Once-oldest college grad earns her ma...

Once-oldest college grad earns her master's at 98 | The Columbus Di...

There are 28 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 19, 2010, titled Once-oldest college grad earns her master's at 98 | The Columbus Di.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Nola Ochs never set out to break any records. She figured she'd just take a few college courses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
azsmylie13

Phoenix, AZ

#21 May 25, 2010
AWESOME!
Karen

Longboat Key, FL

#22 May 25, 2010
Dear Mrs. Ochs,
I am 65 and I am completing my BS in Management in August 2010. I feel like I am taking my first breath. I think learning is an experience that lives within you. There are no limits to learning. I may go on to earn a Master's Degree as well. You are a great inspiration.
Thank you.
Karen
Diana

Hays, KS

#23 May 25, 2010
Well, SVC from Toledo, Ohio; there always has to be one downer in the bunch. Nola Ochs had a goal; went for it; and achieved it. She is truly an inspiration to all of us. Maybe you never achieved anything worthwhile in your life; how very sad for you.
frg

Campbell, CA

#24 May 25, 2010
the picture of her looks reall sad on msn but thats cool!
Briana

Grand Rapids, MI

#25 May 25, 2010
Congratulations! I've been dreading completing a Bachelor's at 53, but WOW! I'll have to think again. You are an inspiration!
kai

Sayville, NY

#26 May 25, 2010
I think its just fantastic that this grandma has the energy, stamina and brain power to attend college and get her degree at her age. She should be commended as an aspiration to all that its never too late to go back to school or fulfill your dreams! May Yah/God Bless her!
mamaof5

United States

#27 May 25, 2010
This is got to be one of the best stories I've heard! way to go Grandma. Love it!
Rose C

Long Beach, CA

#28 May 25, 2010
I think she's fantastic to see her dream come true. My mom went back to school and graduated from high school the same year that I did. It only goes to prove that you're never too old to learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tanya Taylor (Mar '17) May '17 Clerk 2
News Cowley touts link to FHSU and wins governor's s... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Predator Harm In ... 1
News Demonstrators show support for Weber (Sep '16) Sep '16 rmorgan 1
Dairy Queen (Jul '16) Jul '16 guest 2
News Hispanic College Institute helps students get t... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Paddling has its ... 1
Plainville police (Jun '16) Jun '16 Concernedcitizen 1
Theresia Ostrom (Apr '16) Apr '16 Concern citizens 1

Hays Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hays Mortgages