goodyear tire in gainesville

goodyear tire in gainesville

Posted in the Haymarket Forum

Since: Jan 10

Bowie, MD

#1 Aug 7, 2011
This place is the worst. Last Wednesday we took my wife car in for an 1130 appt to have new tires put on, and a transmission flush. At nine clock that night they called and said they were just now doing flush and they found a problem with a seal. Almost 12 hours later they are letting us now of the problem. We agreed it needed to be replaced but of course it could not be finished till noon the following day. The next day when my wife picked up car on her drive home she was stranded on side of road. Apparently the a plus techs they have working there had not clipped transmission hose back on after they performed the flush. We had to have car towed back and more time taken from work to get car fixed. Thursday night when we picked up the car we thought ok our problems are over. We thought wrong. The tires we had put on my wifes luxury suv now sounded like we had super swampers . They were so loud we could not hear radio and howled at 60 mph. So now its back to the store again the following day to get the tires balanced. Apparently that service is sometime overlooked when you get new tires at Goodyear. This store is horrible and they are incompetent. I will never take another vehicle there again.
Gville Mama

Gainesville, VA

#2 Aug 7, 2011
Go to Curry's just down the road near University & Wellington. Yes Goodyear sucks... why go there to begin with?
Anne

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2011
i had a bad experience also. they spent hours trying to fix the A/C and then said it was fixed. But it wasn't. Took the car to Honda in Manassas and they found a very obvious broken wire. Fixed the A/C in less than an hour.
I understand that Gainesville Goodyear was over their heads but they lied about it being fixed.
Been going to Curry's for a couple years and we are very happy with the good work and fair prices. They are also much nicer to deal with.
Fred

Tucson, AZ

#4 Aug 8, 2011
My one and only experience with this wonderful operation was when they charged me extra for putting nine quarts of oil in my small sedan. Then they argued that is what the manual says and refused to adjust the bill. I told them if you really put nine quarts of oil in when the capacity is five, then I will be back for a new engine. I was eventually able to get the charge adjusted through the credit card company, but never again.
LivnLif

Kensington, MD

#5 Aug 8, 2011
Piedmont Tire is also a reliable organization. Been doing business with them for years. A local
small businessman who works hard to give good service at a fair price. If I have ever been unhappy, they have made things right.
John

Redwood City, CA

#6 Aug 9, 2011
best was when I have a problem with ac, and they needed to put the dye in the ac to find the leak - but first, they wanted to do a evacuate and fill on the ac - knowing full well that once they found the leak, they would be doign it again.

Later, I found out that the clerks are compensated by any upsells they do to a customer.

I do not go to Gainesvile Good Year any longer.
Gville Mama

Gainesville, VA

#7 Aug 9, 2011
John - I'm in the midst of getting my AC fixed by Curry's. They are going to do the same thing, evac my system and fill with the dye & freon (it's mixed together). Once they spot the leak, they vac the freon out into their closed system and fix the leak and put the freon back in. You shouldn't be paying for it to be filled twice. I had them explain this in great detail to me, because I too at first thought I was going to have to pay for the charge twice over. Curry's machine broke a couple of weeks ago and I'm waiting for the temps to go down before I go back so they can get a more accurate temp reading.
Gainesville Dad

AOL

#8 Aug 10, 2011
Went in there last week to have the rear AC in my Expedition looked at because it was making a banging noise. They charged me $100 to "diagnose" the problem only to call and tell me it would be another $240 to be able to get to where they could tell me what was wrong. TOTAL CROOKS!!!
Gainesville Mom

Gainesville, VA

#9 Aug 11, 2011
Don't go to Curry's either. My husband took his car in for some repairs. He got a quote and approved it, including a 5% Govt employee discount. When he picked up the car, they had added on all sorts of fees like shop supply, hazard supply, etc. The bill was $250 more and they didn't give the 5% discount. My husband told them he wasn't happy that the didn't quote right and no discount so they gave us a $60 credit to be used later at the shop. No way will we ever go back since they overcharge and don't tell you. We will take a loss on the $60 rather than go to a shady operation.

Since: Jan 10

Clinton, MD

#10 Aug 21, 2011
Thanks for the responses guys. If my post saves 1 customer from wasting their time with this poor excuse for a car repair shop, mission accomplished!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Sep 14 gainesville noob 5,640
News Lidl's first store in D.C. region opens in Mana... Sep 1 WCB 1
Goodwill to Open Centreville Store August 5th Aug '17 DCGoodwill 1
Construction worker Jul '17 Steve 1
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun '17 youngdreamer 103
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia Jun '17 I See the Light 21
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance