Teen charged in fatal Logmill Road crash

Teen charged in fatal Logmill Road crash

There are 5 comments on the Potomac News story from May 20, 2011, titled Teen charged in fatal Logmill Road crash. In it, Potomac News reports that:

Police have charged 18-year-old Christopher Eduard Suarez with reckless driving in the April 20 Haymarket crash that killed two of his classmates at Battlefield High School .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Potomac News.

mom of a teenager

Ashburn, VA

#1 Jun 2, 2011
I do not think he should be held with out abiond. he did not plan to crash. I know it's reckless but to hold him in jail and messing up his life is an answer. he shoudl be orderd to speak to schools abou this influneced him for the next few years. I am sure he is upset losing his frineds more than we we can all imagine. please show compasion for a stupid teenage kid and do not make him a guinea pig.
Shirley

Claremont, NH

#2 Jun 3, 2011
yes he should be in jail. his reckless actions killed his friend. he should be in jail for many years and never drive again. he decided to not wear a seatbelt and to drive way over the speed limit so he should be punished.
Nova Dude

Monroe, LA

#3 Jun 3, 2011
Shirley wrote:
yes he should be in jail. his reckless actions killed his friend. he should be in jail for many years and never drive again. he decided to not wear a seatbelt and to drive way over the speed limit so he should be punished.
I agree, it's a shame that this crash happened but the driver is no diffrent from anyone else on the road. If you are old enough to drive then you are old enough to take responsability for your actions. Driving a car is not a right, it's a privilege. I just hope that this terrible crash opens the eyes to many other teens and prevents some future crashs from occuring. God bless them all.
Gville Mama

Gainesville, VA

#4 Jun 3, 2011
mom of a teenager wrote:
I do not think he should be held with out abiond. he did not plan to crash. I know it's reckless but to hold him in jail and messing up his life is an answer. he shoudl be orderd to speak to schools abou this influneced him for the next few years. I am sure he is upset losing his frineds more than we we can all imagine. please show compasion for a stupid teenage kid and do not make him a guinea pig.
Pffft just slap him on the wrist and tell him he's a good boy right? He had the responsibilty to make his passengers wear seat beats and to not be speeding to boot. He should not have had that many "kids" in his vehicle any way. Simply an accident waiting to happen... oh yeah it did.
Haymarket Mom

Woodbridge, VA

#5 Jun 3, 2011
So then if your logic is that he didn't mean to crash. Then I guess you also feel that the driver of the tour bus that crashed this passed week should not be charged with manslaughter for the 4 people that died in that crash also??

He is 18 years old and was driving around with 14 and 15 year old girls. I'm sorry, but he should be punished for his actions. Those girls and their families are being punished every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Aug 27 DC Telecommuter 5,518
Does anyone know why Pastor Bob Perdue left GLCC? (Aug '13) Aug 24 Gary 36
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Aug 15 Carlito 428
Computer Repair Service Gainesville VA Aug 4 just_find 1
66 commute Jun '16 LKA 3
Haymarket Police (Aug '09) Jun '16 Friend 18
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages