plane crash near haysi va

plane crash near haysi va

Posted in the Haysi Forum

TWIGGY

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Jun 1, 2009
dose any one know where the plane went down near haysi any inf would be very helpful
Ken

Urbana, IL

#2 Oct 18, 2011
A plane with 3 people crashed not far from Haysi in 1965. It was on Pine Mountain just East of the Kentucky line. I have been to the sight, the 2 passengers were friends of mine, it is marked by a monument. It has proven very difficult to find the sight on Google Earth but I think I have it narrowed down to a couple of places.
The plane is not there but if you probe around the area some folks have found minor scraps or fragments.
The person who led me there showed me where one of my friends was laying.
I don't know if that is what you are looking for or not.
Near Lower Twin

Pounding Mill, VA

#3 Oct 19, 2011
TWIGGY wrote:
dose any one know where the plane went down near haysi any inf would be very helpful
If your referring to the small plane that crashed near Haysi just a few years ago, on Pine Mtn, this was right above Tivis Ridge/Lower Twin area. My grandfather watched the plane go down, and is very familiar with the area where the ATV team found the plane. He would be happy to help if your still searching for information.
Ken

Urbana, IL

#4 Oct 19, 2011
The plane I am familiar with went down a long time ago. I would appreciate it if someone was able to help me as well. Seems like the area is a magnet for small plane catastrophes.
The plane had Dale Stockdale, Paul Bennett and Dale Coleman on board. Mr. Stockdale was flying it.
It crashed in a ravine next to a big rock. It was near a road. The drest of Pine Mountain was visible from the road and area so we are talking within hundreds of yards of the crest.
haysi

Big Rock, VA

#5 Jan 15, 2012
the plane ur tlking abt ken is located on south of the mtn road..were the birch knob tower is at..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haysi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PSA Executive Director 46 min SMH 1
Saving PSA 5 hr politico 1
Oral Sex 6 hr OJA 8
RUSSIA and TRUMP (Nov '16) 18 hr fromGrundy 60
LuLu 19 hr fromGrundy 5
Hookers 19 hr pinky 5
Paige holis 20 hr Pig 5

Haysi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance