I want to Apologize

Posted in the Hayti Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jerry

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1 Jul 19, 2013
I just got A call from an old Friend from Mississippi!! A long time friend from the Army who saw what I wrote out here and was appalled!! He never knew I was this Way or had thoughts like this, I'm sick to think this is the way you are he said!! Ive sat back and thought at what he said and Its true!! Im truly sorry for the words Ive wrote out here today and other days since the Zimmerman trail!! Ive Judged without having the right to judge ANYONE, Especially anyone with color.. I am not this way and Truly have no Ill will against anyone with Color or whos Religious beliefs which are different from mine..I want to Apologize to all out here who I offended and say please forgive me!!! This is My Last post out here On Topix for quite Awhile!!!! Again I'm sorry to anyone I hurt!! Thanks for calling Me Master Sargent Emerson and showing me my wrong doings!!!!! Its ones like you I respect the most....See you soon!!
tiger high

West Monroe, LA

#2 Jul 19, 2013
Jerry wrote:
I just got A call from an old Friend from Mississippi!! A long time friend from the Army who saw what I wrote out here and was appalled!! He never knew I was this Way or had thoughts like this, I'm sick to think this is the way you are he said!! Ive sat back and thought at what he said and Its true!! Im truly sorry for the words Ive wrote out here today and other days since the Zimmerman trail!! Ive Judged without having the right to judge ANYONE, Especially anyone with color.. I am not this way and Truly have no Ill will against anyone with Color or whos Religious beliefs which are different from mine..I want to Apologize to all out here who I offended and say please forgive me!!! This is My Last post out here On Topix for quite Awhile!!!! Again I'm sorry to anyone I hurt!! Thanks for calling Me Master Sargent Emerson and showing me my wrong doings!!!!! Its ones like you I respect the most....See you soon!!
wimp
guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Jul 19, 2013
Good job. :)
COLD HARD TRUTH

Caruthersville, MO

#4 Jul 19, 2013
Jerry wrote:
I just got A call from an old Friend from Mississippi!! A long time friend from the Army who saw what I wrote out here and was appalled!! He never knew I was this Way or had thoughts like this, I'm sick to think this is the way you are he said!! Ive sat back and thought at what he said and Its true!! Im truly sorry for the words Ive wrote out here today and other days since the Zimmerman trail!! Ive Judged without having the right to judge ANYONE, Especially anyone with color.. I am not this way and Truly have no Ill will against anyone with Color or whos Religious beliefs which are different from mine..I want to Apologize to all out here who I offended and say please forgive me!!! This is My Last post out here On Topix for quite Awhile!!!! Again I'm sorry to anyone I hurt!! Thanks for calling Me Master Sargent Emerson and showing me my wrong doings!!!!! Its ones like you I respect the most....See you soon!!
Im of the belief if a man humbles himself to apologize I accept it and move on.
jerrie

Sikeston, MO

#5 Jul 19, 2013
Everyone has an opinion, and sometimes it's best to keep them to ourselves! It makes people respect u more! I keep mine to myself because even tho u don't care who reads or hears it but u have god seeing everything! That's why we r not to judge! God is the judge of us all! But for u to apologize it shows you r a man and a man that admits his wrong doings and for that Mr. I respect u! Yes that is my real name by the way! Sometimes we say things and it takes good friends or co workers to point out our wrongs before we open our eyes to see that not everyone needs to know our opinions! I don't comment on the Zimmerman Martin stuff because I wasn't there I don't know what happened and I don't know there history but for whatever the case may be we need more men in this world admitting their wrongs an apologizing!
jerrie

Sikeston, MO

#6 Jul 19, 2013
tiger high wrote:
<quoted text>wimp
It's not him being a wimp its him being a man! If you would have been raised like I was knowing what a BELT was then maybe you would want to be a man and admit ur wrong doings!
Proud

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2013
Jerry wrote:
I just got A call from an old Friend from Mississippi!! A long time friend from the Army who saw what I wrote out here and was appalled!! He never knew I was this Way or had thoughts like this, I'm sick to think this is the way you are he said!! Ive sat back and thought at what he said and Its true!! Im truly sorry for the words Ive wrote out here today and other days since the Zimmerman trail!! Ive Judged without having the right to judge ANYONE, Especially anyone with color.. I am not this way and Truly have no Ill will against anyone with Color or whos Religious beliefs which are different from mine..I want to Apologize to all out here who I offended and say please forgive me!!! This is My Last post out here On Topix for quite Awhile!!!! Again I'm sorry to anyone I hurt!! Thanks for calling Me Master Sargent Emerson and showing me my wrong doings!!!!! Its ones like you I respect the most....See you soon!!
Very proud to call you friend. You did the most manly thing I have seen anyone do in a long time. I know how much you love America and how seriously you take your patriotism. Respect.
tiger high

Shreveport, LA

#8 Jul 19, 2013
jerrie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not him being a wimp its him being a man! If you would have been raised like I was knowing what a BELT was then maybe you would want to be a man and admit ur wrong doings!
aren't you judging me, jerrie - or is it an assumption as to how I was raised - and if you assumed, i think you had to have come to a conclusion that I wasn't raised right - sounds like judgement to me - and my parents did plenty of spanking, mostly with switches when mom did it, but dad brought out the belt - actually the belt was favored, by me, over the switch - remember, piss ant, we are on topix and some of us like to bs quite a bit - nothing meant by it - jerry ignored it - he knows I am full of shit - so, go away, grasshopper, until you've grown up!!
RealityCheck

Laguna Niguel, CA

#9 Jul 19, 2013
Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Very proud to call you friend. You did the most manly thing I have seen anyone do in a long time. I know how much you love America and how seriously you take your patriotism. Respect.
So posting anonymously on a gossip forum is not only manly but a way to show your patriotism???

You folks need to seriously reevaluate your moral values and religious beliefs.
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#10 Jul 19, 2013
Jerry wrote:
I just got A call from an old Friend from Mississippi!! A long time friend from the Army who saw what I wrote out here and was appalled!! He never knew I was this Way or had thoughts like this, I'm sick to think this is the way you are he said!! Ive sat back and thought at what he said and Its true!! Im truly sorry for the words Ive wrote out here today and other days since the Zimmerman trail!! Ive Judged without having the right to judge ANYONE, Especially anyone with color.. I am not this way and Truly have no Ill will against anyone with Color or whos Religious beliefs which are different from mine..I want to Apologize to all out here who I offended and say please forgive me!!! This is My Last post out here On Topix for quite Awhile!!!! Again I'm sorry to anyone I hurt!! Thanks for calling Me Master Sargent Emerson and showing me my wrong doings!!!!! Its ones like you I respect the most....See you soon!!
Have to give you credit Jerry. This is one thing we'll never see Comrade do in Topix. Takes a big man to admit he's wrong and apologize.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11 Jul 20, 2013
Gene you are right about that.

Jerry, my heart goes out to you. Sometimes our anger gets the emotional best of us and we need to be reminded that we are above no other because our skin color may be different. Admire your courage to apologize publicly and honor your service to our country. You are a good man in my humble opinion.
guest

Humboldt, TN

#12 Jul 20, 2013
jerrie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not him being a wimp its him being a man! If you would have been raised like I was knowing what a BELT was then maybe you would want to be a man and admit ur wrong doings!
ur language teacher would use a belt on you if he/she could read your post
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#13 Jul 20, 2013
tiger high wrote:
<quoted text>aren't you judging me, jerrie - or is it an assumption as to how I was raised - and if you assumed, i think you had to have come to a conclusion that I wasn't raised right - sounds like judgement to me - and my parents did plenty of spanking, mostly with switches when mom did it, but dad brought out the belt - actually the belt was favored, by me, over the switch - remember, piss ant, we are on topix and some of us like to bs quite a bit - nothing meant by it - jerry ignored it - he knows I am full of shit - so, go away, grasshopper, until you've grown up!!
Tiger High,
Sounds like you parents & mine followed the same pattern. Moma whipped me with switches (which I'd have to go cut myself) and Daddy would pull out the belt!

I only remember 2 times my Daddy giving me a good whipping. Once, in the summertime when Brown Shoe went on strike - and Moma & Daddy both came home from work early - about 10:00 in the morning.

It was my job every day to clean up the house; sweep the floors tidy up the bedrooms, living room, kitchen etc & wash up any dirty dishes. Every day they had been coming home at 12:00 noon for lunch & I'd just lay around and go out & play until about 11:00 - then I'd go in the house & get in high gear in order to get the place all cleaned up. But, my luck ran out on the day the Shoe factory went on strike...

Well, when they come home early - I hadn't done a thing! The house was in a bigger mess than when they left that morning & I'd had several of the neighborhood kids in the house & we were watching house & just making a mess.(they had warned me over & over to never have any kids in the house when they weren't home) Well, Daddy pulled his belt off & wore me out good! He said, he'd been saving up for many other times when I should have had a whipping & didn't get one.

The next time he whipped me was for yelling obsenities (like snot & buggers & puke etc.) in the window as our next door neighbors were eating. I'd got mad & had a falling out with the son of our next door neighbor & had drawn a line in the sand -(our gravel drive) & told him to never step foot across our property line again..

Yep, Daddy pulled off that belt again & gave me a good stiping. Moma had made me a pretty easter dress & my arms were so stripped up from that experience - she had to get me a little white sweater to hide the stripes. Again, Daddy gave me the lecture that he'd been saving up for all the whippings I should have had & didn't get. I was a pretty ornery kid when I was little...

By today's standards that probably would have been considered "Child Abuse" - but back then - it was just GOOD PARENTING.

Needless, I have yet to this day NEVER HOLLORED OBSENITIES THROUGH THE WINDOW AS SOMEONE WAS EATING!!!
well

Amherst, OH

#14 Jul 20, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiger High,
Sounds like you parents & mine followed the same pattern. Moma whipped me with switches (which I'd have to go cut myself) and Daddy would pull out the belt!
I only remember 2 times my Daddy giving me a good whipping. Once, in the summertime when Brown Shoe went on strike - and Moma & Daddy both came home from work early - about 10:00 in the morning.
It was my job every day to clean up the house; sweep the floors tidy up the bedrooms, living room, kitchen etc & wash up any dirty dishes. Every day they had been coming home at 12:00 noon for lunch & I'd just lay around and go out & play until about 11:00 - then I'd go in the house & get in high gear in order to get the place all cleaned up. But, my luck ran out on the day the Shoe factory went on strike...
Well, when they come home early - I hadn't done a thing! The house was in a bigger mess than when they left that morning & I'd had several of the neighborhood kids in the house & we were watching house & just making a mess.(they had warned me over & over to never have any kids in the house when they weren't home) Well, Daddy pulled his belt off & wore me out good! He said, he'd been saving up for many other times when I should have had a whipping & didn't get one.
The next time he whipped me was for yelling obsenities (like snot & buggers & puke etc.) in the window as our next door neighbors were eating. I'd got mad & had a falling out with the son of our next door neighbor & had drawn a line in the sand -(our gravel drive) & told him to never step foot across our property line again..
Yep, Daddy pulled off that belt again & gave me a good stiping. Moma had made me a pretty easter dress & my arms were so stripped up from that experience - she had to get me a little white sweater to hide the stripes. Again, Daddy gave me the lecture that he'd been saving up for all the whippings I should have had & didn't get. I was a pretty ornery kid when I was little...
By today's standards that probably would have been considered "Child Abuse" - but back then - it was just GOOD PARENTING.
Needless, I have yet to this day NEVER HOLLORED OBSENITIES THROUGH THE WINDOW AS SOMEONE WAS EATING!!!
Sorry Alumni,

I know you love your mom and dad but anytime a parent has to buy a sweater to cover up marks, IT's CHILD ABUSE.

Good Parenting doesn't need to cover up what they did 2 their children.
tiger high

Shreveport, LA

#15 Jul 20, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Alumni,
I know you love your mom and dad but anytime a parent has to buy a sweater to cover up marks, IT's CHILD ABUSE.
Good Parenting doesn't need to cover up what they did 2 their children.
no, well, it was not child abuse - we both were born in the 40's and grew up in the 50's - just about every house in our neighborhood had a willow tree - i had to go and get a "switch" more than once - if it wasn't big enough, i had to go get another -By today's standards, yes, it would be child abuse, but 61's parents, nor mine, had never heard of timeout - Abusive, hell no, just their way of discipline - several kids our age never received any discipline or very little - the neighbor i think 61 was talking about spent a few years in reform school because his parents failed to take the time to teach and administer discipline - after all, discipline is from the Hebrew word "disciple" , which means "to teach"- our parents showed - their love the way they thought best - i happen to think it was the right way - hindsight, things could have been done a little differently - but 61's parents, my parents and many other hard working parents during the time period did what they felt was best of us children - putting a belt, switch or paddle on that ass was one of em - Thank God for what they did
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#16 Jul 20, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Alumni,
I know you love your mom and dad but anytime a parent has to buy a sweater to cover up marks, IT's CHILD ABUSE.
Good Parenting doesn't need to cover up what they did 2 their children.
Well,
You are WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! THIS WAS NOT CHILD ABUSE - IT WAS TOUGH LOVE!!!

That's exactly what's wrong in this country today!!! I can only guess you were raised by parents who were influenced by Dr. Spock & all the rest of those "so called" experts on raising kids. My parents "parenting skills" followed the teachings IN THE BIBLE - "SPARE THE ROD & SPOIL THE CHILD"!!!

If parents really CARED ENOUGH ABOUT THEIR CHILDREN - THEY WOULD BRING BACK THE SWITCHES, BELTS & RAZOR-STRAPS! Yes, they would use the ROD - to keep from spoiling & ruining the child!

They would also bring back corporal punishment in the schools! Back in my day - if a kid misbehaved so badly in school that the teacher or principal had to spank them with a paddle - most of these kids could look forward to ANOTHER SPANKING WHEN THEY GOT HOME!!!

Back then parents & teachers worked together to discipline their children. Look what goes on in some schools today - teachers have even been attacked by unruly students in the classroom.

I GUARANTEE YOU - IF THESE SAME KIDS HAD BEEN GIVEN SOME GOOD-OLE FASHIONED WHIPPINGS WITH A SWITCH, A BELT OR A RAZOR-STRAP - THEY WOULDN'T BE DISRUPTING A CLASS & ATTACKING A TEACHER!!!

You've got a lot to learn about raising children!!!

Mom mom & dad loved all dearly (my three brothers & me) they loved us ENOUGH to DISIPLINE us!!! The result is - we all turned out VERY well adjusted, none of us have ever had any kind of brush with the law, we all played by the rules, we all worked hard & raised familes - who turned out good & hard-working too.

And all four of us had the upmost love, admiration & respect for our parents! I WILL FOREVER BE THANKFUL TO MY PARENTS FOR HAVING ENOUGH LOVE FOR US - TO DISIPLINE US WITH THE "SWITCH & THE BELT".

The reason I told this story about my mom & dad whipping me is that I looking back - I can see the humor in it. Yes, I can look back and laugh about it. Like I said earlier - I PROBABLY DIDN'T GET AS MANY WHIPPINGS AS I NEEDED...

In case you didn't know it - it doesn't take much of a hard lick with a little ole green swith to leave a stripe on little legs or arms. The same is true when using a belt to whip a kid - just one good lick will leave a mark. THIS IS A FAR CRY FROM BEATING A CHILD!!!

OUR PARENTS NEVER EVER BEAT US!!!

There is a big difference between a spanking (whipping) & a BEATING...
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#17 Jul 20, 2013
Well,

I just wanted to explain to you that "SPARE THE ROD & SPOIL THE CHILD" (as such) is not a direct quote from the bible - but it is based on the bibical teachings which follows...

(Proverbs 22:15) "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child. The rod of correction will drive it from him".

(Proverbs 23:13,14) "Do not withhold correcton from a child. For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod & deliver his soul from hell".

(Proverbs 29:15) "The rod & rebuke give wisdom. But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother".

I suppose "Dr Spock" who wrote that famous book about how to raise a child & told parents to "NEVER SPANK A CHILD" never read what the bible says about using a rod to punish a child. Maybe Dr Spock was an Atheist...

I also believe, DR SPOCK, who was supposed to be the upmost authority & EXPERT on raising children - NEVER HAD ANY CHILDREN OF HIS OWN...

