, FEAR-MONGERING & HATE that Republican right-wing media have been spewing out for years...

And yes, yes, yes - it's quite possible with a little truthful information - many of these silent Topix readers might see that Obama & Democrats are looking out for their best interest...

And, hopefully - some of these silent Topix readers will see that REPUBLICANS ARE ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE BEST INTEREST OF WEALTHY AMERICANS & BIG BUSINESS...
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#8 Aug 11, 2013
Chief wrote:
Oh blow it out your dumb ass!I dont see you saying this to Comrade Winston who has posted more hate diatribe racist posts about black people and Obama.

See its ok as he is speaking the same hatred thoughts as you but let someone voice their opposition opinion and comments like yours are made. Well vice verse dipshit and best I can recall no one MADE you read this like no one has ever made me read anything of Comrades or some immature BS post people like you put in here DAILY!

You racist retards of the GOP know your ship is sunk and you grasp at straws and blame Obama for the rain the sunshine, because you dropped your cell phone in the toilet, please. Go cry your useless cry to those that ONLY have a forum they only like to hear themselves speak, or in this case read what they want to read.

Frickin idiot
Doug E

Caruthersville, MO

#9 Aug 11, 2013
Chief wrote:
Results? The truth will be told and the opposition will call them liars. While the lies will be spread and the truth will expose them, but those that spread the lies will cry foul.

My question is, why are YOU here and why did you feel the need to post?
Chief

United States

#10 Aug 11, 2013
Ok comrade. Do you think it's fruitful to argue with gene and Rolla? Your not gonna change your there minds. So what's they point. I like beer some like wine. But I'm not gonna tell the wine drinkers they are stupid. People like what they like what's the point. And Rolla im not a democrat by any means. Bu I do appreciate you responding in a civilized adult manner.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#11 Aug 11, 2013
Chief wrote:
Ok comrade. Do you think it's fruitful to argue with gene and Rolla? Your not gonna change your there minds. So what's they point. I like beer some like wine. But I'm not gonna tell the wine drinkers they are stupid. People like what they like what's the point. And Rolla im not a democrat by any means. Bu I do appreciate you responding in a civilized adult manner.
Chief,
Even though you're not a Democrat, I appreciate you mentioning that I DID respond to you in a civilized manner.

Just keep following my posts on C'ville Topix & who knows - I might just one day turn your thinking around & you'll be supporting Obama & the Democrat party...

STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...
Chief

United States

#12 Aug 11, 2013
I am a black man. I got my degree and got my job. And I could care less what comrade thinks of my skin color he doesn't offend me at all. If he doesn't like black men. That's his problem not mine.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#13 Aug 11, 2013
Chief wrote:
I am a black man. I got my degree and got my job. And I could care less what comrade thinks of my skin color he doesn't offend me at all. If he doesn't like black men. That's his problem not mine.
Well, I'm a white 70 yr old retired widowed - mother, grandmother & great-granmother. I've only got a high school education - but I sometimes feel I've got a Phd in the school of just plain ole common horse sense...

Comrade doesn't like me either - because I'm a Democrat & I'm a big Obama supporter - and I can DEBUNK any right-wing LIE Comrade comes up with -(as quick as a wink) on this forum...
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#14 Aug 11, 2013
Are you freaking kidding me???? You think you can have a decent adult like conversation with a narrow minded religious fanatic that calls people "child molesters"?

Oh sure chief, you probably could. As long as you sat there and listened to what HE had to say and not say a word, or give you opinion.

Im not here to argue. Im here to set the record straight. Its nothing about a difference of political affiliation. Its nothing about what denomination you attend in church.

Its about calling people names from the very beginning and insulting their families and calling people "child molesters" and then posting scripture in the same day and telling people how to live or else.......its personal, and neither 61 or myself started this. Comrade did.

Here to argue? Ha! He's here for attention ONLY. Because he has no life at home. Unless you want me to tell you about his relationship with the horse?

WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLBURRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRR
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#15 Aug 11, 2013
and I concur with 61.

Because she is a Democrat and a Obama supporter, Comrade has all but berated her and posted insulting comments about older people of her age. How disrespectful is it to insult someone about if they suffer from incontinence?

So because shes a Democrat and a Obama supporter, Comrade has the right to hurl insult after insult at her??

COMRADE IS A RACIST WITH A IMPURE HEART. How the man goes to church and sits there without guilt is beyond me.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#16 Aug 11, 2013
Gene wrote:
and I concur with 61.
Because she is a Democrat and a Obama supporter, Comrade has all but berated her and posted insulting comments about older people of her age. How disrespectful is it to insult someone about if they suffer from incontinence?
So because shes a Democrat and a Obama supporter, Comrade has the right to hurl insult after insult at her??
COMRADE IS A RACIST WITH A IMPURE HEART. How the man goes to church and sits there without guilt is beyond me.
Gene,
Thank you for coming to my defense regarding Comrade. Now, I wish someone would try to knock some sense into the head of Guest (St Louis/Baldwin) about him posting the most vulgar, insulting demeaning hurtful attacks on me!

Some of Guest's (St Louis/Baldwin) attacks on me - make Comrade look like a choir boy...

I have never seen WORSE VULGARITY on this forum & I'm surprised Topix lets him keep getting away with this it. That kind of dirty talk has no place on this forum & is what gives Topix a bad name.

It's obvious that TOPIX - IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB - BY LETTING GUEST (St Louis/Baldwin) keep getting away with this!!!

You can disagree with someone about politics - but you don't have to start attacking them personally. It's alright to say people are crazy or brain-washed for believing the idiology of the opposing party - but that is quite a bit different from the terrible attacks Guest (St louis/Baldwin) constantly hurls at me!

If he continues this childish behavior - I wish they would ban him from on this forum...
Chief

United States

#17 Aug 11, 2013
All u gotta do is ignore him gene. And all he has to do is ignore you all. But if u really are offended at what he says. And I think that you are. Then why not find out who he is and tune him up???? I just know when I see candidates mud slinging. I don't listen to anything they say. I like reading both sides facts and making my own opinion
The walrus

United States

#18 Aug 11, 2013
He called him a liar because he lied. How is that racist? The facts are out. Obamacare, if taken at Obamas word while campaigning for it, is one gigantic lie on top of another. There is no excise there. Same goes for what Gingrich said. Look at facts, the number of Americans who have signed up for some sort of government assistance has tripled and quadrupled in some departments. So again, that is not racism. It is fact. You liberals play that race card anytime it gets a little too hot for you. It's an easy way out of a sticky situation. It has become where any negative talk directed towards the president, regardless of the subject, is considered racism. I don't care what color his skin is, his policies are garbage. I know many people that voted for him who are now starting to see it too. He has done nothing to better this country. Believe this, the fear of being called racist has silenced some of the criticism. If Obama were white, the criticism would not decrease. It would go up substantially.
1961 Alumni Rolla

Rolla, MO

#19 Aug 11, 2013
The walrus wrote:
He called him a liar because he lied. How is that racist? The facts are out. Obamacare, if taken at Obamas word while campaigning for it, is one gigantic lie on top of another. There is no excise there. Same goes for what Gingrich said. Look at facts, the number of Americans who have signed up for some sort of government assistance has tripled and quadrupled in some departments. So again, that is not racism. It is fact. You liberals play that race card anytime it gets a little too hot for you. It's an easy way out of a sticky situation. It has become where any negative talk directed towards the president, regardless of the subject, is considered racism. I don't care what color his skin is, his policies are garbage. I know many people that voted for him who are now starting to see it too. He has done nothing to better this country. Believe this, the fear of being called racist has silenced some of the criticism. If Obama were white, the criticism would not decrease. It would go up substantially.
Walrus/Chief (or whatever you're calling yourself),
Don't tell me we have another brain-washed ditto-head on this forum - that's all we need! From the way you started off posting - I thought you were a little more intelligent that that, I guess I misjudged you.

What you need to do is turn off Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Fox & the rest of the right-wing noise machine & tune to some REAL NEWS SOURCES!!!

Yes, Obama has done an OUTSTANDING JOB - considering the mess he walked into. And never in the history of this country has ANY president ever had to try to deal with a congress which has been as OBSTRUCTIVE as what we've seen since Obama took office.

Of course for the first year & a half - when Democrats had control of the House - it wasn't so bad. But, just as soon as Republicans STOLE THE CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICTS SEATS (by Gerrymandering)- REPUBLICANS STARTED TRYING TO TEAR THIS COUNTRY DOWN EVEN FURTHER.

Naturally there are more people of welfare now!!! Do you have to wonder why? During Bush's last year in office, this country lost over 4 million jobs. Slowly,(under Obama) we've gained back a lot of jobs. But, because of failed Republican policies which have cause millions of manufacturing jobs to be off-shored - we still don't have enough jobs in this country.

And, even though Obama has tried to pass a jobs bill which would put thousands of people to work rebuilding our infrastructure - the House refuses to pass the bill. Yes, Republicans are refusing to pass anything Obama tries to do to help create jobs.

I only hope & pray Demcrats are able to take back the House in 2014 - and kick that bunch of dead weight obstructionist Tea Party idiots out the door...

Steele, MO

#20 Aug 12, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla wrote:
<quoted text>
Walrus/Chief (or whatever you're calling yourself),
Don't tell me we have another brain-washed ditto-head on this forum - that's all we need! From the way you started off posting - I thought you were a little more intelligent that that, I guess I misjudged you.
What you need to do is turn off Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Fox & the rest of the right-wing noise machine & tune to some REAL NEWS SOURCES!!!
Yes, Obama has done an OUTSTANDING JOB - considering the mess he walked into. And never in the history of this country has ANY president ever had to try to deal with a congress which has been as OBSTRUCTIVE as what we've seen since Obama took office.
Of course for the first year & a half - when Democrats had control of the House - it wasn't so bad. But, just as soon as Republicans STOLE THE CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICTS SEATS (by Gerrymandering)- REPUBLICANS STARTED TRYING TO TEAR THIS COUNTRY DOWN EVEN FURTHER.
Naturally there are more people of welfare now!!! Do you have to wonder why? During Bush's last year in office, this country lost over 4 million jobs. Slowly,(under Obama) we've gained back a lot of jobs. But, because of failed Republican policies which have cause millions of manufacturing jobs to be off-shored - we still don't have enough jobs in this country.
And, even though Obama has tried to pass a jobs bill which would put thousands of people to work rebuilding our infrastructure - the House refuses to pass the bill. Yes, Republicans are refusing to pass anything Obama tries to do to help create jobs.
I only hope & pray Demcrats are able to take back the House in 2014 - and kick that bunch of dead weight obstructionist Tea Party idiots out the door...
Some lemmings are also buttkissers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
De mccaig 1 hr dontshootthemessager 12
Twister's Cafe 5 hr Sage 38
Head hunters👀👀 10 hr BBC man 1
Country 17 hr Whoaa 17
really dfs dont take kids from meth moms (Sep '13) 17 hr Factsknown 20
Teacher at R3 18 hr Ginger 1
Crystal Mohr 19 hr John 2

Hayti Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance