New Towncenter in Gainesville VA

Since: May 08

Gainesville, VA

#4872 Aug 8, 2013
brian wrote:
According to the ABC license site mentioned above..
Nora Taste of Lebanon is coming to Gainesville.. Says Lee Hwy.. probably not Promenade. Interesting.
It does take a little bit of common sense to interpret the results. Besides new local restaurants you need to mentally filter out the license renewals and convenience stores.

So if your mental capacity is too low to handle it just wait for others to post the results lol
Former Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#4873 Aug 9, 2013
So the weekend of the 24-25th is the new date for the traffic switch at the Gainesville interchange. VDOT originally planned for it to be the 18-19th but with the Jimmy Buffet concert going on then they wisely decided to push it back. Based on what VDOT is saying, things are going to be pretty rough when the switch is going on, with only one lane each way on Rt. 29 and Linton Hall being open and some turns restricted.

VDOT posted the news on their Facebook page but Bristow Beat also has an article on it:

http://bristowbeat.com/news/080913-vdot-annou...

Be safe folks!
brian

Washington, DC

#4874 Aug 9, 2013
I see.. It's already here.
I did the sort by pending licenses.

Nice job with the jabs and personal attacks. Hope you feel better!

Gainesville, VA

#4875 Aug 9, 2013
brian wrote:
I see.. It's already here.
I did the sort by pending licenses.
Nice job with the jabs and personal attacks. Hope you feel better!
So you really didn't know about Nora's already being here??? I thought you were just being sarcastic yourself so I figured I'd respond in kind.

Nora's has been here for years and is one of the best area restaurants (top 5 at least) you should definitely try it...
brian

Germantown, MD

#4876 Aug 10, 2013
I didn't know.
I do now. Apologies for derailing the thread. It's hard to see what's in that small shopping center.

It is however odd that their ABC license is pending, but there are all sorts of licenses. On premises only, allowing sales to be taken off premises, Beer/Wine and Mixed drinks are even separate things.
Former Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#4877 Aug 11, 2013
I follow Nora's on Facebook as the wife and I would go there regularly. Turns out not too long ago they were up for renewal of their license, and interestingly enough when you are in the renewal process you are not allowed to serve alcohol. I believe the renewal went through fine about a week or two ago. They may just be slow at updating the site.
Gainesville Hokie

Stevensville, MD

#4878 Aug 14, 2013

Location hidden

#4879 Aug 15, 2013
Gainesville Hokie wrote:
So, based on this info it looks like they will be the tenant for D-5 on the site plan.
Gainesville Noob

Woodbridge, VA

#4880 Aug 15, 2013
How much better is this place supposed to be compared to five guys?

Since: Jul 08

Gainesville, VA

#4881 Aug 16, 2013
There is a Smashburger in Fairfax on 50, I've been meaning to try it but haven't had a chance yet.
Phil

Dewitt, MI

#4882 Aug 17, 2013
I've had Smashburger on the west coast, and it's decent. The food is less greasy than Five Guys, and has a little more variety (they have chicken sandwiches and salads in addition to burgers). I'm glad to see one opening here in Gainesville.
Lables

Germantown, MD

#4883 Aug 19, 2013
Phil wrote:
I've had Smashburger on the west coast, and it's decent. The food is less greasy than Five Guys, and has a little more variety (they have chicken sandwiches and salads in addition to burgers). I'm glad to see one opening here in Gainesville.
Plus you can have a beer with your burger, you can't do that at 5guys!
brian

Washington, DC

#4884 Aug 19, 2013
It looks like there are more topping choices as well (different cheeses and such). Vegetarian options etc..
Sid

Potomac, MD

#4885 Aug 22, 2013
When is the Promenade scheduled to open?

Location hidden

#4886 Aug 22, 2013
Sid wrote:
When is the Promenade scheduled to open?
As of right now, there is no definitive date. Just scheduled for Fall 2013. I know the theater is supposed to be opened before Thanksgiving and I would guess some of the women's shops might be open by then. I have a feeling that any of the restaurants probably won't open till the new year, but one can hope for December.

Since: Apr 13

Clinton, MD

#4887 Aug 22, 2013
They've finally started on the BJ's gas station. They were digging yesterday.
brian

Washington, DC

#4888 Aug 22, 2013
pure speculation, but from the road.. it looks as if The Theater, Bar Louie, Charming Charlie and Nando's are the furthest along (from what can be seen).

BJ Brewhouse is just pipes and a foundation at this point. Smashburger said they are aiming for a Winter 2014 opening.
Gainesville dude

Haymarket, VA

#4889 Aug 28, 2013
even though we are still several months away from anything opening, It was nice to drive by and see Bar Louie's sign up today in promenade! Gets me excited!

Location hidden

#4890 Aug 30, 2013
So on the VA Gateway facebook page, they did confirm there will be some type of water feature in the central plaza. But, it wasn't disclosed whether it will be something similar to Fairfax which has a very kid friendly water feature, or whether it will just be something like a fountain/waterfall type feature surrounded by landscaping. Also, the way it was mentioned it didn't sound like it was something which would be installed right away, it sounded like sometime in the future.
David

Lansing, MI

#4891 Aug 31, 2013
Does anyone know what is getting ready to be built in front of the Giant in Dominion Valley? Hopefully not a bank, not like we need another one of them in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haymarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Jan 7 Vanessa 434
Trump sign on 29 Dec 29 sonnyboylethalstein 3
Wentworth Green: Pros / Cons Dec 22 Gainesville Resident 7
They told me I have 2 weeks...? (Dec '13) Nov '16 Hey 3
News The next step in bringing VRE to Haymarket & Ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Kiwuji 1
News 32-mile cross-county walk to raise funds for ch... (May '15) May '15 kab 1
News Sound off about the Costco proposal on July 26 (Jul '07) Apr '15 Gainesville Elite... 3

Haymarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Haymarket Mortgages