After so many parents started following Dr.Spocks advice about raising children (instead of the bible teaching) many many kids started acting up and being unruly & causing all kinds of havoc.

A few years after Dr Spocks book came out & many young parents started following his advice - is about the time we started hearing of "JUVENILE DELINQUENTS - and it has steadly grown worse through the years...

If we don't use the rod to disipline a child we are not living up to what is taught in the bible!!!
RealityCheck

San Jose, CA

#18 Jul 20, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
Well,
I just wanted to explain to you that "SPARE THE ROD & SPOIL THE CHILD" (as such) is not a direct quote from the bible - but it is based on the bibical teachings which follows...
(Proverbs 22:15) "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child. The rod of correction will drive it from him".
(Proverbs 23:13,14) "Do not withhold correcton from a child. For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod & deliver his soul from hell".
(Proverbs 29:15) "The rod & rebuke give wisdom. But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother".
I suppose "Dr Spock" who wrote that famous book about how to raise a child & told parents to "NEVER SPANK A CHILD" never read what the bible says about using a rod to punish a child. Maybe Dr Spock was an Atheist...
I also believe, DR SPOCK, who was supposed to be the upmost authority & EXPERT on raising children - NEVER HAD ANY CHILDREN OF HIS OWN...
After so many parents started following Dr.Spocks advice about raising children (instead of the bible teaching) many many kids started acting up and being unruly & causing all kinds of havoc.
A few years after Dr Spocks book came out & many young parents started following his advice - is about the time we started hearing of "JUVENILE DELINQUENTS - and it has steadly grown worse through the years...
If we don't use the rod to disipline a child we are not living up to what is taught in the bible!!!
The bible also tell us that beating a slave is ok as long as you don't kill him/her.

Exodus 21:20

"Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result,

So you go ahead and keep quoting that bible sister!
Honorable

United States

#19 Jul 21, 2013
You did right. I don't know you but, what you did was Honorable!! I just wished more people took responsiblity for their action when addressed. Or before being addressed! Thank you
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#20 Jul 21, 2013
RealityCheck wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible also tell us that beating a slave is ok as long as you don't kill him/her.
Exodus 21:20
"Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result,
So you go ahead and keep quoting that bible sister!
RealityCheck,
No body said anything about BEATING A CHILD!!! I said spanking - or whipping a child with a switch, a belt, a razor strap, a paddle or a few well placed slaps on their bottom with your hand!

THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEATING A CHILD & SPANKING OR WHIPPING A CHILD!!!

But, you just go right ahead & keep coddling your child with these "time-outs" & grounding instead of REAL DISIPLINE!

Yes, just keep on trying to be their FRIEND instead of their PARENT & see how much good these your SO-CALLED GOOD PARENTING SKILLS have worked a few years down the line...

If a parent starts disipline at a very young age (even before 2 yrs old) & continues disiplining, by the time a child reachs their teens - physical punishment should no longer be necessary!

By that time, a parent should have gained the trust & respect of their child. By the time a kid is in their teens, USUALLY - only a good lecture or withholding something from them or grounding them, should be all that's needed to keep the kid in line. That is, if they have been SHOWN good parenting skills throughout their formative years...

I think it would be pretty accurate to say that over HALF THE INMATES IN PRISON or JAILS today would not be there - if they'd only had parents who CARED ENOUGH or LOVED THEM ENOUGH to DISIPLINE THEM - AND YES I MEAN - TAKING A SWITCH, BELT, RAZOR STRAP TO THEM - IN ORDER TO SHOW THE KID - THE PARENT MEANS BUSINESS!!!

If you do not disipline a young child from time to time with switch, a belt, a razor strap, a paddle or a few good slaps on their bottom with you hand - YOU ARE A POOR EXCUSE FOR A PARENT...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hayti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Keep A Man 27 min U12BME 44
Obama threatens to shoot down Israeli jets 43 min ComradeWinston 7
Another Lie By Comrade Winston & The GOP 51 min ComradeWinston 8
steele police 2 hr law abiding citizen 3
Bobby Watkins For Mayor (Feb '07) Fri Citizen 449
Jim's Fri wow 1
How many females in hayti are missing wit Solo ... Feb 27 wtf 4
Hayti Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hayti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:36 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:36PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine