Chamber of Commerce pick a surprise f...

Chamber of Commerce pick a surprise for Kansas group

There are 8 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 30, 2010, titled Chamber of Commerce pick a surprise for Kansas group. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The announcement of the city's new Chamber of Commerce head was a surprise to some - especially the chamber in Hays, Kan., which had picked the same candidate to lead their own chamber of commerce earlier this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Zebulon

Farmington, NM

#1 Oct 30, 2010
Sounds a little screwy to me!
Just wondering

Los Lunas, NM

#2 Oct 30, 2010
"If this is a sign of (Allen's) integrity or his character..."

That pretty well nails it. He hasn't even started the job yet and his character is in question. Good going CofC!
Change

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Oct 30, 2010
I see Bill Clinton's fingerprints all over this.
Facts of Life

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Oct 30, 2010
All the chamber haters will look at almost anything to find fault. This seems pretty clear to me. Allen is offered a job by the Hays Chamber. He tells them he is also in the running for Las Cruces. He also tells the Las Cruces Chamber he has a job with the Hays Chamber. Allen did not sign his employment contract as he was actively interviewing with Las Cruces as he had told the Hays Chamber. Seems like sour grapes in Hays. My advice for readers of this story is to find something much more important to complain about. Oh, and of course, our illustrious local newspaper who depends on the business community to stay in business, can't help itself it creating negativity. Their days are numbered.
Amazed

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 30, 2010
Schumacher said Allen confirmed the job in Las Cruces via e-mail Friday morning, but had never given any indication that other offers were on the table. Schumacher is in Hays. Didn't know about any job offer in Las Cruces. Just the Facts of Life who can't read.
Facts of Life

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 30, 2010
Amazed wrote:
Schumacher said Allen confirmed the job in Las Cruces via e-mail Friday morning, but had never given any indication that other offers were on the table. Schumacher is in Hays. Didn't know about any job offer in Las Cruces. Just the Facts of Life who can't read.
Oh, and Mr. Schumacker is the only one who is correct? And, of course, you are putting all your faith in the Scum News accurately reporting the news?
this

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Oct 30, 2010
Facts of Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and Mr. Schumacker is the only one who is correct? And, of course, you are putting all your faith in the **** News accurately reporting the news?
Simmer down there Mr. Business man. The situation seems pretty clear cut despite your whining and your threats to bring down the paper because you don't agree with them sound pretty fascist.
Happy

Dearborn Heights, MI

#8 Nov 2, 2010
Actually the real winner is Royal Oak, MI who is breathing a sigh of relief to be done with this loser. Enjoy your pick!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tanya Taylor (Mar '17) May '17 Clerk 2
News Cowley touts link to FHSU and wins governor's s... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Predator Harm In ... 1
News Demonstrators show support for Weber (Sep '16) Sep '16 rmorgan 1
Dairy Queen (Jul '16) Jul '16 guest 2
News Hispanic College Institute helps students get t... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Paddling has its ... 1
Plainville police (Jun '16) Jun '16 Concernedcitizen 1
Theresia Ostrom (Apr '16) Apr '16 Concern citizens 1

Hays Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hays Mortgages